sequence help needed

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
sequence help needed lupinskip 4/22/12 10:22 AM
Dear Expert,

Can you help me to create sequence table that will allow me keep my table in certain sequence, see attachment.

Thanks

Pawel
Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ sequence help needed Maries 4/22/12 9:32 PM
PFA.

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ sequence help needed Haseeb A 4/23/12 8:59 AM
Hello Maries, a good one :) unfortunately, I don't think this works.

If you enter 10 & 11 in V10 & V11 respectively, you can see what I mean. (>1 cell manually entered consecutively)

Hello Pawel,

One way is use an Array formula.

In B6 enter your starting number, then in B7 with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, rather than just ENTER.

=MIN(IF(ISNA(MATCH((ROW(B$5:B6)-ROW(B$5))+1,B$6:B6,0)),(ROW(B$5:B6)-ROW(B$5))+1))

Then drag down.

See the attached.

Regards,
Haseeb
Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ sequence help needed lupinskip 4/23/12 12:32 PM
Haseeb / Maries

thank you very much I can always count on you both. It realy help me a lot.

Thanks a lot.

Pawel