Firebug 2 beta 2

Showing 1-16 of 16 messages
Firebug 2 beta 2 Jan Honza Odvarko 4/17/14 6:14 AM
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 jd0...@gmail.com 4/17/14 6:52 AM
Apologies if this has been addresses elsewhere ... Running firefox nightly 31.0a1 and firebug 2.0b2.  My HTML panel shows CSS.  CSS panel just shows "selectors" tab. I cant seem to get the HTML panel to work at all. Is this an issue w/firebug or the nightly ff?

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:14:08 AM UTC-4, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
unk...@googlegroups.com 4/17/14 6:58 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 Jan Honza Odvarko 4/17/14 7:01 AM
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:52:26 PM UTC+2, jd0...@gmail.com wrote:
Apologies if this has been addresses elsewhere ... Running firefox nightly 31.0a1 and firebug 2.0b2.  My HTML panel shows CSS.  CSS panel just shows "selectors" tab. I cant seem to get the HTML panel to work at all. Is this an issue w/firebug or the nightly ff?
I can't reproduce the problem on my machine

Do you have any other extensions installed?
Can you disable them?

Or can you try to run Firebug in a clean profile?
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

Or can you provide detailed instructions (what page to load, what to do with Firebug, etc.)
of how to reproduce the problem?

Honza

Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 jd0...@gmail.com 4/17/14 7:32 AM
This is a clean (firefox nightly portable) installed yesterday. only firebug and firephp extensions are installed.  I noticed the problem this morning and a) updated to the new firebug from this morning, b) updated nightly ... same thing. any website.
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 jd0...@gmail.com 4/17/14 7:34 AM
Ok it was the divider. For some reason it started all the way over to the left. I just kept trying to pull it over and it finally worked.
So ... not sure why it defaulted like that. But it works now so thanks!
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 Jan Honza Odvarko 4/17/14 7:38 AM
ok, good.

Let us know if the problem would reappear.

Honza
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 LisaN...@gmail.com 4/20/14 9:21 PM
In the HTML "edit" view it would sure be nice to have a soft line wrap. Very hard to work with some code without it.

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:14:08 AM UTC-4, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 Simon Lindholm 4/21/14 1:49 PM
Thanks for the note - fixed in https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7376.

Simon

Den måndagen den 21:e april 2014 kl. 06:21:20 UTC+2 skrev LisaN...@gmail.com:
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 thany 4/23/14 6:14 AM
Aren't there already a billion dropdowns in Firebug? One more won't make it any easier.

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:14:08 PM UTC+2, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 Jan Honza Odvarko 4/23/14 6:29 AM
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:14:36 PM UTC+2, thany wrote:
Aren't there already a billion dropdowns in Firebug? One more won't make it any easier.
Sorry, what do you mean by "a billion dropdowns"?

Honza

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:14:08 PM UTC+2, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 thany 4/25/14 2:08 AM
Firebug has lots of dropdowns absolutely everywhere. I'm already always clicking the wrong one every time.

On the script tab, there are 5 and there don't need to be 5.

- The Firebug button is a dropdown

- The Script tab itself has a dropdown

- There's a filter button that says "all"

- There's a file dropdown

- There's a panels dropdown.

(and that's only looking at the left pane...)

The panels dropdown and the dropdown on the tab itself are superfluous. Can be integrated.

The filter dropdown and the file dropdown can be integrated into one.

The Firebug button dropdown oughta be a preferences dialog by now. It's getting too full for a dropdown-menu.

Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 thany 4/25/14 2:10 AM
"A billion dropdowns" it just feels that way. Because there are arrows absolutely everwhere. Some of them are dropdowns, others are not. Needs revamping, iyam.
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 Jan Honza Odvarko 4/25/14 2:12 AM
Please create an issue report for it here:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list

... and we can discuss how to improve the UX under the report.

Honza

On Friday, April 25, 2014 11:08:23 AM UTC+2, thany wrote:
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 thany 4/25/14 2:27 AM
Re: Firebug 2 beta 2 Jan Honza Odvarko 4/25/14 2:29 AM
Great thanks!

Honza