Welcome to folly!

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Welcome to folly! Tudor Bosman 6/7/12 2:56 PM
Hi all,

Welcome to the facebook-folly group, dedicated to discussions, announcements, updates etc. about folly, the Facebook Open source LibrarY.

Folly is published on Github at https://github.com/facebook/folly.

Folly (acronymed loosely after Facebook Open Source Library) is a library of C++11 components designed with practicality and efficiency in mind. It complements (as opposed to competing against) offerings such as Boost and of course std. In fact, we embark on defining our own component only when something we need is either not available, or does not meet the needed performance profile.

Performance concerns permeate much of Folly, sometimes leading to designs that are more idiosyncratic than they would otherwise be (see e.g. PackedSyncPtr.h, SmallLocks.h). Good performance at large scale is a unifying theme in all of Folly.

Most folly contributors from Facebook are subscribed to this group and will be able to answer your questions.

Have fun!

-Tudor.

Re: Welcome to folly! Miłosz Gawron 8/21/12 1:03 AM
Hi,

I would like to thank all the folly contributors for this library, it is the best experience for me to see how the work of the best engineers from industry looks like. Atomic containers you provide with this library,
all opensourced on apache license is pioneer and something I would never get (for free :D). I hope this library will give me a lot of engineering fun :)

take care
Miłosz
Re: [folly] Re: Welcome to folly! Tudor Bosman 8/21/12 7:24 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you find it useful.

-Tudor.

Miłosz