Hazelcast 2.0 Release date and support for JSR107 (JCache)

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Hazelcast 2.0 Release date and support for JSR107 (JCache) gise...@yachay.net 2/10/12 10:14 AM
Hello,

I have the following questions:

1. Does hazelcast have any plans to support JSR107? If so, any release date?

2. Approximately, when is a stable version of Hazelcast 2.x going to be released?

Thanks,

Gisella Saavedra
Navis
Oakland, CA, USA

Re: Hazelcast 2.0 Release date and support for JSR107 (JCache) Talip Ozturk 2/10/12 1:25 PM
> 1. Does hazelcast have any plans to support JSR107? If so, any release date?

It shouldn't be hard to support JSR107 but it is a 10 years old JSR
that is never been finalized. We don't want to spend time on it until
we see an official release of the spec.

> 2. Approximately, when is a stable version of Hazelcast 2.x going to be released?

We are already late on this but you should see 2.0-RC1 next week and
2.0-final by the end of this month.

-talip

Re: Hazelcast 2.0 Release date and support for JSR107 (JCache) gise...@yachay.net 2/15/12 5:14 PM
thank you for the answer. Somehow I'm not getting the replies to the messages I post even toguht I believe I have checked the box for receiving notifications.

I agree with you on the JSR107. It is been around for quite some time and current specs (the one available) is not enough.