What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland?

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? RST 4/10/12 3:57 AM
We submitted a copy of our charity certification from the Inland Revenue. This was rejected by Google. The automated message we were sent gave no more detail than to say that the documentation was not correct.

What documentation is required? Why is a charity certification letter from the Inland Revenue not enough?
Re: What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? RST 4/10/12 4:41 AM
For clarification our details are as follows:
Refugee Survival Trust
Charity number: SC024328

We applied for the grant last week, on April 4th.
Re: What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? ginabeans 4/20/12 4:02 PM
Here are the eligibility guidelines for applicants. Is your org listed in Guidestar.org as a 501c3 organization?
Re: What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? RST 4/25/12 8:41 AM
We are a Scottish organisation that applied for a 'Google Grant'. Perhaps this is the wrong place for our query (most of this seems to refer to charities in the US). Could you tell me where a UK based organisation can get help with a rejected 'google grant'?
(unknown) 4/26/12 2:53 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? RichPepp 4/26/12 2:54 AM
According to the guidelines your Inland Revenue certification should be ok.  The eligibility link from ginabeans is for the US

Did you apply to Google UK or US?  The correct link should be at the bottom of this page

Re: What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? RST 4/27/12 3:51 AM
Thanks for that Rich. We applied for Google UK and I followed the charity certification guidlines laid out here: http://www.google.co.uk/grants/grantees/legal.html and the general eligibility guidelines laid out here: http://www.google.co.uk/grants/details.html.

I understand that Google don't have to give out grants to everyone. I was just confused because they specifically cited our charity certification documents as not being sufficent.

You may not be able to help me further with this. Perhaps I should just re-apply, using the same documentation, and cross my fingers.
Re: What documentation is required to prove we are a registered charity in Scotland? ginabeans 4/30/12 4:46 PM
Ahh ok, sorry about that. Yea, you might want to try posting this directly in the Google Grants forum. Here is the link to all the different forums.

-Gina