Use in open-source projects

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Use in open-source projects Eion Robb 2/8/12 3:50 PM
Couple of questions:
1. Would Google give exemption to billing/payment for free, open-source community software?
2. How can we use the new translate API in open-source software since we cannot hide the API key?
Re: Use in open-source projects Wen (Google) 3/28/12 6:34 PM
1. the Google Translate API is only available as a paid service.
Please see Pricing and Support for more details. However we do offer
the Google Website Translator gadget, which will translate your
website without charge.

2. Use https to hide the API key.  And don't put the API in a plain
html or javascript on your website.

- Wen