Ornamental Grass for ID : Jijamata Udyan,Mumbai : 051012 : AK-1

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Ornamental Grass for ID : Jijamata Udyan,Mumbai : 051012 : AK-1 Aarti S. Khale 10/5/12 8:04 AM
Ornamental Grass seen at Jijamata Udyan, in Mumbai on 4/2/2011.
A small, cultivated, potted plant with white flowers.
Id please.
Aarti
Re: [efloraofindia:133973] Ornamental Grass for ID : Jijamata Udyan,Mumbai : 051012 : AK-1 plantscape(ajinkya) 10/5/12 9:12 AM
arati jee this  white flower is wild grass Cyperus  and in the pot with dark green leaves called
monkey grass or mondo grass. formally known as Ophiopogon

--

Re: [efloraofindia:133973] Ornamental Grass for ID : Jijamata Udyan,Mumbai : 051012 : AK-1 Aarti S. Khale 10/5/12 11:11 PM
Thanks for the id Ajinkya ji.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 arati jee this white flower is wild grass Cyperus and in the pot with dark green leaves called

monkey grass or mondo grass. formally known as Ophiopogon- from Ajinkya ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1980 members & 1,33,000 messages on 30/9/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

Fwd: [efloraofindia:133973] Ornamental Grass for ID : Jijamata Udyan,Mumbai : 051012 : AK-1 JM Garg 4/21/17 5:27 AM

From: PRASAD V.P.
Date: 24 April 2017 at 15:09
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Dr. Garg
          The white head-like inflorescence looks like Kyllinga nemoralis of family Cyperaceae, may be a weed in the flower pot. I need a specimen to confirm the identity.The plant in the central part of the pot in vegetative condition seems to be the actual ornamental (not a Cyperaceae member).

Best regards

V.P. Prasad

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/ wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/ group/indiantreepix (more than 1980 members & 1,33,000 messages on 30/9/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/ efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Re: Fwd: [efloraofindia:133973] Ornamental Grass for ID : Jijamata Udyan,Mumbai : 051012 : AK-1 Aarti S. Khale 4/25/17 7:37 PM
Thanks Garg Ji and Prasad Ji.
Regards,
Aarti