Portfolio performance graph won't load

Showing 1-35 of 35 messages
Portfolio performance graph won't load Don 2/2/12 10:51 AM
I love the performance graph that shows a daily snapshot of your
portfolio value but for the last few months it won't load at all for
me. Individual stock charts load fine but the one aggregate that I
care the most about will not. I've tried multiple browsers.

Does this work for anyone else?

Thanks,
Don
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager) 2/2/12 2:59 PM
Hello Don,

We show charts for portfolios with up to 50 stocks in them. That might
the limit you're running into.

 - Karolina
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brooks 2/12/12 5:25 AM
I have the same problem.  My portfolio only has 7 equities, but it has
several years of transactions.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load John C Gilmour 2/12/12 5:28 AM
Mine works. You might try, as a guess, deleting your browser cookies and cache.

John Gilmour
www.JcGilmour.ca
cell: 905-964-0614
phone: 905-346-3488
Computer Service, Sales & More
Special Dell P4 2.8, DDR2, SATA  XP pro, $199 no tax!

Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Hariharan Vijay 3/26/12 1:30 PM
That's not it... he's tried different browsers, and I've tried multiple computers and also clearing cookies / cache. Most times, the green box ('Loading') appears for a couple of seconds but nothing ever shows up.

From time to time, it does load... but it seems very arbitrary and temperamental.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Naz 4/11/12 1:49 AM
Yeah me too...

In fact it's not just Google, I can't get any server to load the charts including Yahoo, adn CNN finance...!
It must be a larger issue...
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load JD 5/3/12 8:55 AM
Me too! I've contacted Google about it. It's really wasted some of my time... that I use for wasting time.
JD
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Karolina (Google Finance team) 5/3/12 12:56 PM
That sounds really frustrating, I'm sorry the charts are being so temperamental.

Naz, in your case it sounds like you might have flash disabled?
JD and everyone else who's having problems: Is it just the portfolio page that's problematic, or are you seeing issues with all charts?

 - Karolina
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Bill Martin 5/4/12 7:20 AM
I have 3 portfolios.  Two work fine; the third (the biggest, with 43 stocks) never shows performance.  Nothing erratic; the two always work while the biggest one never works.  Same for Chrome, IE and Firefox.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Jack 5/12/12 11:55 AM
I have the same problem. It's just the portfolio page. All of my other charts load without a problem. I just cannot see the chart that displays my portfolio performance. The green "loading" box appears, and then nothing. I have had this problem on multiple computers and multiple browsers for months, so the problem is not with my system or browser. I have less than 50 stocks in my portfolio.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load gheap 7/29/12 7:04 AM
Any solution yet?  I have about 7 portfolios that I track.  Recently, the most actively traded one will not successfully load the performance chart.  It has less than 20 equities but lots of transactions.  The other portfolio performance charts load successfully every time.  The problem must be related to the number of transactions.  Any thoughts?
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Wil 8/9/12 6:44 PM
I have a similar experience as gheap with having an active portfolio (where the performance graph does not load) and a passive portfolio (not many trades but does load).  I hope this capability is further developed to meet consumer needs.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load James 8/16/12 6:05 PM
Same here! No graphs!

My portfolio is showing, but no graph performance :(
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Andrew Just 8/31/12 12:32 PM
mine is not working either
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon 9/12/12 1:43 PM
I'm having the same issue. Across multiple computers and multiple browsers.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Phantum 9/14/12 2:57 AM
Yes the performance graph works.  I had a similar problem a while back and tracked it down to a problem with the transactions.  I think it was because I had added a stock to watch using "edit portfolio", rather than editing transaction data.  For example adding an index, where you just want to display it on the portfolio view.  The performance did not work if I added stock without transactions.  It works if you have a simple watch list with no transactions, but not if you mix stocks with transactions and no transactions.

You could also try exporting your portfolio transactions as csv and looking at them in a spreadsheet.  I found a lot of extra transactions in mine with no stock details, because I had deleted that stock from my "edit portfolio" after the stock was no longer traded, because I did not want it cluttering up my display of stocks.  On the downloaded CSV file it shows all these transactions with no data for date, stock, price, number, etc.  The only thing that shows it is still there is the buy/sell field and the comment (which is how I figured it out)

I hope this helps.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon 9/18/12 10:56 AM
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to resolve my issue. I really think this is a computational limit due to the complexity of a portfolio (maybe a timeout issue?). My main portfolio has 23 holdings and 63 transactions dating back to 2002. The graph won't load. However, if I split the transactions into 3 separate portfolios (put the newest 20 transactions in portfolio A, middle 20 in B,  last 23 in C), then in all 3 portfolios the chart will work. Alternatively, if I take my 63 transactions and delete the newest 30, the graph will load. If I take the 63 transactions and delete the oldest 30, the chart will load. It doesn't seem to be an issue with particular stocks or transactions, simply the total amount of data being processed.

It's also worth noting that even in my large main portfolio, the chart will show up maybe once every 20 refreshes, but the vast majority of the time I get the green "loading..." followed by a blank chart area. I really wish Google would resolve this issue...
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Phantum 9/18/12 11:15 AM
Hmm, looking at my portfolio it is about 29 stocks with 307 transactions of which 173 are actually used in the net value plot and the others are transactions that are missing buy price quantity and other transaction data after I deleted them in the edit portfolio.  It still draws the performance chart although every day the last point shows a jump of a few thousand extra so it is confused about something like the lack of dates in transactions...  So I think it is more than a limit on the number of transactions for you.

When you export your portfolio and look at it in a spreadsheet do you have any incomplete transactions there?  It could be when you split or edit the portfolio it cleans it up...  Also did you try disabling the google flash player plugins in chrome:plugins and just use the adobe?

Sorry was not more help.  I have found it very difficult to get support for google products like this unfortunately there is not much you can do.  One time I managed to get some attention posting on the bug reports in the code development but I could never find where it was again...
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon 9/19/12 10:05 AM
Yes, upon exporting I have 5 incomplete transactions, but this doesn't appear to be a static number. Earlier this morning there were 22, yesterday afternoon there were 63, and yesterday night there were 43. Incomplete transactions seem to occur for any portfolio of mine, regardless of size or number of transactions. For instance --if I make a new portfolio with the lone transaction being a purchase of 1 share of AAPL one day ago, then export this transaction, I get 67 incomplete transactions followed by the real one. This appears to be a caching issue relating to how Google handles exports per user. I always (currently) have 69 rows of data (67 incomplete + 1 real + header, or 63 real+5 incomplete+header). This isn't a browser or local issue because I get the same result on my android phone. Still, it's worth noting that the performance chart works for my smaller portfolios even if there are incomplete transactions in the exports.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load RTM 11/25/12 4:49 PM
Is there a solution yet ?  I have the same problem and my portfolio is not overly complex. 6 stocks at the moment.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load 2kprog...@gmail.com 2/6/13 8:50 PM
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Will Green 2/8/13 3:55 PM
Same as above is there a solution yet? 2 weeks ago the chart disapeared, 7 mutual funds, simple.  I changed nothing it simply went away.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load tptw...@gmail.com 2/11/13 8:36 AM
Don,

My Google portfolio has been missing for 2 weeks. I can EDIT transactions and see the Google Home page but when I click on Portfolio the data that used to be there is not there. I only have 6 stocks listed so it is not a capacity problem. It is a GOOGLE problem but no one will admit to it.

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:51:36 PM UTC-6, Don wrote:
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Will Phelps 3/5/13 9:16 AM
Hi Karolina,

I'm having the same problem as all these other users. I track 2 portfolios and a watch list on computers running current versions of Flash, XP and Windows 7. One portfolio has 50-100 transactions, the other much smaller. The charts used to work, but now they all just say "Loading..." For this particular bug, I get the same behavior under IE as I do under latest version of Chrome.

I love the features of Google Finance -- especially the graph -- but have spent so many hours working around bugs that I can't help but question the value. Is there a specific schedule for this project to finish the beta cycle? Realistically, should we be looking for another solution?

--Will
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Adam Jones 3/12/13 8:42 AM
This is a Google Finance issue. I have been monitoring my portfolio with about 20 different stocks/funds since 2007 and have never had an problem until about 8 months ago when I added an additional 5 funds. It appears to me that the volume of transactions and history of my portfolio (and others with similar circumstances) cause the chart to fail after a threshold is reached.

Google, please address this problem! Or at least provide guidance as to what the reasonable capacity we can expect from the tool. I understand this is a "free" application, but if you can get a car to drive itself I'm confident you can figure out a way to make this work for us!

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:51:36 PM UTC-5, Don wrote:
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon Heyer 4/19/13 10:50 AM
I have the same issue. About 1.5yrs of transaction data and 6 MUTFs. I have another one that has 6yrs of transaction data but only 1 MUTF and that loads up after a few second delay. I tried exporting from the first. The spreadsheet had about 14 rows with type as "buy" and no symbol, name, or date.11 with 'Buy' and a date, and one with a 'Cash' name, 'Deposit Cash' and date, as well as the same without any date. None had shares/price/cash value etc.

If I delete those and uploading into a new portfolio, same problem exists.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon Heyer 5/8/13 7:14 PM
Hi All,

The problem for me was that I had "enable dividend reporting" turned on. After I turned that off the chart came right up! This was for both a full import portfolio and an portfolio I imported each stock's set of transactions.

Hope that helps.
Brandon

On Friday, April 19, 2013 1:50:51 PM UTC-4, Brandon Heyer wrote:
I have the same issue. About 1.5yrs of transaction data and 6 MUTFs. I have another one that has 6yrs of transaction data but only 1 MUTF and that loads up after a few second delay. I tried exporting from the first. The spreadsheet had about 14 rows with type as "buy" and no symbol, name, or date.11 with 'Buy' and a date, and one with a 'Cash' name, 'Deposit Cash' and date, as well as the same without any date. None had shares/price/cash value etc.

If I delete those and uploading into a new portfolio, same problem exists.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load tula sacra 5/16/13 6:58 AM
lost my portfolio graph few days ago,
turned off "enable dividend reporting" - did not help
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon Heyer 5/16/13 9:31 AM
Tula,

Try exporting your portfolio to csv, deleting any blank rows or rows that have random values in them (I had some rows that just had a price or qty and nothing else). Then delete your portfolio, create a new one and disable dividends. After that reimport with the cleaned up file. That may help.

Brandon

Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load tula sacra 5/21/13 12:44 AM
Thanks for suggestion.

However, I do not have any blank or otherwise erroneous rows in the exported csv.
Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Clark Magnuson 5/22/13 7:32 AM

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:14:32 PM UTC-7, Brandon Heyer wrote:
Hi All,

The problem for me was that I had "enable dividend reporting" turned on. After I turned that off the chart came right up! This was for both a full import portfolio and an portfolio I imported each stock's set of transactions.

Hope that helps.
Brandon

OK, I just tried that, and it does not make my errant Google Finance Portfolio Charts accurate.
AND my one portfolio that works, has dividend reporting enabled.

Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Brandon Heyer 5/24/13 9:52 PM
The only other thing I could think of is to export the CSV, and import it symbol by symbol. You may have one symbol with a bad transaction, and this may help eliminate the issue, or at least zero in on it. Obviously, let the graph try to draw after each import.

Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Clark Magnuson 5/27/13 3:39 PM
 I have been doing some experimenting as to what will make Google Finance Portfolio stop plotting

Poison ticker symbols for Google portfolio plotting:

GOOG
APPL
ATRO
AMZN
FB

OK ticker symbols to put in the portfolio and Google finance portfolio will still plot:

AMX
UNP
MSI
ATROB
VWO
GLD
MUHLX
FUSEX
XLF
FLPSX
FDIVX
PTRIX

Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load Clark Magnuson 5/30/13 10:04 AM
Google Finance Portfolio Chart is working today with these ticker symbols!!

Thank you Google!

GOOG
APPL
ATRO
AMZN

Re: Portfolio performance graph won't load hatcr...@gmail.com 11/23/14 10:27 AM
hi - also TMST is not able to be included in my portfolio.  Not price data.  Yahoo finance finds TMST just fine..............   (Timkin steel)
More topics »