Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse???

Showing 1-21 of 21 messages
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Sriram Saroop (Google) 4/15/12 9:31 PM
FYI - for GPE (Google Plugin for eclipse) issues, you can discuss them in the GPE forum (google-plu...@googlegroups.com)

- Sriram

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Sriram (Google) <sar...@google.com> wrote:
Hi folks,
1) Can you check if this option exists : New->Other->Google -> App Engine connected Android project ?
2) If not, under "About Eclipse" -> "Installation Details" -> "Installed Software", check if the "Google App Engine Tools for Android" plugin has been installed.

Also, make sure that you install ADT *before* you install GPE, otherwise the "Google App Engine Tools for Android" plugin won't be installed.

Regards,
Sriram

On Sunday, 15 April 2012 06:49:17 UTC+5:30, David Scott wrote:
Did you end up solving this? I'm having the same problem

On Wednesday, 21 September 2011 21:50:47 UTC+10, Blue wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to create an "App Engine Connected Android Project" in
eclipse, but that option is missing in new project menu. (like here:
http://bradabrams.com/2011/05/google-io-session-overview-android-app-engine-a-developers-dream-combination/)
I have updated all eclipse plugins, but still nothing. (GPE v2.4, ADT
v12.0)

Please help.
Thanks,
Gregor

Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Sriram Saroop (Google) 4/15/12 10:02 PM
In case you have installed GPE before ADT and hence you are missing out the "Google App Engine Tools for Android" plugin, you can install this plugin by going to:
"Help" -> "Install New Software" -> Select the GPE update site (eg: for 3.7 eclipse : http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.7) -> Select "Google App Engine Tools for Android".

- Sriram
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Haris Hashim 7/7/12 5:27 PM

FAcing the same problem. There simply is not option project type for creating Appengine Connected Android Project.

Have reinstall and update requirement for ADT and GPE, at the end of the step, well after ADT is installed, uninstalled and reinstal back Google App Engine Tools for Android. But after restart, still not there.

This make me thinks about going back to previous version of Eclipse. So far Indigo just give me problem.

Appreciate help to troubleshoot this. Or maybe a way to manually create the Android Project manually without using wizard.

TIA
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? weston 7/8/12 2:54 AM
There is an example here:

which you can download. I'm trying now to strip out what I don't need and get back to basically a new "Appengine Connected Android Project"
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? vijay sailappan 7/8/12 3:00 AM
Hi Weston/Sriram, are you able to see the menu option 'App engine connected android project'?

Thanks.
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Haris Hashim 7/8/12 6:04 AM
Thanks for all the reply so far. To update with infotmation and what I did (without any success)

From another thread and base on my last experience. ADT need to be installed first before GPE.

So today, remove/uninstal ADT, (just the Android Developer Tool) from the list of plugin installed. And the GPE version 3.7 as well as  "Google App Engine Tools for Android". And then reinstall ADT first before proceeding with GPE and GAE  Tools for Android.

Still no luck. The only thing left is to fresh install eclipse and then ADT and only then GPE and the GAE Tools for Android.

But that is really pushing it. Might as well manually create the project. Another good reason for this is C2DM is being deprecated. So Weston suggestion might be the next thing to do.

Thanks & Regards!
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? chandanp 7/8/12 7:47 AM
Hi All,

Sorry for all the confusion, but we removed the "App engine connected android project" in the latest version of GPE (v3.0.0). So if you have updated or uninstalled and reinstalled GPE the option will not be available any more. But we plan to add it again in the next version of GPE with GCM integrations. The older "App engine connected android project" used C2DM which is not deprecated and should be using GCM instead.

In the latest GPE build, you need to create an App AppEngine backend to an existing Android project. The official docs are on the way. In the meanwhile do sign up for the endpoints trusted testers program at http://endpoints-trusted-tester.appspot.com
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Haris Hashim 7/8/12 8:11 AM
 Thanks for that clarification.

The way I read this, If the Appengine Connected Android Project Wizardry is needed. The work around is then to uninstal GPE and ADT. Then reinstall old version of ADT  and GPE (in that order). After that upgrade to  the latest version.

The question will then be which old version to start? I.e. the last version of GPE that have the wizard.

This is my conclussion because I did have it working last time. Only facing this problem when GPE is removed and then upgraded to the latest version. Very simiiar to scenario you described.

The next question is when next version of GPE going to be released. Would be useful to know.

Best Regards
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? chandanp 7/8/12 9:15 AM

On Sunday, July 8, 2012 8:11:00 AM UTC-7, Haris Hashim wrote:
 Thanks for that clarification.

The way I read this, If the Appengine Connected Android Project Wizardry is needed. The work around is then to uninstal GPE and ADT. Then reinstall old version of ADT  and GPE (in that order). After that upgrade to  the latest version.

You should not upgrade GPE to the latest version. Once you upgrade, the Appengine Connected Android Project option will be gone. If you just avoid the last step in the above steps you mentioned, then you are good to go.

The question will then be which old version to start? I.e. the last version of GPE that have the wizard.

The last version which has the wizard is 2.6.1

This is my conclussion because I did have it working last time. Only facing this problem when GPE is removed and then upgraded to the latest version. Very simiiar to scenario you described.

The next question is when next version of GPE going to be released. Would be useful to know.

We plan to release the next version end of July.
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? chandanp 7/9/12 10:29 AM
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Chris Roat 7/10/12 9:32 PM
Is there a version for 4.2/Juno?

Does it contain a similar wizard for setting up an app sync with GCM?
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Chris Roat 7/10/12 9:34 PM
Clarification: does the new plugin contain a new wizard for setting up an AppEngine+Android app sync'd with GCM?
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Sriram Saroop (Google) 7/10/12 10:17 PM
The way you would do this using the latest GPE+ADT is:
1) Sign up for https://endpoints-trusted-tester.appspot.com
2) Create an Android project
3) Right click the Android project and Click on "Google > Create App Engine Backend"

This would create an AppEngine project with the required classes for GCM (in particular DevicePing.pingAllDevices() would help you send GCM pings).

Hope that helps.

- Sriram
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? AB 7/11/12 12:43 AM
Hello Sriram,

I'm mostly interested in Cloud Endpoints and for that I've to use the other option: "Generate Cloud Endpoints..." on the App Engine project. It gives me error for that.

I've signed up for the trusted tester program but no reply yet from Google. How and when will I know that I'm granted the trusted tester badge?

Thanks much,
Raj.
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Luca de Alfaro 7/27/12 12:00 PM
Sriram,

we have already a Google Appengine project running.
We would like to create an Android App that can simply authenticate to it.
Is there some simple solution that you can point me to?
I don't want to create an app engine backend, as we already have an appengine project.  All I want is an Android App to be able to pick a Google Account, and use that to authenticate to an existing backend.
Any suggestions?

Luca
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Saumya Dubey 11/3/12 9:49 AM

Question: i tried installing gpe with the older version, now it shows the option but on selecting app engine connected android project I’m getting the following error

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in “com.google.gdt.eclipse.mobile.android” was unable to instantiate class “com.google.gdt.eclipse.mobile.android.wizards.NewAndroidCloudProjectWizard”.
com/android/io/StreamException
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Rajeev Dayal 11/5/12 8:32 AM
What version of GPE are you using? This feature will be re-released soon, but unfortunately the older wizard no longer works with the current version of the Android Development Tools.

With a current version of GPE, you can create an Android Project (using the Android Development Tools), right-click on it, navigate to the Google menu, and select 'Generate App Engine Backend'.
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Shilendra 11/6/12 12:35 AM
Hi, Saumya

some guide for you with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7SxNNC429U

Regards & Thanks
Shilendra Sharma
+919891343808
shilen...@googlemail.com
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Mac 11/11/12 7:44 PM
Hi,

I tried this link  http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/eclipse_toolreleases/products/gpe/release/2.6.1/core/3.7/com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.3.7.update.site_2.6.1.zip
for installation. I was able to install Google App Engine tool for Android and SDKs, but Google Plugin for Eclipse, 2nd and 3rd option is not working. It is showing error which says,
Missing requirement: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 2.6.1.v201205091048-rel-r37 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group 2.6.1.v201205091048-rel-r37) requires 'org.eclipse.platform.feature.group [3.7.0,3.8.0)' but it could not be found

Can anybody please help me with this?

Thanks
Mac
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? Mac 11/11/12 7:45 PM
Hi,

I tried this link  http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/eclipse_toolreleases/products/gpe/release/2.6.1/core/3.7/com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.3.7.update.site_2.6.1.zip
for installation. I was able to install Google App Engine tool for Android and SDKs, but Google Plugin for Eclipse, 2nd and 3rd option is not working. It is showing error which says,
Missing requirement: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 2.6.1.v201205091048-rel-r37 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group 2.6.1.v201205091048-rel-r37) requires 'org.eclipse.platform.feature.group [3.7.0,3.8.0)' but it could not be found

Can anybody please help me with this?

Thanks
Mac

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:35:08 AM UTC-5, Shilendra wrote:
Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse??? yoav bahat 11/12/12 7:24 AM
Hi chandanp

When the next version of GPE with GCM will be published?

I already wrote my code with the old  "App engine connected android project" that used C2DM, and I want to move to GCM.

Insted of doing migration from C2DM to GCM, I am waiting for your new plugin.

Thanks
Yoav
More topics »