Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products

Showing 1-29 of 29 messages
Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Anurag Maherchandani 7/13/13 11:21 PM

I have been really disappointed by Google. I have raised a request for increasing the quota for my application long back and got not at a single response.

I took 3-4 months to develop this and it has been 3rd time that I have to ask for raising the quota. My app to share tasks is getting 30-40 users/day.
This means there is a obvious need for the product. And I am spending lot of my time and pocket money into this.
Still there is no co-ordination from Google side.

My app is getting good reviews on G+, Twitter https://twitter.com/GmailSharedTask and through emails, there is no reason from Google to delay in increasing the quota.
I have at least 30-40 appreciation emails in my inbox for my app, users need this and I am working it for FREE, there is no benefit for me.

There is not even a single confirmation that my request has been accepted or rejected. Please RESPECT the developers and whatever it is you should get back to them.

I have been trying really hard to ping google employees on G+, LinkedIn, and facebook. And none of them have time to even respond.
This has disappointed me to the core. I have heard that Google is the best company to work for, now I am giving it a second thought.

Please help GmailSharedTasks to survive. Not for my Sake, but at least for the Gmail users sake. Who really want to share their tasks inside Gmail.
My app is hosted at gmailsharedtasks.com.

--
Best Regards,
Anurag Maherchandani

Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Tommy Nguyen 7/15/13 12:04 AM
I can attest that this is a great app. Please provide the developer the necessary quota to keep it alive!
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Amanda Eicher 7/15/13 11:05 PM
Hello,
I am an office coordinator for a busy grant-funded education office in a community college. We now have 75 people on payroll, with 16 of them sharing tasks and using GoogleCalendar and GoogleDrive on a daily basis. This app has been incredibly helpful for our productivity and communication, two tenets which seem crucial to Google's own good corporate culture. Please help innovations like this one continue to thrive; they are filling in the gaps in a system that can't quite grow fast enough for its users on its own.
Sincerely,
Amanda Eicher
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Diederik van Bussel 7/16/13 12:05 AM
Hi Google,

I have just used the app and it works immediately. Please help him (and everyone who uses tasks) out, he gives great (all free!) service by chat!

Cheers,
Diederik

Op zondag 14 juli 2013 08:21:08 UTC+2 schreef Anurag Maherchandani het volgende:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Oliver Schmidhauser 7/16/13 1:29 AM
I wish this functionality would be built into Tasks, but for the time being, this is a fantastic way of sharing task lists. Please help the developer.
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Ferencik Ioan 7/16/13 3:37 AM
This app is simply said useful.
I fully support  developer's request although it's up to Google not to me to do something.
Thanks again.
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Matt Mc 7/16/13 10:48 AM
Please increase his quota. This functionality should already be built into Google Tasks/Calendar.

If you cannot increase his quota, at least give him a job...
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Darko Majdic 7/17/13 1:26 AM
I find it hard to believe that Google didn't make service like this by itself. Since they didn't they should be grateful someone did. I really like Google. I alway say half joking: Google is a way of life. But when I need something so simple as this service I hate to go to third parties. I want to use google tasks and share it with people. This service allows me to do it. So please start to work with it's developer.
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Alper Üzmezler 7/17/13 8:53 PM
I am very hopeful that google will hear our voices. ;)
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Darshan Sarmento 7/19/13 8:10 AM
My company recently switched to GApps and I was extremely frustrated to learn that I did not have the ability to share tasks.  This is a vital part of my job.  I was happy to find GmailSharedTasks, however, due to the limits in the app, it is not functioning as I need it to.  Please support this app!!!

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:21:08 AM UTC-4, Anurag Maherchandani wrote:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Curtis Pierce 7/19/13 10:44 AM
Our company has adopted Gmail shared tasks.  It provides a vital missing element to Google tasks.  Without it, we would have to switch away from Google tasks.  Please allow them whatever quota they need to provide this valuable service.
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Manuel Abreu 7/21/13 7:23 AM
Dear Anurag,

they don't listen to your requests as they didn't listen to their user's requests before. Why? Google could have created such a app long time ago, but they didn't, despite having enough requests. I don't know what kind of issues google has, though I can speculate. However, I feel saddened to know that you're having problem, because you created a great app which is for me a tool that I use constantly. Your tool has as, beyond working flawless, something that I greatly appreciate: you don't notice it!

No intrusive behavior no "show off", which is in today's world almost a rarity.

I hope that you can go on to be able offer this great app, which, truth to be told, should have been incorporated in gtasks from the very begin.

Phantastic job of yours!
Manuel
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Nathan Ross 7/21/13 7:55 AM
Google, SharedTaskLists is just another example of "creative genius" (for free no less) that have/will continue to help Google win the battle AND the war -- please aid this developer's need for APIs to continue the quest of those of us who, for a variety of reasons, wish to use the overall best Task Manager for Gmail -- i.e. your own, Google Tasks. Thank you!
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Amanda Lee 7/21/13 12:31 PM
I find it essential to share tasks with co-workers and a time-saver to share tasks with my spouse.

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:21:08 AM UTC-4, Anurag Maherchandani wrote:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Judith Heitz 7/24/13 7:23 PM
I am  a high school teacher and find this app incredibly valuable.  Please Google, you have given us wonderful Google Apps for Education.  Please support GmailSharedTasks...  it helps my kids and it helps  my colleagues plan our work.

Judi

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:21:08 PM UTC-7, Anurag Maherchandani wrote:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Andrei Ghecko 7/25/13 5:50 AM

Fantastic app, please help him.
keep up the good work  ...thank you
unk...@googlegroups.com 7/26/13 11:11 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Nicole Harris 7/26/13 11:13 AM
This is a great app! I use it every day, it makes my life SO much easier. Please support this!
Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Gordon Kaplan 7/27/13 9:24 PM
Keep up the good work.  You have helped many people.
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Judy Gold 7/29/13 3:57 AM
I can't believe google hadn't created a way to share lists before - I've only just started using this and it is amazing! Please help keep this functionality
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Tim Watkins 7/29/13 3:28 PM
Anurag,

Please dont drop this issue!  I have been waiting for Google to make Google Task more usable for the last 2 years!  If I could share tasks, I would be able to use them in the same way I use Google Calendar and move to a more Project or Viseo Gantt Chart Like project management.

Sooner or later, Google will see the importance of the work you are doing!

Tim

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:21:08 PM UTC-7, Anurag Maherchandani wrote:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Ulrika Wennberg 7/30/13 12:44 AM
This is a great app that fills a gap in Googles platform  - I was so happy to find it as the ability to share tasks was necessary for me in order to keep using Google Calendar and Tasks when collaborating and not have to shift to another platform for project management. I urge Google to give the developer the necessary quota, at least until the functionality has been fully integrated into Google Tasks/Calendar directly which of course would be preferable.

Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Varna Laco 7/30/13 5:11 AM
Great app, most useful!

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:21:08 AM UTC+2, Anurag Maherchandani wrote:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Uldis Zanders 7/30/13 8:24 AM
`

svētdiena, 2013. gada 14. jūlijs 09:21:08 UTC+3, Anurag Maherchandani rakstīja:
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products WayNerd1 7/31/13 12:30 PM
I love the app Anurag. I hope that Google listens!
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Michal Stefanow 8/5/13 8:05 AM
[TROLL] Don't you think that increasing your quota would create dangerous precedence? [/TROLL]

I'm with you.
Michal
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Scott Mcdermott 8/6/13 4:35 AM
Anurag Maherchandani, on 2013-07-13@23:21:08-0700:
> I have been really disappointed by Google. I have
> raised a request for increasing the quota for my
> application long back and got not at a single
> response ... There is not even a single confirmation
> that my request has been accepted or rejected. Please
> RESPECT the developers and whatever it is you should
> get back to them.

I have been watching this thread and find it ridiculous
in the extreme.  Essentially you have been
proselytizing Google, used them as a solution, staked
your time and effort on their product's appropriateness
for your application, and now have been reduced to a
beggar.

Google probably wants to deprecate Tasks in favor of
the real-time Drive API.  But they have been doing this
quite frequently of late and are waiting for the right
time to pull it.  There's no possible way they haven't
read this thread; has been *weeks* since original post.
They have a silent-running order and probably have
something like a shared Tasks waiting already, built on
Keep/Drive.  But they dishonor you by keeping you in
limbo just for their own selfish needs for secrecy.

Google just does this.  Using any of their products is
always a risk.  They have no official sunset policy and
their technology kill-offs are often strategically
based but with no word to the pool of developers on
exactly what that strategy is and what can be counted
on.  Developing for a Google platform would appear to
be similar to a Craps shoot.

I have seen examples of these kinds of policy choices
screwing developers so many times in recent history;
it's fast becoming their default mode of operation.
The bottom line is that to use Google is to do so at
your own risk.  Anything based on the free products
especially might go away any time, and support may
evaporate or never exist in the first place.  Just a
calculated risk when choosing Google for the platform.
Sad that there's little or no repercussion for screwing
developers, but that's the way it is unless you are
some huge business.  Google is a de facto monopoly in
many areas but seems to play the game as though they
aren't obliged to practice with the commensurate
responsibility that such a power needs to exercise.

Think twice before putting your eggs in the Google
basket.  It may vanish before your eyes at any moment.

Regarding your request, I suppose you are stalled now.
You should consider switching out from Tasks altogether
as the data store.  It has all the signs of imminent
death by the Page Hatchet.  After all, it doesn't lead
to use of Google Plus.  Try switching the backend to
Drive.  It means your workaround was a waste of time,
unfortunately, but those are the house rules, it would
seem.
Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products S Charlesworth 8/6/13 7:47 PM
This is a pretty sad story. Say what you will about Microsoft, at least they for the most part are decent to developers and don't pull the rug out like Google sometimes does. On the other hand, might be fun to work for Google, the minute you get bored of a project, you can shut it down clearly!

[...]

Re: Please let me know if I should Stop developing apps for Google Products Daniel 8/6/13 11:33 PM
This app is used in our company using a google apps domain. Anurag is a great developer. Help him and have his idea supported! It is very useful.

Best regards from Germany,

Daniel

Am Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013 08:21:08 UTC+2 schrieb Anurag Maherchandani:

[...]

More topics »