|June meetup||Justin Reese||6/4/12 9:05 AM|
Things have been too quiet. Would you all want to get together at my house some weekend this month? I'm thinking eats and drinks and (if I can collect the required pieces) an experimental game of Zendo, which sounds amazing.
WHEN: Let's discuss. I nominate this Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th, or Friday the 15th.
WHERE: I nominate my house. We've got a big table, lots of sitting room, and a big back yard. It's just a few blocks from Justin The Red's, for those who've been there.
FOOD? I'd say so. For big groups I like to do a big batch of tomato soup and cheesy bread but that's very specific so if you prefer we can just get a bunch of pizzas. BYOB.
KIDS? Absolutely. Between E's room and the back yard there is plenty of play space.
|Re: June meetup||Christopher Groskopf||6/4/12 9:09 AM|
I am +10x10^11 on this idea. I'd prefer one of the Fridays but can
make Saturday work too. Logan may or may not be in attendance
depending on whether he is visting his Mom in the hospital.
|Re: June meetup||GoGoGarrett||6/4/12 9:18 AM|
I'm down. I'm free any day so just let me know.
|Re: June meetup||will killian||6/4/12 9:57 AM|
Sounds like fun. For us, the 15th would be most preferable. We could
do the 8th, but we are going out of town early on the 9th, so if we did
the 8th we'd have to head home earlier than on the 15th.
* Justin Reese <jus...@justinreese.com>:
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/4/12 10:25 AM|
Given Chris's preference for Fridays and Will's preference for 15th and Garrett's enviable preference for anytime, things are crystallizing around Friday the 15th. Which is good, it gives me time to order Zendo pieces with slow shipping.
Anybody else have date input/requirements? How's about food: would me improvising a big soup / bread spread be okay, or would you guys prefer pizzas? You can be honest. I won't poison your pizzas just because you don't like my soup.
|Re: June meetup||Christopher Groskopf||6/4/12 11:01 AM|
No, but you might poison the soup just because, right? Anyway, I'm
down for poisoned soup--aids in digestion.
|Re: June meetup||will killian||6/4/12 11:02 AM|
|Re: June meetup||JoeQuery||6/4/12 11:06 AM|
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/4/12 11:09 AM|
Great, now every off taste in my soup will have people nervously dumping their bowls out under the table. Guess we're eating outside.
|Re: June meetup||Christopher Groskopf||6/4/12 11:19 AM|
You have pets we can use to test the soup, right?
|Re: June meetup||JoeQuery||6/4/12 11:20 AM|
I nominate my girlfriend's dog for poison testing.
I fucking hate that little thing.
|Re: June meetup||will killian||6/4/12 11:21 AM|
|Re: June meetup||Justin E||6/4/12 11:24 AM|
I hate soup. I'm all like "What are you soup? Are you a beverage or a food?" Amirite?
Don't even get me started on smoothies. F*#$ing smoothies....
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/4/12 11:26 AM|
1. I was super-confused when an ad for Skinny Girls Cocktails preceded that clip and I thought the ad *was* the clip and it was just girls in bikinis at a pool.
2. I'm so happy you said "!handsome" that I don't even care.
@Chris: If we're testing the soup on pets, it's almost certain to be poisoned. We have a fairly unwanted dog, too. (Cue GnR.)
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/4/12 11:34 AM|
Well. There go my desert plans.
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/5/12 9:26 AM|
I'm so embarrassed about the desert/dessert typo.
|Re: June meetup||Christopher Groskopf||6/5/12 9:29 AM|
So are we, Justin. So are we.
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/11/12 8:26 AM|
Couple of things-
1. Can I gets a headcount? We're going to do lasagna, salad and bread instead of tomato soup (wifey brought up the good point that hot soup in summer can be uncomfortable) and I want to get enough food.
2. We might have to play bootleg Zendo. I underestimated the cost of all the pieces (~50$ for the recommended number of Icehouse pieces, not counting the stones, which Chessex is out of anyway). It can be played with any pieces of adequate variance, so I'm going to use Duplos for the pieces and coins for the stones. That'll give us a good idea of the group dynamics of the game and whether it's worth investing in a complete set. Cool?
3. Reminder: this Friday, 7pm-???PARTY!!, my house (will send address directly to confirmed peeps), family welcome/encouraged. Bring bear spray, our house is literally crawling with bears.
|Re: June meetup||GoGoGarrett||6/11/12 8:29 AM|
I'll be there. +1
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/11/12 8:30 AM|
You + 1 = 2? Or you are the +1.
Oh man let's define a microformat for RSVPs!
|Re: June meetup||Justin Reese||6/11/12 8:32 AM|
Seems I can't send an email to the group without an embarrassing typo. Got the link indexes wrong down there. So ashamed. The first  is , while the second  is correct. Obviously. Not a good start to the day.
|Re: June meetup||GoGoGarrett||6/11/12 8:34 AM|
Flying solo this week, so count shall be just 1 on my end.
|Re: SPAM: Re: June meetup||will killian||6/11/12 9:03 AM|
|Re: June meetup||Christopher Groskopf||6/11/12 11:41 AM|
I will be there with [0-1] half-size guests depending on whether Logan
is with his Mom. Looking forward to it!
|Re: June meetup||Justin E||6/13/12 11:58 AM|