Venue Detail endpoint has "Requires acting user" as "no", how come I can't use just my client_id and client_secret?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Venue Detail endpoint has "Requires acting user" as "no", how come I can't use just my client_id and client_secret? chauzer 11/11/11 1:42 PM
When I make this request (endpoint - https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/venues/venues.html):

I get this response:

{"meta":{"code":400,"errorType":"invalid_auth","errorDetail":"Missing access credentials. See https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/oauth.html for details."},"response":{}}

The documentation says that endpoint doesn't require an acting user, and from here: https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/oauth.html#userless it says that for userless endpoints i can just use client_id and client_secret.

Are userless requests not allowed for the venue detail endpoint? The reason I want to make a userless request is because it allows more requests (We allow 5,000 requests per hour to the venues/* endpoints when making userless requests. For more details, see the venues API.).

Thanks