Firebug - Copy CSS path to command line

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Firebug - Copy CSS path to command line Suhas Dwarkanath 11/12/13 10:00 PM

I am trying to modify the firebug plugin for Firefox. What i am trying to achieve is when the user Inspects an element -> clicks 'Copy CSS path', the CSS path should be pasted on the command line of the firebug.

I am able to alert the CSS path from within the firebug. Is there any possible ways to paste the same on the command line? Screenshot has been attached for reference. Thank you for your time.

Re: Firebug - Copy CSS path to command line Sebastian Zartner 11/12/13 11:05 PM
For reference, this question first came up on stackoverflow.

So Suhas, what you need is something like this:

var panel = Firebug.chrome.getSelectedPanel();

var hasConsole = !!context.getPanel("console", true);
if (!hasConsole)
    Firebug.chrome.selectPanel("console");
else if (panel && panel.name != "console" && !CommandLine.Popup.isVisible())
    CommandLine.Popup.toggle(context);

var commandLine = CommandLine.getCommandLine(context);
commandLine.value += Css.getElementCSSPath(elt);

And you need to include the Firebug, the CommandLine and the Css module for this.

My question is still, for what do you want to have this?

Sebastian