Tallying real-time checkins to hundreds of similar venues (under same corporation)

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Tallying real-time checkins to hundreds of similar venues (under same corporation) Andy Milk 11/15/11 9:28 AM
I'm building a simple app for a client that we'd like to use the Real-Time API for.

My question is:

There could be dozens or hundreds of individual venues.  They are part of a large chain of venues.

How do I go about getting the real-time checkins for all of these venues?  If I know the FourSquare Venue ID for all of them, is there a way I can subscribe to all of them?

Thanks,
Andy
Re: Tallying real-time checkins to hundreds of similar venues (under same corporation) Akshay Patil 11/15/11 4:59 PM
Hi Andy,

You'll need to have the venue managers authorize your app, then use the venue push API: dev.foursquare.com/docs/realtime.html

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi

Re: Tallying real-time checkins to hundreds of similar venues (under same corporation) Andy Milk 11/16/11 6:17 AM
Thanks Akshay

Is there an upper limit to how many venues can authorize the app?

What if not all of the venues have managers?  Can we claim the venues
(since they're part of the corporation)?

Thanks,
Andy

On Nov 15, 7:59 pm, Akshay Patil <a...@foursquare.com> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> You'll need to have the venue managers authorize your app, then use the
> venue push API: dev.foursquare.com/docs/realtime.html
>
> ~ak
> --
> Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
> @akdotcom / @foursquareapi

Re: Tallying real-time checkins to hundreds of similar venues (under same corporation) Akshay Patil 11/16/11 2:32 PM
There is not limit on number of venues managed associated with an app.

If the venues don't have a manager, then should reach out to their owners to claim them. The foursquare claim flow has different flows for managers of < 5 venues vs. managers of many venues.

~ak