Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!)

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Rob Balfre 10/3/12 2:07 AM
Hi,

I understand CMS_MODERATOR is depreciated but is there a workaround that anyone has used to get back preview and publish?  If you make the mistake of changing anything via /admin/cms/page you wipe any changes you made via the front-end.   Also any changes made to the front-end instantly appear live even before hitting publish.

We have 2 client sites due to go live in the coming weeks so this is a big problem for us :(

We're using:

Django==1.4.1
South==0.7.6
django-cms==2.3.3
django-mptt==0.5.2

CMS_MODERATOR is set to True and we've run the 'cms moderator on' command (http://docs.django-cms.org/en/2.3/getting_started/configuration.html#cms-moderator)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Re: Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Luke Crooks 10/3/12 2:25 AM

You don't have to update your cms version, if you have a working site just leave it as is. You can always install older versions through pip, so its not a big deal.

Re: Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Rob Balfre 10/3/12 2:55 AM
Unfortunately the moderator issue went unnoticed and the sites are too far along in development so downgrading the CMS is not a option.
Re: Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Björn Sandberg 10/3/12 3:34 AM
2.4 is intended to have a "revert draft to public" feature, so once that's finished you should be able to run that on the whole site to bring the versions in sync. I'm having the same issue.

// Bjorn
Re: Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Jonas Obrist 10/3/12 7:02 AM
Re: Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Rob Balfre 10/3/12 7:39 AM
Thanks Jonas, 2.4 sounds great.

Out of interest how do you currently handle simple preview / publish on your sites?
Re: Another thread on v2.3 and CMS_MODERATOR (sorry!) Jonas Obrist 10/3/12 8:10 AM
We don't. And that's the problem.

In practice, we see our clients simply copying pages and work on the unpublished copy. Then switch the published flag. This leads to *REALLY* ugly urls like /home/about-us-copy-copy-copy-copy/. I don't want to see any such URLs anymore.