Notice: Google App Engine Conversion API to be decommissioned in November 2012

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
Notice: Google App Engine Conversion API to be decommissioned in November 2012 Christina Ilvento 8/21/12 11:16 AM
In November, 2012, we will be decommissioning the Experimental Conversion API. In the 1.7.1 release, the API will be marked as “decommissioned” in our documentation, and starting the first release after November 1, the Conversion API will no longer be supported in the App Engine SDK or runtimes.

One of the great things about App Engine is our ability to quickly release and iterate on new Experimental features. But sometimes a feature doesn’t get the developer adoption and momentum needed to justify providing it as a fully supported feature with a continued maintenance commitment. The Conversion API is one of those features.

We are committed to providing a well-maintained, fully-supported platform and we will continue to focus on providing high value features for our developers. If you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at google-app-engine-conversion-api-decommission-questions@google.com.

Thank you for your continued support of App Engine.

Regards,
Christina Ilvento, Product Manager for the App Engine Conversion API

RE: [google-appengine] Notice: Google App Engine Conversion API to be decommissioned in November 2012 Brandon Wirtz 8/25/12 10:18 AM

Crap. We had just planned to do some pretty big things with this… But it hadn’t happened because we were unable to bank on it being there forever…

How much adoption is needed to keep a feature?

Can I buy support for it?