Re: loading a theme manually

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Re: loading a theme manually Blaxton 9/30/12 5:28 AM
when I try to access static files directly I get:

Page not found (404)

Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://localhost:8000/static//images/1.jpg
'/images/1.jpg' could not be found
You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 404 page.

but, why the requested URL has static , but it says '/images/1.jpg' could not be found ??????

shouldn't that part be "/static//images/1.jpg" as well ?

From: Blaxxton <blax...@yahoo.com>
To: djang...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:09:11 AM
Subject: loading a theme manually

Hi

I am trying to manually load a summer theme in django-cms without using admin page.

so downloaded the summer theme from http://www.djangocmsthemes.com/
edited and copied the index.html file in template directory of project and added index.html
to settings.CMS_TEMPLATES, then copied downloaded theme's static dirctory to cms project's
static directory. then in admin page added a page with summer template.

now , page is showing up , but css or javascript is not working.

here is the css path in index.html file:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ STATIC_URL }}css/styles.css" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{{ STATIC_URL }}js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>

and in page source code I see following :
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/static/css/styles.css" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/static/js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>

and in settings.py:
STATIC_ROOT = os.path.join(PROJECT_DIR, 'static')

any thing else should I change to load a theme manually ?

Re: loading a theme manually Luke Crooks 9/30/12 10:55 PM

You have a double slash for some reason, please dpaste your full templates and settings.py files

Re: loading a theme manually Blaxton 10/1/12 8:17 AM
Thank you, I just realized that settings.py has no STATICFILES_DIRS

added it , and now it is working fine.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "django-cms" group.To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-cms/-/usYtZ9_VPS0J.To post to this group, send email to djang...@googlegroups.com.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mailto:django-cms%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com.For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-cms?hl=en.