Delayed MouseEvent Triggering in Applications

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Delayed MouseEvent Triggering in Applications St Clair Clarke 4/29/12 7:08 PM
Hello,
I have been noticing that when I attached an ActionEvent or MouseClick event to a node (button) I have to click the button twice for the action to be executed. I have attached a small application consisting of the Forms.fxgraph, FormsCtrlr.java (the controller) and FormsLauncher (the application launcher). Place all three files in package, adjust the package names and run the FormsLaucher. Fill in the fields and click the submit button - nothing happens on the first click; only the second click generates the relevant comment on the label.

This example was a ported from the tutorial at http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/ui_controls/TextFieldSample.java.html. This example behaves normally as expected.

I might be missing something or it might be a bug. I found this problem occurring repeated with other nodes.

Thanks
Re: Delayed MouseEvent Triggering in Applications Tom 4/30/12 1:54 AM
You are talking about the preview right? The problem is to fix eager focus grabbing when reloading the fx-scene I'm disabling the FXCanvas if the Eclipse-ViewPart does has the focus:
http://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-18561

Tom
Re: Delayed MouseEvent Triggering in Applications St Clair Clarke 4/30/12 5:09 AM
No Tom, If you run the FormsLauncher.java file I sent you will see the same problem. I did not test the preview.

Thanks