Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Jonas Obrist 1/3/11 8:44 AM
Hi Devs

I propose dropping django-dbgettext support in the CMS in 2.2, which would mean before we release 2.1 we need to put Deprecation Warnings in there, which is why I bring this up now.

Why should we do that?

- It's an 100% untested feature
- Noone I know uses it, so again, I don't know if it works
- It duplicates a feature we already handle, doubling the work for us
- I personally believe it's a bad idea anyway.

Does anyone have any good arguments against dropping it?

Jonas
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Jannis Leidel 1/3/11 8:47 AM
Jonas Obrist wrote:
> Hi Devs
>
> I propose dropping django-dbgettext support in the CMS in 2.2, which would
> mean before we release 2.1 we need to put Deprecation Warnings in there,
> which is why I bring this up now.

+1 for the exact same reasons you mentioned.

Jannis
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Øyvind Saltvik 1/3/11 8:49 AM
No arguments against dropping django-dbgettext by be.

Øyvind
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 yml 1/3/11 9:23 AM
I don't even know what you are talking about to I guess I am not using it  :-)
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Jonas Obrist 1/3/11 9:28 AM
By default it is disabled, so you probably don't use it.
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Stefan Foulis 1/4/11 12:12 AM
+1 for removal
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 ChrisGlass 1/4/11 12:37 AM
+1 for removal from me as well.
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 centralniak 1/4/11 1:17 AM
+2 (colleague asked me to ;)

Regards,
Piotr
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 RuuPiE 1/4/11 3:14 AM
+1 just to keep it DRY

.. but anyone there AGAINST removal??
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Jonas Obrist 1/4/11 5:10 AM
A deprecation warning was added and this feature will be dropped in 2.2.
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 Jonas Obrist 2/1/11 12:17 PM
I've done this in a branch: https://github.com/ojii/django-cms/tree/feature/dbgettext-removal

I'd like to have at least another +1 for that branch from another core dev before I merge.
Re: Proposal: remove django-dbgettext support for cms content in 2.2 ChrisGlass 2/2/11 4:23 AM
Well, all core devs +1'd, except erobit.

Eric, anything specific?

Otherwise, go ahead and merge ;)

- Trib'