syndication feed framework - how to reverse the urls?

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
syndication feed framework - how to reverse the urls? anentropic 9/29/09 8:57 AM
I've been setting up feeds using the syndication feed framework.

I have a line like this in my urls.py:

    (r'^feeds/(?P<url>.*)/$', 'django.contrib.syndication.views.feed',
{'feed_dict': feeds}),

How do I avoid hard-coding the feed urls into my template?

I want to {% url django.contrib.syndication.views.feed.feed_name
params %} in my html templates to generate the <link rel="alternate"/>
tags

...but it doesn't work for me (should it?)
Re: syndication feed framework - how to reverse the urls? anentropic 9/30/09 7:23 AM
Anyone?  Is it possible to reverse those urls?

The feeds framework implementation seems like a dirty hack to urls.py
(but otherwise works great!)
Re: syndication feed framework - how to reverse the urls? anentropic 10/5/09 3:31 AM
So I just have to hard-code the feed urls in my templates?
Re: syndication feed framework - how to reverse the urls? Russell Keith-Magee 10/5/09 4:09 AM
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 6:31 PM, anentropic <pa...@blues.co.nz> wrote:

> So I just have to hard-code the feed urls in my templates?

In short, yes.

The feeds framework predates the introduction of named URLs in Django,
and as a result the original implementation didn't include named urls.
The feeds framework is badly in need of a rewrite, and this is one of
the issues that needs to be addressed.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)
Re: syndication feed framework - how to reverse the urls? anentropic 10/6/09 9:48 AM
ok, thanks!

On Oct 5, 12:09 pm, Russell Keith-Magee <freakboy3...@gmail.com>