Read timed out exception with v3 API

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Read timed out exception with v3 API Amardeep Singh 4/4/12 7:14 AM
I am frequently receiving "Read timed out" exceptions with the v3 API. Queries seem to time out if they take longer than 20seconds to execute.

I do not have this issue with the v2.4 API. Should I stick with the v2.4 API? Is there any way to increase the time out period?
Re: Read timed out exception with v3 API Nick 4/5/12 11:37 PM
We didn't change anything between versions on the service side. In fact, pretty much the exact same service serves both v2.4 and v3, we only use different rendering templates to modify the output of the response to be backwards compatible for v2.4

The other main difference is that the client libraries are quite different.

It might be that you have some default timeout set client side that you need to increase. For example I'm pretty sure this is the case if you use the Java client lib.

-Nick

On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:14:39 AM UTC-7, Amardeep Singh wrote:
I am frequently receiving "Read timed out" exceptions with the v3 API. Queries seem to time out if they take longer than 20seconds to execute.

I do not have this issue with the v2.4 API. Should I stick with the v2.4 API? Is there any way to increase the time out period?
Re: Read timed out exception with v3 API Amardeep Singh 4/6/12 9:41 AM
GA Support provided the following to increase timeout period:
http://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client/wiki/FAQ

I tried it and it works.