IBus 1.5.4

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
IBus 1.5.4 fujiwara 9/20/13 5:16 PM
IBus 1.5.4 is released now [1].

 - Uses GSettings for panel and setup and you need to install the GSettings schemas file.
   I updated the installation of GSettings and DConf [2].
 - Handle GTK+ input purose for gnome-shell password dialog and each engine need to implement it [3].
 - You may wish to implement 'ibus write-cache --system' in post installation and uninstallation in each engine.
 - It would be great if each engine uses GSettings directly instead of ibus-config. ibus-config still will be left for the back compatibility.
 - ibus-wayland is disabled in configure by defualt.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/ibus/downloads/list
[2] http://code.google.com/p/ibus/wiki/Install
[3] https://github.com/ibus/ibus-anthy/commit/6aae0a9f145f536515e268dd6b25aa740a5edfe7
Re: IBus 1.5.4 fujiwara 9/21/13 2:51 AM
(09/21/13 16:42), Yohei Yukawa-san wrote:
> Hi, I'm a maintainer of ibus-mozc and a bit interested in the following change made by IBus 1.5.4.
>
>  > - Handle GTK+ input purose for gnome-shell password dialog and each engine need to implement it [3].
>
> Here is the list of my questions:
> 1. Is there any user-visible problem expected when an engine doesn't support IBus "input purpose", especially on gnome-shell password dialog?

If the engine does not support the input purpose, the typed chars are shown on the password entry.
And in case that engine is Japanese, Hiragana on preedit may be shown on preeedit by default.

> 2. Why was it OK for an engine to do nothing when it works with IBus 1.5.3 and prior?

1.5.2 or lower do not handle the input purpose so the typed chars are shown as the bug.
1.5.3 returns FALSE when the input purpose is password in IBus GTK+ IM modules instead of sending the key events to IBus engines so the problem does
not appear.
1.5.4 adds the class method of set_content_type() in IBusEngine and IBus GTK+ IM modules send the input purpose to engines.

Now each engine has to handle the input purpose.
ibus-anthy just returns FALSE at the moment if the input purse is password. However some engines might like to handle it with other ways.
The set_content_type() returns the GTK+ input purpose and input hints.