Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP abhi 10/6/11 8:18 AM
I was wondering if there are any plans to add better tooling support
to generate the boilerplate interfaces/classes to build a use case
using MVP approach.
One pain point i have been hearing a lot in my discussion with
developers is the amount of boilerplate code needed to get something
going. I believe support from GPE to have a right click menu item
saying add use case, which generates a corresponding presenter
interface, implementation, a uibinder.xml file with corresponding java
class and interface will help ease some of the pain. Thoughts?
Re: Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP cri 10/6/11 3:50 PM
That functionality is available if you install GWT Designer. After
doing so, use the WindowBuilder ... create Gwt project.
Re: Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP abhi 10/7/11 9:13 AM
Really? I am not talking about creating a project?
Re: Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP cri 10/8/11 6:44 PM

In addition there is functionalityin gwt designer for creating new
view/activity/place in a single operation. Can't remember the name of
the command.
Re: Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP Thomas Lefort 4/30/12 6:01 AM
+1, I could also add generating the ui fields directly from the designer into the java code, eg @UiField Widget widget;
BTW @cri I haven't found the way to generate a new MVP, as you suggested. Would you mind detailing the way you do it again?
Thanks,
Thomas
Re: Tooling support for handling boilerplate GWT MVP Thomas Lefort 4/30/12 7:19 AM
OK found it, just do right click on a package > Google Web Toolkit > MVP View. There are quite a few others as well. I still maintain my suggestion for automatic ui field generation in the code. Would save me quite a bit of time ;-) Thanks for teh great work!