FitbitAPIClientService - Unable to retrieve sleep data

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
FitbitAPIClientService - Unable to retrieve sleep data Ruku 2/13/12 12:27 PM
Hi,
I am using the Fitbit Java client (fitbit4j-1.0.18) to interact with
the Fitbit API and display data in our application, and have run into
a slight problem trying to access sleep data.

FitbitAPIClientService#getCollectionForDate() returns null when called
for APICollectionType.sleep.
The Fitbit dashboard shows about 460 minutes of sleep in the
dashboard.

A getTimeSeries call made for the same user and IntraDay timeperiod
does return the expected value. We are currently using this as a
workaround. Our requirement is to get sleep minutes for the current
day (i.e., for the sleep period ending today).

Is this a known issue in the Java client, or what is the recommended
way to get the current day's sleep data?

Thanks!
Re: FitbitAPIClientService - Unable to retrieve sleep data Pavel Risenberg 2/14/12 2:41 AM
Hi Ruku,

Good catch! We are filing this issue to implement the fix in the next version of the Fitbit4J client that we will announce here as soon as it is available.

– Pavel
Re: FitbitAPIClientService - Unable to retrieve sleep data Ruku 5/2/12 5:31 AM
Can you confirm whether this is resolved in version 1.0.22, which appears to be the latest stable version of the Fitbit4j client?

Re: FitbitAPIClientService - Unable to retrieve sleep data Pavel Risenberg 5/4/12 12:59 AM
Hi Ruku,

This is fixed and queued for the next 1.0.23 release, which we anticipate to have in May.

– Pavel