"Views" branch is now rebased/merged into master -- what you need to know

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
"Views" branch is now rebased/merged into master -- what you need to know Jeremy Miller 5/4/12 1:34 PM
You asked for this, or at least you didn't say "no, Jeremy, no!"

Salient facts:
* I'm not yet confident in this code, but putting it here makes it much easier for me to get it integrated into our Firefly app at work where it will get a full set of testing
* I've shifted the integration testing in favor of using Kayak hosted mini-applications to test very specific features.  That obviously doesn't help for anything that touches ASP.Net (boo hiss), but it's been the bomb for things like conneg and the new view engine changes.
* The FubuRegistry.Output hive is completely gone.  I'll need to provide some guidance on how to do this differently
* FubuRegistry.Views.TryToAttachViewsInPackages is gone, baby, gone
* I've taken a lot of baby steps towards the new diagnostic scheme I want before we go 1.0.  I'm going to suck Josh into that effort soon and start writing about it.
* The "profile" views are in master
* NavigationGraph/NavigationService is in.  This is the composable navigation idea ala BehaviorGraph that we've kicked around for seemingly years.  I'm going to be dogfooding that this weekend.
* WebForms is knocked out for now
* I pulled the Projections stuff and everything to do with HATEOAS that used to be under Resources.Media into a new project called FubuMVC.Media.  I'll be making a new nuget and CI build for that shortly

Yet to do:
* The build is broken because of a missing Castle.Core reference. Me to fix.
* We've got NavigationGraph, but I need NavigationRegistry for an easy way to configure these puppies
* Figure out a way to deal with things that have to run in ASP.Net (boo hiss) for integration testing
* There's a wee too much duplication between the Spark and Razor engines that I'd like to beat, but not before we get much more integration testing in place
* WebForms is completely broken.  I'm not going to make this a very high priority, but it'll be fixed before the next set of nugets come out
* I'm very tempted to kill FubuRegistry.Media for that matter.  I'm working up a concept for easier creation of little chain conventions that would do what Media does and might be simpler.

Jeremy D. Miller
The Shade Tree Developer
jeremy...@yahoo.com

Re: "Views" branch is now rebased/merged into master -- what you need to know E.Z. Hart 5/5/12 3:13 PM
* FubuRegistry.Views.TryToAttachViewsInPackages is gone, baby, gone

Will this just happen automagically now, or is there something different we have to do in order to get packaged views attached?

Re: [fubumvc] Re: "Views" branch is now rebased/merged into master -- what you need to know Jeremy Miller 5/5/12 4:40 PM
Automagically.  The package by package view attachment policies, if any, would get to go first.  If you only define them in the master application FubuRegistry, they'll just work all the way through.

Had a twitter conversation about this very kind of thing today with Corey.  I feel like it's going to be relatively easy to add a new diagnostic page to better explain how the view attachment stuff is working with the architectural changes that happened in the views branch.

Jeremy D. Miller
The Shade Tree Developer
jeremy...@yahoo.com