Performance optimisations in the deployment checklist document

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Performance optimisations in the deployment checklist document Marc Tamlyn 8/15/13 9:53 AM
I think we should at consider mentioning the `cached_db` session engine in the performance considerations part of the deployment checklist. It's an easy setting to enable which does give a performance boost, although the hit caused by it is decreased now we have persistent connections. That said, if you're not using `CONN_MAX_AGE`, then there's a huge benefit.

The only issue I can see is that it only improves performance if you've got memcached installed. That's easy to state though, and a reasonably large number of users will be using caching anyway.

Any thoughts?

Marc
Re: Performance optimisations in the deployment checklist document Tim Graham 8/16/13 7:00 AM
I don't think there's a reason to recommend one of the two cached sessions backends over the other as the choice is application dependent, but +1 on a link to https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/http/sessions/#using-cached-sessions as something to consider.
Re: Performance optimisations in the deployment checklist document Daniele Procida 8/16/13 12:01 PM
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013, Tim Graham <timog...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't think there's a reason to recommend one of the two cached sessions
>backends over the other as the choice is application dependent, but +1 on a
>link to
>https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/http/sessions/#using-cached-
>sessions as
>something to consider.

There should presumably also be a similar pointer to this topic in the general optimisation and performance documentation described in <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/20877>.

Daniele

Re: Performance optimisations in the deployment checklist document Marc Tamlyn 8/19/13 2:47 AM