News+ and Extensions

Showing 1-127 of 127 messages
News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 6/12/13 5:16 PM
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader. We are trying hard to find an alternative service for gReader.
As one of the trusted partners of Feedly gReader will support Feedly Cloud Service when it starts.

There are a lot of great services beside Feedly that many of you would like to use. That's why we have decided to support them as well. I want to introduce you a new app which is called News+. News+ is developed based on gReader great functional features. It also has an Extension system so that services could be integrated into News+. The extension api will be published and the documentation will be updated soon. You can find it under Github https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus. We hope that many of you could create great Extension for News+.

Right now the app is still in Beta status. We will try to improve it with the time. There are still many bugs ;)

Usage:
You need to install News+ first to use the extensions. You can the extensions on the Dropdown in the action bar.

News+

Extensions

We are trying to publish more :)

API
For the Example extension and Google Reader extension there are 2 projects on github. With the examples you can see how to implement an extension. (for Google Reader you need to set up Client_id + Client_secret in GoogleReaderAPI.java). To use the API you need to import reader-api-r1.0.jar into the projects. Documentation will come soon.

We hope you like it.

Re: News+ and Extensions Vegard Langås 6/12/13 6:41 PM
Installed NewsPlus_v100.apk and BazquxExtension_v100.apk. I do not get up the login screen, and pressing logout just relaunches the main view. Are there any debug logs I can send you?

Running on Nexus 7 with official Android 4.2.2.
Re: News+ and Extensions Vegard Langås 6/12/13 7:19 PM
Enabeling phone UI makes it work.
Re: News+ and Extensions richre...@gmail.com 6/12/13 8:20 PM
New+ with Bazqux looks pretty sharp so far.  Keep up the good work!

Re: News+ and Extensions SteveCr48 6/12/13 8:41 PM
Looking great! I'll gladly pay to disable the ads. Please let me know how much, and I'll be first in line. Thanks for this cool app!
Re: News+ and Extensions zache...@gmail.com 6/12/13 9:55 PM
Wow, this is great and while I know you say there are many bugs the only one I have noticed is sync on startup doesn't work. Otherwise its working perfectly for me with Bazqux.

Will News+ replace GReader or will this be a separate application for those not interested in Feedly?  Either way I am happy to spend a few bucks to buy the app again to support all of the hard work I am sure you've been doing with the Google Reader shutdown.
Re: News+ and Extensions Reuben Fergusson 6/12/13 11:35 PM
Brilliant! Glad to see this happening.

Not sure if its an across the board problem but After installing the Google Reader apk for News+ and allowing it access to Google reader its crashes and wont run properly after that, Im not sure if its because I have 2 factor authentication on my Google account.
Re: News+ and Extensions Nicolas Morel 6/13/13 12:07 AM
That's nice things are moving a few weeks before the shutdown :)

I have some problems with this new app :
- Why does the main app need positioning and flashlight permissions ? Do you intend to do something with it ?
- With tt-rss (didn't test the others), I have crashes when marking everything as read, and when trying to save or restore configuration

That's all so far, do you think we should report bugs on github so it's easier for you to manage them ?

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:16:23 AM UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
Re: News+ and Extensions comacc 6/13/13 3:23 AM
congratulations on this choice, i see a smart move with great potential/flexibility!

especially like that a tt-rss plugin is already available, will try this soon, big thumbs up!

Re: News+ and Extensions nika...@gmail.com 6/13/13 3:29 AM
Thank you so much for the Bazqux support!
Re: News+ and Extensions Reuben Fergusson 6/13/13 5:22 AM
Update: It seems its now working. Just took forever to update the feeds. Ill be sticking to Greader until there is a no Ad version.

Regards,

Reuben Fergusson

--
greader.co - http://greader.co
---

Re: News+ and Extensions alexan...@gmail.com 6/13/13 6:57 AM
i have touble with TT-RSS and non latin charasters.
In preview window i have escape codes of symbols, but in full article view all ok.
This is bug come from beta of Greader.

Re: News+ and Extensions fobe...@gmail.com 6/13/13 10:46 AM
I know it's in a beta stage but with TT-RSS, read items are still not synced with the server :'(

Right now the app is still in Beta status. We will try to improve it with the time. There are still many bugs ;)

Usage:
You need to install News+ first to use the extensions. You can the extensions on the Dropdown in the action bar.

Re: News+ and Extensions davew...@gmail.com 6/13/13 2:22 PM
The app looks great and  very promising - similar to others I would pay for an ad free fully functioning version.

It is working fine for me on Android phone with Bazqux, but similar to for Sje... it is not functional on Nexus 7 tablet.

I don't know how to change it to a phone UI (or i would want to anyway), so it would be great if it can be fixed for tablet!

Thanks
Dave
Re: News+ and Extensions Vegard Langås 6/13/13 2:26 PM
Inside the app, Main screen, open the menu (top right, 3 dots) -> Settings -> Look and Feel -> Use phone UI
Re: News+ and Extensions Dave West 6/13/13 2:44 PM

Perfect, now working, cheers mate

Re: News+ and Extensions YoMamma 6/14/13 4:43 AM
Hopefully a Feedly extension will be coming soon.  I'm not wild about Feedly, but at least it's free, as opposed to BazQuz...
Re: News+ and Extensions matthe...@gmail.com 6/14/13 5:37 AM
Any chance the TT-Rss plugin will support basic auth? I(and probably others) run my TT-Rss instance behind basic auth. TT-Rss will use this auth internally as the authenticated TT-Rss user. Please consider supporting this functionality.
Enter code here...

basic authentic
Re: News+ and Extensions José-Manuel Anguita 6/14/13 6:02 AM
What a great idea!

Installed News+ v1.0 and TT-RSS extension.

Login ok, but only appears 3 feeds forlders (from 9 on server)

Lots of crash too.
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/14/13 10:44 AM
I’m liking the design tweaks, but I’m also glad News+ appears generally to be a replica of gReader. I go for a very minimal look.

I’ve installed News+ and the Google Reader extension, and replicated my settings from gReader Pro.

It’s crashed quite a few times within just a few minutes of use (Nexus 4, 4.2.2 stock).

One thing I’ve noticed that looks like a minor bug...when looking at the starred items list, the Sync button is unresponsive when tapped, and doesn’t appear to initiate a sync. It works if I long-press, and choose the “Synchronize” option. But in gReader it would work just by tapping the sync button too.

Is there any estimated time of arrival for the Feedly API update? I read somewhere yesterday that it’s in testing now with the various partners...is that right?

News+ and Extensions lo...@infidel.name 6/14/13 2:59 PM
Great app, works fine with BazQux plugin. Have crashes on "mark all as read" though. Will gladly pay for ad-free version.
Re: News+ and Extensions YoMamma 6/14/13 3:21 PM
One small complaint regarding how News+ works:   when I mark a feed as 'read', it goes on to the next feed instead of back to the list.  Am I overlooking something?   This is different than gReader, and I'd very much like for it not to do it.   :^)
Re: News+ and Extensions YoMamma 6/14/13 3:23 PM
Re: News+ and Extensions v6ak 6/15/13 5:42 AM
Is there any way to report a problem when it crashes?

(A deployment to Google Play would be also a solution...)

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:16:23 AM UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
Re: News+ and Extensions koe...@gmail.com 6/16/13 1:26 AM
@v6ak: first post, github. Then issues.
Re: News+ and Extensions v6ak 6/16/13 1:39 AM
I'd like to send some details (e.g. the exception and its stacktrace). But I have to use logcat in this case, which is sometimes very uncomfortable.

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:26:44 AM UTC+2, koe...@gmail.com wrote:
@v6ak: first post, github. Then issues.
Re: News+ and Extensions justauser 6/16/13 8:48 AM
great to see this and thanks.  2 things:

- I'd also like to see tt-rss support basic auth.  I run my server that way.
- how do I get rid of the google news stuff.  I don't use it.
Re: News+ and Extensions Mxx 6/16/13 11:15 PM
Hmm, Bazqux plugin is not working for me.
I News+ app is installed and works, however when I install Bazqux plugin, I don't see it added anywhere.

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:16:23 PM UTC-4, Noin Nion wrote:
[...]

Re: News+ and Extensions Markus Walther 6/17/13 7:14 AM
Great idea. But will it be possible for all gReader Pro users to keep the license somehow in case there is a paid version of News+?
Re: News+ and Extensions pat...@deepplaya.com 6/17/13 8:47 PM
I've seen a couple of issues:

Phone - Galaxy S4 running stock ROM
Had been working great for a few days, but today it stopped syncing. Killing the app and restarting did nothing.

Tablet - Asus TF700T running CM10.1 RC5 ROM
I was never a user of the old app, but it appears as though the UI has not been updated for the new version.
The Bazqux plugin never appears in the UI.

Should we post these issues here, or should we use the issues list on GitHub?

Thanks,
-p

Re: News+ and Extensions martyn...@gmail.com 6/18/13 2:19 AM
Could we get Alpha/Beta testing setup as described here  https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/3131213?hl=en ?
Re: News+ and Extensions dan.chr...@gmail.com 6/18/13 3:19 AM
News+ is working well for me with Bazqux.  Thanks for adding support!

Dan
Re: News+ and Extensions pm8...@gmail.com 6/18/13 5:20 AM
I'm testing News+ on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (both stock Android 4.2.2). It worked for 3 days with all 3 extensions, then it quit updating feeds. Tried reinstalling, but it made no difference. Still will not update feeds.
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/18/13 10:13 AM

Nexus 4, stock 4.2.2, Google Reader extension:

Starred items are randomly lost. Have to sync again to get them back, which is annoying if it happens on the commute with no signal.

- As mentioned before, refresh button in starred items view does not work properly

Re: News+ and Extensions Collin Peters 6/18/13 4:31 PM
I am having an issue where the mark as read functionality is not always working. In a feed if I click the check mark sometimes it doesn't work. If I long-press and click 'Mark all as read' then that sometimes work. The rest of the time I just can't mark the feed as read.

Re: News+ and Extensions Tim Ray 6/19/13 10:35 AM
Will this app be eventually published with a pro version?  I've been holding off on buying greader pro.  I'm unsure if I should wait for News+ to mature now or go ahead with buying greader pro.  I am interested in the flexibility News+ may give me if it will support multiple services but it seems very unstable now.
Re: News+ and Extensions Cynthia Woodard 6/19/13 11:46 AM
This looks pretty promising. Testing it out with Bazqux and looks good. getting the force close when marking as read. And also experiencing the problem of not being able to log in unless I switch to phone ui.

Is there a way to be notified of updates to News+?

I wish netvibes would open up an api for developers.

[...]

Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/19/13 3:35 PM
Oh yeh, and if I do "mark all as read" in the starred items list, the app crashes 100% of the time.
Re: News+ and Extensions justauser 6/20/13 12:27 PM
I am assuming News+ will be a new app in the store and will likely be free/paid like gReader.  I am a gReader Pro user and once you get the tt-rss stuff fully functioning (including basic auth, etc) I will pay for this one too.  You do great work and are very responsive to your users.  I know that greader/feedly is likely your top priority as it is the easiest and will meet the needs of a lot of folks.  I will be patient but *please* update us now and then.
Re: News+ and Extensions Steven Köberich 6/20/13 1:01 PM
Hi there,

News+ is a great idea but I buyed greader pro because it was anounced that it will support tt-rss and did I was very happy about it and loved it.

Now I have to use News+ to get the same awesome experience as known from greader but it does not work proper... when I mark a folder as read
it force closes, this is annoying, so I used greader beta and with the update to 3.3 I can't use it anymore cause of the wiped tt-rss support...

Could you please fix the bugs in news+?!

Another question I have now a licenced Version of an app that do not need will news+ use this licence later to be a pro version too? Or will we have to
pay again?

Kind regards
Steven

[...]

Re: News+ and Extensions Dan Jones 6/20/13 5:21 PM
This app is obviously not ready for prime time. You probably should have tested it a bit more before you released this version publicly. It's not beta quality, it's alpha quality.

I lost all my starred articles, because starring doesn't even work yet. That sucks.

[...]

Re: News+ and Extensions EyesX 6/21/13 6:29 AM
Ghee, some of you guys really are impatient. Let Noin put some time on this, I'm sure it will be as kick ass as gReader! Really nice to see gReader expanding.
Re: News+ and Extensions zache...@gmail.com 6/25/13 9:53 AM
I am sure most of the focus is on Greader these days but will we see an update to News+ soon?  I have been using this with Bazqux but there are still some bugs that I would love to see addressed, most notably sync on startup.
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/26/13 1:13 PM
Numerous bugs here too also using News+ and Bazqux.

- articles not being automatically saved. Even multiple attempts to save an article can fail.

- the app apparently not properly downloading articles, missing out the name of the feed in the list view. When this happens, clicking on the article crashes the app. (Screenshot attached.)

- starred articles not synching (Bazqux just launched its star feature, and it's clear that it's not working yet in News+)

Hope this gets some work soon. Feedly is horrible and doesn't even support https.

Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/26/13 3:10 PM
Oh, also - trying to do a backup from News+ causes a crash every time.
Re: News+ and Extensions luca.sa...@gmail.com 6/27/13 10:11 AM
Do you plan to release Tt-rss extension sources so that people may contribute to it?
Re: News+ and Extensions Laurent Chauvin 6/27/13 12:52 PM
Like someone else in this thread, I get the accentuated characters escaped in the preview view with tt-rss (ie é and the likes). Full article view is fine though.
Re: News+ and Extensions simon@ 6/28/13 7:53 AM
It works for me.

Click on the Google News menu on the top-left corner of the main screen (just beside the News+ logo) and you can select Bazqux.
And don't forget to enable the login from Bazqux desktop too.

I hope it helps.
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/28/13 10:16 AM
Now the app has just completely stopped working. Lost all articles, won't sync. I can see there a lots of articles in BazQux on the desk top.

I could delete all data and restart the app, and that would presumably get it working again. But then I will lose all my settings. And I can't back up my settings, because trying to back up the settings crashes the app every single time.
Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 6/29/13 7:05 AM

Here is a new beta for News+. Hope I could fix some issues. You need to uninstall all the apps and install the new beta versions again.

News+ APK: Download and install it on you Android device.

https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/raw/master/apk/NewsPlus_beta.apk

Extensions:

Example Extension: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/raw/master/apk/CnnExtension_beta.apk
Google Reader: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/raw/master/apk/GoogleReaderExtension_beta.apk
Bazqux: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/raw/master/apk/BazquxExtension_beta.apk
Tiny Tiny Rss: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/raw/master/apk/TtRssExtension_beta.apk

Re: News+ and Extensions Luca Santarelli 6/29/13 7:11 AM
Since you're posting an update: any chance to opensource the Tt-Rss
extension? (I understand you may not want to open source the main app,
but what about the extension?)
Re: News+ and Extensions luca.sa...@gmail.com 6/29/13 7:21 AM
New beta, after configuring tt-rss account info, Jellybean 4.2.2
It worked fine on a 2.3.6 device.

E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.noinnion.android.newsplus/com.noinnion.android.newsplus.ui.HomeActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2308)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2358)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:153)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1247)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5260)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:562)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.noinnion.android.newsplus.reader.provider.ReaderManager.<init>(ReaderManager.java:105)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.noinnion.android.newsplus.reader.provider.ReaderManager.newInstance(ReaderManager.java:109)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.noinnion.android.newsplus.reader.ui.fragment.TagListFragment.onCreateLoader(TagListFragment.java:440)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.LoaderManagerImpl.createLoader(LoaderManager.java:490)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.LoaderManagerImpl.createAndInstallLoader(LoaderManager.java:499)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.LoaderManagerImpl.restartLoader(LoaderManager.java:646)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.noinnion.android.newsplus.reader.ui.fragment.TagListFragment.refresh(TagListFragment.java:420)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at com.noinnion.android.newsplus.reader.ui.fragment.TagListFragment.onActivityCreated(TagListFragment.java:161)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.Fragment.performActivityCreated(Fragment.java:1468)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:931)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1088)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.run(BackStackRecord.java:682)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:1444)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity.onStart(FragmentActivity.java:551)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnStart(Instrumentation.java:1164)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.Activity.performStart(Activity.java:5114)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2271)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6260): ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager( 1636):   Force finishing activity com.noinnion.android.newsplus/.ui.HomeActivity
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 6/29/13 8:06 AM
Thanks for the update.

Nexus 4, running 4.2.2 stock.

I've yet to test the functionality of feeds etc but I've tried to back up my settings and again, I see this every time:
Re: News+ and Extensions justauser 6/29/13 10:45 AM

Thanks for the continued efforts.   I still need basic Auth support to use ttrss.  This should be easy to add as the base class supports this, right.  just add the ability to enter and them add to calls
Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 6/29/13 1:53 PM
Could u logout and login from the service?
If it does not help try to reinstall News+
Re: News+ and Extensions Dan Jones 6/29/13 1:59 PM
What issues is this release meant to fix? I haven't noticed any changes.

Dan Jones

Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 6/29/13 2:12 PM
What issues do u have?

Re: News+ and Extensions Dan Jones 6/29/13 2:34 PM
With TT-RSS, starring doesn't work. Sync read from server doesn't work.

Those are the only two I've really noticed. Those two make it unusable for me, as I need both of them, so I haven't tested out much to see if there are other issues.

It also doesn't have the "Publish" feature yet. That's not a deal-breaker for me, but it would be nice to have, as I use it extensively on the web version. If starring worked, I could work around not having publish by simply starring articles, and then publishing them later from the web.
Re: News+ and Extensions Nicolas Morel 6/29/13 2:40 PM
Mark all as read seems to behave correctly now, backup/restore of settings still crashes, which is gonna be annoying if we have to uninstall/reinstall everytime.
Re: News+ and Extensions Dan Jones 6/29/13 5:37 PM
And a new bug, I keep getting an error: "News+ has unexpectedly closed." This happens primarily when I'm using another app.

Dan Jones
Re: News+ and Extensions zache...@gmail.com 6/29/13 6:44 PM
With the new update I can confirm tablet mode now works which is awesome. The only sort of annoying bug I see is that sync on startup still doesn't work but hopefully that will get fixed in a future update.
Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 6/29/13 11:17 PM
Thanks for your reports

try the newest beta

Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 6/30/13 12:15 AM
@JustAUser
Could u pls try TTRss-Extension again, Basic Auth is added.
Also download the new version of News+
Re: News+ and Extensions Al Li 6/30/13 10:48 AM
Hi Noin Nion,

Your great effort to create replacements before Google Reader is shutdown is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would like you to shed some lights on the direction between gReader and News+:
Will both continue to exist in the future?
Which one should I choose?
What advice do you have on which one to choose?

On two separately but related issues:
1) I'd like to support your effort. If I used your app at least a couple of hours a day, do you derive more income if I purchased a license or if I used ad supported version? I'd like you to have more income.
2) I'd like to tinkle with the web and so would love to be able to use TT-RSS. Do you have plan to open the source code to TtRssExtension_beta.apk?
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 7/1/13 1:11 PM
News+ & Bazqux extension, Nexus 4, running 4.2.2

Running much better now, thanks. Starred articles seem to be syncing again.

Current issues:

- the app usually crashes when backing out of the settings

- a significant portion of feeds are being synced but not automatically saved. Sometimes repeated attempts to manually save them (using either "Save page" or "Save pages until here") will fail to get the articles to save.

- sometimes when the articles are saved, the little green arrow indicator doesn't show until the current view is changed (e.g. going to starred articles, then back to the unread articles list).
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/3/13 9:07 AM
Hi Noin,

when do you expect News+ will support starred items in TT-RSS?

Thanks.
Re: News+ and Extensions Cynthia Woodard 7/3/13 5:55 PM
Any idea why I stopped being able to sync with bazqux last night? I didn't change anything between the time it was working and then stopped. I emailed the Bazqux dev and he said nothing changed on his end.

The error message that pops up in a little toast msg when I try to sync: ERROR_AUTHENTICATION:No Login Data

i tried logging out and back in to bazqux. Tried resetting my bazqux mobile pwd. No luck.

Would appreciation any suggestions/ideas on what else to try. Thanks!

Re: News+ and Extensions zache...@gmail.com 7/3/13 5:58 PM
I've had the same issue before, just logout and then log back in.  It happens to me once a week or so.  I figure News+ is still in early beta so these sorts of bugs are expected.
Re: News+ and Extensions zache...@gmail.com 7/3/13 5:59 PM
Sorry just read you already tried logging out and then back in.  My only other suggestion is to clear data for the entire app and start over again.  Worth a shot.
Re: News+ and Extensions Laurent Chauvin 7/4/13 2:41 PM
Hi Noin

Downloaded the latest beta, I am still experiencing "escaped" character in the summary part of the articles (ie &eacute;  &nbsp;  etc.). Full article text is ok though.

L.

Re: News+ and Extensions alexan...@gmail.com 7/4/13 10:50 PM
Confirm this bug

пятница, 5 июля 2013 г., 1:41:45 UTC+4 пользователь Laurent Chauvin написал:
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 7/5/13 3:59 AM
The app seems to have stopped doing its hourly sync on my phone.
Re: News+ and Extensions franke...@gmail.com 7/5/13 8:21 PM
The sync on startup doesn't work for me.
Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 7/5/13 11:07 PM
Will investigate it. Thanks

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 5:21 AM, <franke...@gmail.com> wrote:
The sync on startup doesn't work for me.

Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/6/13 9:05 AM
OK, I discovered that News+ also does not support sync of read articles from TT-RSS... Can you please implement at least one of missing features, this or support for starred items?

Because it is now impossible to use it in sync with web access. I am using downloaded articles instead of starred for marking articles, and later starring articles in web interface manually. But when going to News+ from web interface I need to clear cache not to have articles that I already read through web interface marked as unread. But that also deletes list of downloaded articles of course...

Support for at least one of these features will make it somehow usable. Both will make it excellent because speed of actualization of web RSS services with API available still sucks.
Re: News+ and Extensions amez...@gmail.com 7/6/13 1:57 PM
I believe that syncing read articles isn't supported in the TTRSS API. See what TTRSS's dev has to say here and what gReader/News+'s dev has to say here.
Re: News+ and Extensions Luca Santarelli 7/6/13 2:10 PM
Your belief is wrong: TT-RSS API has support for syncing article status, as there are other apps which successfully do it. GReader/News+ sync performance is bad/slow/unbearable and its author states it's due to a limitation in the number of articles which can be synchronized with the TT-RSS API.

If I may, I'd rather have a bad/slow/unbearable performance in sync than having no sync at all.

In this regards, TT-RSS' author (fox) has been the most cooperative, accomodating people and changing the API to "shut (t.f.) up complainers".
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/6/13 2:19 PM
Without looking to the TT-RSS API there is obviously at least one way to do it. If you can synchronize unread articles (which you can), one way is to mark all articles already in News+ and not found in list of currently unread articles as read.
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/6/13 2:25 PM
What are other good Android apps supporting TT-RSS? I tried some but they were all horrible in ergonomics of use.
Re: News+ and Extensions amez...@gmail.com 7/6/13 2:57 PM
Looks like you're right and I'm wrong. I just checked newsbeuter, and it does sync read items after they've already been downloaded once.
Re: News+ and Extensions matthe...@gmail.com 7/7/13 12:22 PM
The official TT-RSS app isn't bad at all. Easy to use and very fast. It also happens to be open source if anyone wanted to see how read/stared sync was implemented.
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/7/13 1:59 PM
Well if you want to read many articles quickly it is far far behind.

For example because of smaller number of articles showed (5 vs 8 on S III with usable settings), no scrolling with HW buttons in articles' list, no way to disable image loading, network traffic everytime article is marked read, missing option to manually mark articles from top of list until current position as read, missing swipe actions (I am using them for example to star articles), worse visual ergonomics...
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/7/13 2:03 PM
And I forgot missing totally black theme efficient for OLED displays... :)
Re: News+ and Extensions amez...@gmail.com 7/7/13 9:32 PM
I bought it awhile ago to support the developer, but I just gave it another shot at your recommendation and quite like it. Thanks!

Honestly, though, I wouldn't mind if gReader/News+ never supported TTRSS. I bought the gReader app for Google Reader sync, and I already got more than my money's worth of use out of it. If the bugs eventually get ironed out with TTRSS, I would gladly re-buy the News+ app for TTRSS sync. If not, thanks for a great app, and good luck moving forward with Feedly.

Re: News+ and Extensions Cynthia Woodard 7/8/13 6:42 PM
still getting this error message very often on both tablet and phone. have to clear app data in order to get it working again.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 8:55:26 PM UTC-4, Cynthia Woodard wrote:
Re: News+ and Extensions ameer12...@gmail.com 7/9/13 4:40 AM
Hi, could you please add tt-rss lazy server update? It is very simple to implement. Just need to call
/backend.php?op=globalUpdateFeeds&daemon=1

upon clicking refresh button or upon automatic update.
News+ and Extensions Cynthia Woodard 7/9/13 6:47 AM
Loving the clear cache/remove duplicates option. Would love to see a way to make that happen automatically upon sync.
News+ and Extensions Nick Bauer 7/9/13 9:27 AM
This isn't important but I actually really like that there are no blue dots to indicate read/unread in the Google News view and that it just uses bold text to indicate unread... could that be implemented as an option for the extension-based feeds as well?
Re: News+ and Extensions Cynthia Woodard 7/9/13 1:36 PM
log file containing a crash
Re: News+ and Extensions mdfo...@gmail.com 7/9/13 1:38 PM
Has anybody been able to subscribe to a new feed using News+ and Bazqux?

gReader Pro would normally find feeds on a site, even from the main domain name alone. News+ can’t seem to find feeds even with the exact feed address. I only seem to be able to add feeds from the desktop Bazqux interface.

Re: News+ and Extensions Laurent Chauvin 7/9/13 11:47 PM
Hello, on top of the non parsed html characters in the rich list view of the feeds, I have been experiencing another bug related to the non display of article during the refresh of the feeds (ie the article zone remains blank). Would be good to see both items fixed...! Thanks in advance for taking this into account.
Apart from that, fantastic job, no equivalent to date !
Cheers,

Re: News+ and Extensions Tim S. 7/10/13 4:30 AM
Great to see this app being developped!

As Google Reader is not available anymore, but you had already published a working extension for its API, would you consider re-releasing it with support for FeedHQ?

According to https://feedhq.org/blog/3-supporting-google-reader-api , they support the Google Reader API completely, all that's needed is to change the URL from google to feedhq.

Can this be done with reasonable effort?

Also, did you consider to release the beta of News+ to the Play Store and to use the official way to distribute new beta versions?

Regards
Tim
Re: News+ and Extensions Cynthia Woodard 7/10/13 7:53 AM
another thing I am seeing sometimes, and not sure why, is a difference in the number of unread articles if I look at bazqux on the web on my desktop versus syncing with News+ on tablet/phone.  counts are WAY off. right now for example, my android news category shows 56 unread items on bazqux web site. In News+ after sync... 20.
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/13/13 1:32 AM
Noin newer versions of News+ and TT-RSS extensions are worse and worse. One of the first versions crashes only sometimes (I guess because of some specific item), but newest version most of the time doesnt synchronize anything from server. (Tested against stable TT-RSS 1.8 and trhunk version.)
Re: News+ and Extensions Noin Nion 7/13/13 4:25 AM
v0.0.5beta published
https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/tree/master/apk

[...]

Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/13/13 2:02 PM
Thanks, I will test it right away.

Hoping to see 2-way synchronization and synchronization of starred items :)
Re: News+ and Extensions Patrik Horník 7/13/13 2:20 PM
I almost guessed... Great work so far... :)

1, So far it synchronizing items OK, it synchronized all of them on the first try.

2, When I star / unstart item, star status gets synched in TT-RSS. Great! Thanks.

3, Small bug, it is showing all synchronized unread items (I cleared cache before synchronizing) in Starred folder. When I open the folder or see articles in theirs folders / feeds, articles are correctly not shown as starred.

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:25:25 PM UTC+2, Noin Nion wrote:
Re: News+ and Extensions Al Li 7/13/13 11:57 PM
Hi Noin Nion,

Can you share the plan for News+ and gReader?
Will you now have two products? Or just one of them in the long run?

Best Regards,
Alfred Lee