Firebug 2.0.1

Showing 1-20 of 20 messages
Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 6/20/14 10:40 PM
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Karol Čejka 6/24/14 5:30 AM
Hi Honza.

i use firebug long time, and i love it.
But after this release  i have big problem with firebug.
In tab scripts, it is combo with all active loaded JS files, but in this version i see only 50% of this files, and file what i need to see and debug, is not available.

In previous version it works well.

UpToDate Firefox 30.0 with Firebug 2.0.1

Thanks for your interest.

Karol

Dne sobota, 21. června 2014 7:40:28 UTC+2 Jan Honza Odvarko napsal(a):
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 6/24/14 5:43 AM
Hi Karol,

> but in this version i see only 50% of this files, and file what i need to see and debug, is not available.
Do you have any other extensions installed?
Does it help if you install Firebug in a new fresh Firefox profile?
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

If none above helps, could I load your page on my machine to see the problem?
Is the page available online?

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 hyun woo son lee 6/24/14 7:41 AM
Hi

I was using firebug also for everything to develop in dojo,  but with this new version in firefox 30 firebug 2.0.1, in scripts tab, only lists 4 js with the name of eval- dont load any js or library, i cant debug dojo
nor my application. In firefox 30 tried to install 1.12 firebug yet didnt work. So to make it work instaled firefox 29 with firebug 1.12.8 and worked !

Maybe its the firefox that prevents loading the js?

El sábado, 21 de junio de 2014 00:40:28 UTC-5, Jan Honza Odvarko escribió:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 6/24/14 8:28 AM

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:41:33 PM UTC+2, hyun woo son lee wrote:
Hi

I was using firebug also for everything to develop in dojo,  but with this new version in firefox 30 firebug 2.0.1, in scripts tab, only lists 4 js with the name of eval- dont load any js or library, i cant debug dojo
nor my application. In firefox 30 tried to install 1.12 firebug yet didnt work. So to make it work instaled firefox 29 with firebug 1.12.8 and worked !

Maybe its the firefox that prevents loading the js?

Could you please provide a simple test case I could analyze a bit on my machine?

The best would be reporting a new issue in our issue list and attach the test to it.
https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list

Honza

Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Juan Vaca 6/25/14 10:14 AM
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 fetis 6/25/14 2:51 PM
The worst update ever. Breakpoints don't wok, debugger can freeze with no chance to reload or whatever.

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:40:28 AM UTC+4, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Carlos Santana 6/26/14 6:55 AM
Can't confirm this.

After some initial problem, when it did not work at all, I am now back to normal working.

And I use FB several hours a day for JS and CSS work.

(WINDOWS 7/FF 30/FB 2.1)

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 23:51:06 UTC+2 schrieb fetis:
Re: [firebug] Re: Firebug 2.0.1 fetis 6/26/14 7:05 AM
Hello Carlos,

How did you fix this? I mean don't working breakpoints.
I had to move on WebKit due to this :(
--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:fet...@gmail.com

Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Vito Meuli 6/30/14 8:58 AM
Same problems for me:
* only a bunch of sources are visible in the debugger (they shoud be 411!!!)
* no way to debug a dojo application

The internal Firefox debugger has the same problems.

The problem arised when Firefox updated to 30 and I updated Firebug to 2.0.1.
Same problems starting from a fresh profile.

Maybe something in code validation changed in Firefox 30 or in Firebug 2.0.1?
I gues it's our dojo apps that have problems...

I'll go back to FF 29 (it's a pain...it keeps updating even when I stopped it from updating).

My two cents
Vito

Il giorno sabato 21 giugno 2014 07:40:28 UTC+2, Jan Honza Odvarko ha scritto:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 B Tuugii 7/2/14 12:34 AM
No offence. But Firebug 2.0.1 is the biggest  bullshit.
      1. Breakpoints are like "release points". Breakpoints don't work what it supposed to do. It just let go.
      2. Luckily if i get to debug the code step by step, it refreshes main page and some shit happens.
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 7/2/14 1:10 AM

On Monday, June 30, 2014 5:58:41 PM UTC+2, Vito Meuli wrote:
Same problems for me:
* only a bunch of sources are visible in the debugger (they shoud be 411!!!)
Can you try test build attached here:
https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7521#c13

It contains a patch that should fix the problem.
Does it help?

Honza

* no way to debug a dojo application

The internal Firefox debugger has the same problems.

The problem arised when Firefox updated to 30 and I updated Firebug to 2.0.1.
Same problems starting from a fresh profile.

Maybe something in code validation changed in Firefox 30 or in Firebug 2.0.1?
I gues it's our dojo apps that have problems...

I'll go back to FF 29 (it's a pain...it keeps updating even when I stopped it from updating).

My two cents
Vito

Il giorno sabato 21 giugno 2014 07:40:28 UTC+2, Jan Honza Odvarko ha scritto:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Siva Gopal 7/3/14 8:55 AM
I am using Firebug from the last two  years, but this version I don't have a clue about the behaviour of Firebug. I can simply say nothing is working in this version.

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:10:28 AM UTC+5:30, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 7/3/14 9:07 AM
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:55:09 PM UTC+2, Siva Gopal wrote:
I am using Firebug from the last two  years, but this version I don't have a clue about the behaviour of Firebug. I can simply say nothing is working in this version.
This is not helpful message. We need specific reports and a test cases we can use to see a problem. Then we can move ahead and fix it!

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 DjBoo 7/9/14 11:31 PM
Hi,

Seems like Firebug 2.0/2.0.1 prevents Gmail Notifier extension to initiate. Any idea how to fix this?
https://github.com/inbasic/ignotifier/issues/210
https://github.com/inbasic/ignotifier/issues/213

Is there any open report related to addon SDK initiation?

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:10:28 AM UTC+4:30, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 7/10/14 2:37 AM
Could you try Firebug 2.0.2 beta 1 attached here:
https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7301#c40

Does it fix the issue?

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 John Banks 7/10/14 5:03 AM
Hi Honza,

I'm going have to agree that the changes to Firebug really aren't an improvement.

Issues:
1. Watch names are now being split down the middle with '...' For any kind of real time development this is not good. Even when you use copy name, you still don't get the real name of the watch.
2. While paused in script we used to be able to use the select HTML arrow and select an html item on the page. Not any more.
3. I have experienced multiple problems with ghost breakpoints. They are obviously being cached somehow even if they are deleted. I believe this may be reproducible by loading the browser with a vaild script
and setting a breakpoint. Then edit that script so that is actually invalid javascript and reload the page.

I have always said Firebug is the best JS development environment but these changes are truly effecting my ability to get work done. Hope we can some of these resolved quickly.

Thanks,
John

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:40:28 AM UTC-4, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Sebastian Zartner 7/10/14 5:59 AM
Hi John,

thanks for the detailed feedback.

1. Watch names are now being split down the middle with '...' For any kind of real time development this is not good.
The reason behind this was to avoid horizontal scrolling as far as possible. OTOH DOM property names are not cropped, so this should probably be changed. Can you please create an issue for that with a small test case?

Even when you use copy name, you still don't get the real name of the watch.
Obviously a bug. Please create an issue for that.

2. While paused in script we used to be able to use the select HTML arrow and select an html item on the page. Not any more.
This is due to the new debugging API we use now. For more info follow issue 7348.

3. I have experienced multiple problems with ghost breakpoints. They are obviously being cached somehow even if they are deleted. I believe this may be reproducible by loading the browser with a vaild script
and setting a breakpoint. Then edit that script so that is actually invalid javascript and reload the page.
This was already reported several times. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this problem yet. So if you can provide a simple reproducible test case, then please post it in issue 7301.

Sebastian

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:40:28 AM UTC-4, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/21/firebug-2-0-1/

Honza
Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Marcello Pietrobon 7/10/14 8:33 AM

2. While paused in script we used to be able to use the select HTML arrow and select an html item on the page. Not any more.
This is due to the new debugging API we use now. For more info follow issue 7348.

Will issue 7348 ever be fixed?

Re: Firebug 2.0.1 Jan Honza Odvarko 7/11/14 4:35 AM
It's a platform (Firefox) bug, Firebug can't fix it.
(you might want to use Firebug 1.12.8 as a workaround)

Honza