Firebug not showing CSS files

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Firebug not showing CSS files Julie 9/24/12 7:05 AM
I have a problem with firebug not showing which css files are being used. I have attached a screen shot and circled in red where I would normally expect to find the name of the css file being used and now it is just showing the URL link to the page that I am inspecting.
Is there a setting that need to be changed to get this back
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Sebastian Zartner 9/24/12 2:32 PM
When you see the script name as source of the CSS, then it means that the rule is defined inside of it inside a <style> tag. So it's an internal stylesheet and not an external CSS file. The number behind it (in this case 17) means that it's the nth internal stylesheet (i.e. the nth <style> tag) inside the page.

Sebastian
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Julie 9/26/12 10:53 PM
Sorry I am not sure I understand your answer.
Until this week when using Firebug I would always see then name of the external style sheet that contained the rules relating to the element that I was inspecting.
Now I am only seeing a URL so if I want to change the css rules it is very dificult as I don't know which style sheet they are in??
What is an internal style sheet?
I am using Drupal which utilises Themes which are placed in the file system and contain css files, which I am able to edit if I know which one is being used.
So I still not sure how to work this out.

Julie
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Sebastian Zartner 9/27/12 12:49 AM
Until this week when using Firebug I would always see then name of the external style sheet that contained the rules relating to the element that I was inspecting.
Firebug didn't update this week, so it's probably a change in your website or another extension, which is causing this.

What is an internal style sheet?
I am using Drupal which utilises Themes which are placed in the file system and contain css files, which I am able to edit if I know which one is being used.
So I still not sure how to work this out.
Could you provide a URL and the steps you do to reproduce the problem?

Sebastian
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Julie 9/28/12 12:21 AM

This first screen shot shows Firebug as it was working for me, I got this screen shot from https://getfirebug.com/css, you see it show the css file global.css. This second screen shot shows what I am seeing now (FB-not-working.png) I can only see the URL of the site and not the specific css file. The URL for this site is http://www.speech-therapy.org.uk/. I am just pressing F12 to get Firebug up and then you can see the rest from the screenshot. Thank you for looking into this for me.
Julie
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Sebastian Zartner 9/28/12 4:48 AM
This first screen shot shows Firebug as it was working for me, I got this screen shot from https://getfirebug.com/css, you see it show the css file global.css. This second screen shot shows what I am seeing now (FB-not-working.png) I can only see the URL of the site and not the specific css file. The URL for this site is http://www.speech-therapy.org.uk/. I am just pressing F12 to get Firebug up and then you can see the rest from the screenshot. Thank you for looking into this for me.

Hmm, I can't reproduce that using FF 15.0.1 + FB 1.10.3 on Win7.

My steps:

    Opened Firebug at http://www.speech-therapy.org.uk/
    Switched to the HTML panel and there to the Style side panel

The result is shown below.

Do you have different steps?
If not, I assume your problem is caused by another extension or a specific setting. In this case you should follow the steps on our "first aid" page  to find the culprit.

Sebastian

Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Julie 9/28/12 8:21 PM
Hi
I use the same steps as you. Where do I find the First Aid page.

Thanks
Julie
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Julie 10/2/12 12:30 PM
I am still unable to see the css files that I need to edit. Firebug is showing all my css as embded when previously is showed the file names that contained the css. I am not sure how to resolve this???

On Monday, September 24, 2012 3:05:54 PM UTC+1, Julie wrote:
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Sebastian Zartner 10/3/12 2:16 AM
Hi Julie,

sorry for not writing earlier. The first aid page is here:

https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/I_found_a_Firebug_Bug!

Just forgot to link to it earlier.

Sebastian
Re: Firebug not showing CSS files Sebastian Zartner 10/13/12 8:45 AM
Hi again Julie,

in another thread a guy had the same problem as you and I guess he's also using Drupal. He said in the settings is an option called "Allow Composite Files", which you have to turn off.
Hope that helps.

Sebastian