haXe is now Haxe

Showing 1-13 of 13 messages
haXe is now Haxe Nicolas Cannasse 4/18/12 5:57 AM
Hi,

As announced at WWX, "haXe" is now spelled "Haxe".

I tried doing some automatic replaces on the haxe.org and other places,
please report any place it might be left ;)

Best,
Nicolas

Re: [haxe] haXe is now Haxe Simon Krajewski 4/18/12 6:01 AM
Am 18.04.2012 14:57, schrieb Nicolas Cannasse:

http://code.google.com/p/haxe/source/browse/trunk/std/Array.hx
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/source/browse/trunk/std/Class.hx
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/source/browse/trunk/std/Date.hx
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/source/browse/trunk/std/DateTools.hx

... you get the idea. :D

Simon

Re: [haxe] haXe is now Haxe Juan Delgado 4/18/12 6:36 AM
Bottom right of the home page says "Powered by haXe"

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: haXe is now Haxe Ruben 4/18/12 6:58 AM
updated english haxe page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HaXe).. Except for the title..
Re: haXe is now Haxe Max 4/18/12 7:26 AM
Now Germans must be proud about existing programming language named
after pork :)

http://www.modernbeet.com/archives/239

On Apr 18, 2:57 pm, Nicolas Cannasse <ncanna...@motion-twin.com>
wrote:
Re: [haxe] Re: haXe is now Haxe Valerie Elimak 4/18/12 8:45 AM
The Facebook page.

--
Valerie Alloix

+31633042131
Skype: thisiselimak |  @elimak
ElimakKvk273.80.385 | VAT: NL259368775B01 | VAR/0127/259368775/

Re: [haxe] Re: haXe is now Haxe Franco Ponticelli 4/18/12 9:03 AM
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Valerie Elimak <in...@elimak.com> wrote:
The Facebook page.

Thank you for that, just requested for Facebook to apply the change.

Franco
Re: haXe is now Haxe Mark Ford 4/18/12 9:55 PM
I'm vegetarian...
Re: [haxe] Re: haXe is now Haxe Cristian Baluta 4/19/12 12:06 AM
I must admit it looks better now.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com

Anyone know how to rename the title?  Currently it comes up as "HaXe" or "haXe".  Not sure how to do a rename in wikimedia...

While we're at it, I moved the "pronounced 'hex'" line from the first sentence to further down the page.  A lot of people first time they hear of haxe will want to read about it, and may well read the wikipedia article first.  Let's make sure their first impression is about the power of haxe, not about the community bickering over pronunciation :P

Jason
Re: [haxe] Re: haXe is now Haxe Nicolas Cannasse 4/19/12 1:16 AM
> While we're at it, I moved the "pronounced 'hex'" line from /the first
> sentence/ to further down the page.  A lot of people first time they

> hear of haxe will want to read about it, and may well read the wikipedia
> article first.  Let's make sure their first impression is about the
> power of haxe, not about the community bickering over pronunciation :P

One of the thing we were thinking is to become agnostic for
pronunciation as well :

"Haxe can compile to many platforms, can be used from many IDE, and can
even be pronounced in many different ways" :)

Best,
Nicolas

Re: [haxe] Re: haXe is now Haxe Jason O'Neil 4/19/12 1:31 AM
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Nicolas Cannasse <ncan...@motion-twin.com> wrote:
One of the thing we were thinking is to become agnostic for pronunciation as well :

"Haxe can compile to many platforms, can be used from many IDE, and can even be pronounced in many different ways" :)

Hahaha I like this!
Re: [haxe] Re: haXe is now Haxe Viktor Hesselbom 4/19/12 1:33 AM
You can redirect the page. I updated HaXe to redirect to Haxe. Althought now the title is just haxe...

viktor hesselbom