Fall cleaning in Fusion Tables: Comments may go away. Will you miss them?

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Fall cleaning in Fusion Tables: Comments may go away. Will you miss them? Rebecca Shapley 10/21/11 3:59 PM

Hi Fusion Tables folks!

We're considering turning off the feature that currently supports leaving a comment for any row, column or cell of Fusion Tables. All comments on a table are available in the Discussions panel, found in the View menu. That would go away, too.

We've learned a lot from how this feature works, and have a list of ways we'd make it better when we do it over again. But in our experience, the current commenting feature seems to be confusing, and invite spammy comments on public tables.

Will you miss comments?  Tell us!  We could be overlooking a great use case out there!  If you've been using the current comment system for some cool and successful collaboration, please go to the user forum or click Contact Us in the help center and tell us about it!

-Rebecca for the Fusion Tables team

Rebecca Shapley  | Fusion Tables | Structured Data Group | Google Research