Google Calendar V3 API not enforcing etags

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Google Calendar V3 API not enforcing etags LManners 4/9/12 10:50 PM
I'm able to do the following:

1. Create an event
2. Change the start/end time and update it multiple times with the
same etag.

This seems wrong. Shouldn't multiple updates with the same etag be
rejected?

I'm passing the etag as a parameter in the body of my PUT request, I'm
not specifying an If-Match header.

NOTE:
I can get the api to reject my subsequent requests by not incrementing
the 'sequence' parameter between requests, but I'd expect etags to
work.
Re: Google Calendar V3 API not enforcing etags Ray Baxter 4/10/12 12:21 AM
Is it possible you've got the If-Match: * header set?

Ray

Re: Google Calendar V3 API not enforcing etags LManners 4/15/12 11:35 PM
Thanks for the resposnse, I'm not sending any If-Match header.
Re: Google Calendar V3 API not enforcing etags Ling Wang 5/10/12 2:38 PM
I encountered the same problem usingĀ http://code.google.com/p/google-api-objectivec-client/. If Google Calendar will never verify ETag, that's fine. But if it is going to verify ETag later, I don't know how to take precaution since I don't know what error code it is going to use.