iPhone build for WebRTC

Showing 1-164 of 164 messages
iPhone build for WebRTC arik 3/19/12 10:23 AM
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Tony Weber 3/23/12 11:35 PM
Apparently Ericsson has done it.

https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/experimenting-webrtc-ios

Do you have something working?  Would you share?

Best regards,
Tony
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Alex 3/24/12 9:19 AM
Hi Arik,

    I was trying to integrate WebRTC VoiceEngine in PJSIP (just to replace PJMEDIA). It is working fine.
If you have any doubts, let me know. If possible, i will share my knowledge.

--

Regards,
J Alex Antony Vijay.

I started building for MAC according to: http://www.webrtc.org/reference/getting-started

I am hoping to build for MAC first and then use the makefiles to convert the build to iPhone.

My problem is that running gclient runhooks --force does not create webrtc.xcodeproj

Any idea how I should proceed? Is this the correct path, or do you recommend a different approach?

Thanks,
Arik Halperin

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM, arik  wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/2/12 8:06 AM
Ok, fixed it. Some issue with my configuration.

Now working on converting the xcode project to iPhone instead of MAC.

Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Nick Foster 4/2/12 9:13 AM
Good luck Arik,

I am interested in the work you do down this path. I do not know enough about the CoreAudio libraries on the iOS to know how to hook everything up. But excited for what you can get done.

- Nick
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/5/12 4:43 AM
Nick, Hello,

I have up to now moved all the platform independent audio libraries to iPhone library projects. I'm starting to work on audio_device and system_wrappers.

This is the hard part I believe :( I will keep you updated on how I progress.

Arik

On Monday, April 2, 2012 9:36:24 AM UTC-4, arik wrote:
[...]

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/5/12 4:44 AM
Alex, How did you port system wrappers to iPhone?

Arik

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:19:42 PM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 4/5/12 5:04 AM
Hi Arik,

I came across this library and think it may be useful for some of the audio work.

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Nick Foster 4/5/12 8:45 AM
Take a look at what Gustav has already posted to the webrtc group.

- Nick
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/11/12 8:12 AM
Thanks a lot. It's a great help.

I'm currently porting all projects to work with XCODE.

My last issue is how to solve the STL map references in the code.

Is there a way to link with STL support for iPhone native code?

Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC TJ Grant 4/11/12 2:44 PM
Arik…

I've not had any issues with STL and iPhone dev…

What kind of errors are you getting?

Also curious, what revision # of WebRTC are you starting with… current?

Best,
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/16/12 5:34 AM
Thanks for the response. I'm working with a version from a few weeks ago.

The STL issue was a compilation bug I had.

Currently I have WebRTC on iPhone working peer to peer and in loopback. The problem is that there is a lot of noise on the line and
the delay is terrible.

I will be happy if someone can give me tips on how to debug these issues.

For a driver I'm using the one Nick Foster pointed to me, the one Gustav wrote.

Arik
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Gustavo García 4/16/12 5:43 AM
Hi Arik,

Delay is pretty low for me and don't have any noise problem.

Perhaps the noise is because a mistmatch between sampling frequencies
in the "driver" and audio processing in mistmatch. What are the values
of N_REC_SAMPLES_PER_SEC and N_PLAY_SAMPLES_PERSEC macros in
audio_device_iphone.h?

Regards,

G.

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/16/12 5:55 AM
It's 48000.

BTW, If I only enable receive it works perfect.
If only transmit then there is delay but no noise.
Receive+Transmit: Delay & Noise.

Arik
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/16/12 6:03 AM
Found the problem. The code was compiled for debug.

Recompiled with release and everything is working fine.

BTW - Do you have experience with Video & WebRTC on iPhone?

This is my next project...

Arik
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Gustavo García 4/16/12 6:12 AM
Does it happen with simulator or only with the real devices?  Have you
tried different codecs?

I remembered 2 additional tweaks I made to reduce the computational
complexity, but it shouldn't be needed if you are using the simulator
or using G.711.

In case you want to use iSAC you have to enable iSACfix.

engine_configuration.h
//#define WEBRTC_CODEC_ISAC       // floating-point iSAC
implementation (default)
#define WEBRTC_CODEC_ISACFX  // fix-point iSAC implementation

Probably not mandatory but I also changed the sampling rate from 48K
to 16K to remove the necessity of resampling:
voice_engine_defines.h
enum { kVoiceEngineAudioProcessingDeviceSampleRateHz = 16000 };
audio_device_iphone.h
const WebRtc_UWord32 N_REC_SAMPLES_PER_SEC = 16000;
const WebRtc_UWord32 N_PLAY_SAMPLES_PER_SEC = 16000;

Some day I will make a script to apply all these changes, I promise :-)

G.

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/16/12 6:51 AM
Gustavo,

 Thanks a lot for all these tips. I will put them into the code. BTW, You did a really nice work on the audio driver and it saved me days of work.

My next task is to enable the video, which seems to be quite a challenge, I already have it working on Android
but there the code was already written and I only faced compile issues.

Did you try it already?

Regards,
Arik
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 4/16/12 2:56 PM
Were there any changes to Gustav's audio driver code required to get things running? I have everything building but when I go to instantiate the audio device I get:

AURemoteIO::Initialize failed: -308 (enable 3, outf< 1 ch,   1600 Hz, Int16> inf< 1 ch,   1600 Hz, Int16>)

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Gustavo García 4/16/12 4:08 PM
Your log says 1600 Hz and should be 16000 Hz.  That's probably your problem.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 4/16/12 5:14 PM
Nice catch. I fixed that but am still getting an error on initialization; this time with code 66635
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 4/16/12 5:30 PM
I'm rather new to working with iOS/Audio Units and my assumption right now is that my app is missing some necessary setup/teardown code which compliments this driver. Is this true? Could someone point me to a good reference if so?
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 4/17/12 12:16 AM
Zack,

The best reference is Apple. But I'm not sure you need it.

What I did was to look at the Audio sample used in Android and simply implemented the same steps in my IOS application.

I hope this helps.

Arik
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 4/17/12 7:05 AM
I'll check it out, thanks Arik. FWIW I flipped the setup to using RemoteIO instead of VoiceProcessingIO and now it initializes successfully. I will certainly go back an analyze this, but for now it's enough to let me work on the rest of my stack for a bit. Thanks for all the pointers.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 4/18/12 7:15 AM
Has anyone had success using this over the 3G/4G connection (network interface pdp_ip0 on the iPhone)? It doesn't appear to receive my STUN binding requests when I send to this IP
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC loks 5/6/12 7:03 AM
Hi Arik,

I am interested in building a Iphone WebRTC client to perform voice/
video chat.
I am new to libjingle and webRTC, please let me know how i can go
about developing the client on Iphone.
I would really appreciate if you can help me out here.

Regards
Lokesh

On Mar 19, 10:23 pm, arik <arik.halpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some
> thoughts about this.
>
> Thanks,
> Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 5/9/12 1:37 AM
For audio - it's easy, threre is an audio driver for iphone posted at one of the issues of WebRTC project.

Video is a different story, you need to provide two drivers:

1) Capture driver : To capture camera frames and transfer them as buffers to WebRTC send frame callback
2) Render driver: To do video rendering on iPhone

I'm currently working on the first...

Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC jay-k 5/10/12 1:15 PM
Hello Arik, i have the same problem, gclient sync --force doesn't create webrtc.xcodeproj, how did you solve it?

Am Montag, 2. April 2012 17:06:36 UTC+2 schrieb arik:
[...]

unk...@googlegroups.com 5/10/12 1:23 PM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 5/10/12 1:26 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 5/14/12 6:35 AM
I built it by hand for iPhone. Project by project.

As a reference I used the MAC xcode project which I got from gclient.

Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Shaun 5/18/12 8:23 AM
Are we to the point where the iLBC library can be used from webRTC on IOS? Any idea how to get this done? Thanks!
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Punyabrata Ray 5/18/12 2:51 PM
Officially, WebRTC is not yet supported on iOS.
-pr

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Shaun <shaun...@a-cti.com> wrote:
Are we to the point where the iLBC library can be used from webRTC on IOS? Any idea how to get this done? Thanks!

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 6/4/12 5:14 PM
Hello all,

I have had WebRTC running of iOS for some time now, but have been hitting an issue with voice quality for a majority of that period. I have been using iLBC and have found that there is a rather high degree of choppiness, both on Debug and Release builds. I have re-implemented iLBC to use Apple's built-in implementation of the codec, which did not mitigate the problem. Wireshark does not indicate that there is any packet loss, so I don't think that is causing the issue.

Today, I ran a quick test against my server with PCMU (aka G711u) and discovered a similar choppiness. So, my gut instinct is that it is in the code itself. Has anyone on this thread experienced this/have you re-implemented any major or fundamental portions of the stack in an iOS-specific manner?

Thanks,
Zack
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC emanuele bizzarri 6/5/12 5:42 AM
Have you try to disable VAD?

Il 05/06/2012 02:14, Zack Coder ha scritto:
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 6/5/12 12:56 PM
Thanks a lot, good idea. Just tried, didn't make a whole lot of difference unfortunately though.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Gustavo García 6/5/12 4:04 PM
What audio device implementation are you using?  Your own
implementation or the one I published in google code some months ago?

We are not having that choppiness and we tested it with most of the
codecs available in webrtc.

G.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 6/5/12 4:26 PM
Hi Gustavo,

I am using the one you provided a few months ago, with my own implementation of iLBC to use the Apple-provided version. However, I have seen the choppiness using the built-in version as well. When I play a WAV file into the connection @ a constant frequency, I hear a very regular clicking sound. It is present regardless of codec.

Have you made any updates to it? Also, are you using libjingle for the comms stack or just WebRTC and your own implementation? Perhaps my problem is there.

Thanks,
Zack
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Gustavo García 6/6/12 1:09 AM
I have just uploaded the exact version that we have today, perhaps
there is some change from the version I published on february:
http://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=284

I would stay with PCMU until you solve the problem to discard any
issue related to the codec or CPU load.

G.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 6/6/12 5:26 AM
Hi Gustavo,

I have successfully removed the clicking by increasing the render buffer's size. Hoping to figure out more on this today.

Richard
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC kadam 6/19/12 2:17 PM
Hi,

I've applied Gustavo's tweaks, but I get a lot of warnings during calls like:

Warning(webrtcvoiceengine.cc:890): WebRtc:too long delay (play:4294966 rec:4294967)

It doesn't seem to cause any problems as the call quality is excellent running on an iPhone (WiFi or 3G), just curious. The code spits out this warning if the sum of play and rec delays is greater than 300. This hints me that the two delays I get: 4294966 + 4294967 = 8589933 are way too big.

==Adam

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC kadam 6/21/12 4:35 PM
The warning disappeared after AudioSessionInitialize().

==Adam
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Harold 7/9/12 12:01 AM
Hi,

I managed to get the WebRTC voice-engine building+running on iOS based on the patch from here - https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/479004/ . It took some work, as regardless of what webrtc revision I started with (latest trunk/last-known-good-revision/stable, latest trunk/last-known-good-revision/stable at around the time the patch was released), there were various issues in applying the patch and then compiling with the patch's makefile setup. I also did some work to adjust the makefile setup it comes with to build fat binaries . However, having got it building+running, running it in loopback in the simulator+iphone it sounds fine so far.

I'm wondering if anyone has compared or has comments on the audio device implementation in this patch vs Gustavo's, and why people have chosen to use the one or the other?

Also, I'm not particularly happy with the makefile setup that this patch comes with and which I'm using, for example, for developing+debugging in xcode its less than ideal. Ideally it would be cool if the gyp files could be adjusted to create the xcode projects for iOS - anybody tried/managed that? But even just manually modifying the xcode projects to work for iOS would be useful. Thus, I would love to hear from anyone who has successfully done that as to how they managed to manually adjust the projects so that they work as libs to create iOS fat binaries (i386, armv7, armv6) usable in both the simulator and on device by their iOS executable project?

On Monday, March 19, 2012 7:23:59 PM UTC+2, arik wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Steve Mcfarlin 7/18/12 4:15 PM
I did start playing with that patch but quickly gave up. I ended up downloading trunk and peerconnection, and building them separately. For core WebRTC I did a mix of changing the Xcode project files and make. libvpx and libjpeg are build using make (never got libjpeg_turbo building). The rest is built using Xcode. Additionally I had to modify a handful of files mainly to #if defined(MAC_IPHONE or IOS) etc. For peerconnection I took the route of modifying the gyp file for libjingle to generate an iOS based Xcode build. Where I am at now is the core WebRTC trunk builds all the core media API static libraries (Including a AVFoundation based video capture class). I link to these in the peerconnection project. I then ported the linux peerconnection client to iOS. Right now I have limited the codec support to iSAC/16000/1 and VP8. I have also limited the capture to 352x288 or 192x144 (added to the supported formats). The iPad 2/3 performs really really well, but the iPhone 4S struggles on the VP8 encode at 352x288. All this is debug based code. I still have not modified the release build projects (not looking forward to that).

I also disabled secure RTP as SRTP was blowing up when encrypting. There are also many other hacks that I had to do. For the most it was a painless process but tedious. My todo list includes starting from scratch and editing all the gyp files to produce iOS Xcode builds, and also running diff to create a patch set for the source. Should I ever get a 'turn key' patch set I will post to github.

btw..  Right now I am armv7 build only.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 8/15/12 3:57 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is already gyp support for iPhone somewhere? I'm starting to work on my own now and was hoping to save the work :)

I will be basing my work on the MAC configuration and generate an  X project for iPhone.

Arik

On Monday, March 19, 2012 7:23:59 PM UTC+2, arik wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
unk...@googlegroups.com 8/15/12 4:02 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 8/15/12 4:02 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 8/15/12 4:03 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 8/15/12 4:04 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC PhistucK 8/15/12 4:08 AM
Even if there is no port right now, I am sure there will be something soon, since Chrome has been (partially) ported to the iPhone and the changes for this port are currently being merged into the code base. I believe it will also use GYP, but I am not positive. Perhaps https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/gyp-developer is more appropriate for this question.

PhistucK

--

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Jerry Gu 9/18/12 1:18 AM
Hi Arik

I'm just trying build WebRTC for iPhone. the WebRTC for Mac OS is OK. but how can I convert it into iOS?

I read all your posts and I know you've been got it. could you please give me some instructions to do this? I have no idea how to convert.

thank you.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Nick 9/19/12 9:35 AM
Did you ever get a version posted on GitHub. I'm new this this and I'm looking for a good starting point. Maybe a project that is setup for use in iOS that I can build on.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Nick 9/19/12 9:44 AM
@Arik, would you be willing to share the iOS project?
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Steve Mcfarlin 9/19/12 9:46 AM
I ran into some issues with doing that. I have heard there are people working on getting iOS into the gyp files. Once this occurs it will be easy to grab the source and generate the Xcode iOS projects. What I did end up doing was grabbing peerconnection with gclient. I then generated all the third_party Xcode projects using gyp. I believe I generated libjingle first as it has a lot of dependencies (e.g. webrtc). I then switched all the projects to iOS from Mac OS. At this point it may be worth waiting for the port to complete. It should be close, and may be in some experimental branch. Someone else on this list may be able to address that, and I do believe I did see a webrtc for iOS on github. Not sure if it is new or old.

--

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 9/20/12 8:12 AM
I would, but the best way to do it is to generate your own project.

1) Download the source and sync(As in getting started section)
2) From command line: ./build/gyp_chromium --depth=.  -DOS=ios -Dtarget_arch=arm -Dinclude_tests=0 -Denable_protobuf=0 -Denable_video=0 webrtc.gyp

As a result you will have a working project but without ARM optimizations. They are still work in progress for IOS.

Arik
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Nick 9/20/12 8:26 AM
That's great, from the way the post read, it seemed like much more work than that.  Thanks for your help.

--

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Richard Speyer 10/4/12 7:32 AM
Hi Ari,

Does this assume you pulled just WebRTC trunk? or the trunk/peerconnection extension which includes libjingle?
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC guillaume sempé 10/7/12 10:17 PM
Hi,

I'm working on WebRTC to build an iOS example but it seems there is no client example provided even for MAC. Client sample is windows and Linux only.

From which client code sample did you start your ports ?
Is there anyone who can provide projects or samples which work on iPhone ?
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Benjamin van den Hout 10/9/12 12:29 AM
Hi,

I think your best bet is to look at the unit tests. For voice engine, I would start looking at 'voe_cmd_test' sources and for video engine I found I could re-use most code in the call setup part of 'vie_auto_test' (especially option 8, custom configure a call). These examples also compile on Mac so it should be relatively straightforward to take out the relevant code and insert it into your IOS project.

Kind regards,
Benjamin
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC ridolph 10/11/12 2:42 AM
hi,Arik
    I had do it with your said , but is only create macox project, how can i create ios project?

it is my step:

1  svn co http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/tools/depot_tools
2  export PATH=$PATH:$PWD/depot_tools
3  gclient --version
4  gclient config http://webrtc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
5  gclient sync --force
6  cd trunk

7  ./build/gyp_chromium --depth=.  -DOS=ios -Dtarget_arch=arm -Dinclude_tests=0 -Denable_protobuf=0 -Denable_video=0 webrtc.gyp
8  cd ..
9  gclient runhooks --force

在 2012年9月20日星期四UTC+8下午11时12分59秒,arik写道:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC ridolph 10/11/12 2:54 AM
hi, Arik
    I had do it flow your said, but it is only create mac project . how can is create ios project

    it is my step

1 svn co http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/tools/depot_tools
2 export PATH=$PATH:$PWD/depot_tools
3 gclient --version
4 gclient config http://webrtc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
5 gclient sync --force
6 cd trunk
7 ./build/gyp_chromium --depth=.  -DOS=ios -Dtarget_arch=arm -Dinclude_tests=0 -Denable_protobuf=0 -Denable_video=0 webrtc.gyp
8 cd ..
9 gclient runhooks --force

在 2012年9月20日星期四UTC+8下午11时12分59秒,arik写道:
I would, but the best way to do it is to generate your own project.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC arik 10/11/12 8:52 AM
It's Arik :)

In any case, I am using the trunk with some changes to assembly files and I had to change the compiler for inline assembly on iPhone(From default to GCC 4.2). I am not using libjingle.
unk...@googlegroups.com 11/20/12 1:48 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 12/3/12 12:05 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Oleg Degtyarenko 3/2/13 10:10 PM
Hi Steve!

You did PeerConnection client port for iOS platform according to your message. Does it work fine? Could you please show your changes? Did you put this code to github?

Thanks!

четверг, 19 июля 2012 г., 3:15:34 UTC+4 пользователь Steve Mcfarlin написал:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Oleg Degtyarenko 3/2/13 10:54 PM

Hi Steve!

You did PeerConnection client port for iOS platform, as I understood you right. So, could you please share your code? May be you  have this code in GitHub?

BR,
Oleg

[...]
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Steve Mcfarlin 3/4/13 11:09 AM
Hello Oleg -

The code I wrote to wrap PeerConnection is application specific. It is not something I can really share. It is really straight forward. Check out the linux client in the examples folder in libjingle. At a high level what you will end up doing is creating a C++ class that extends PeerConnectionObserver. I have this observer forward on messages to my PeerConnection wrapper class (Objective-C). The Objective-C class simply controls the PeerConnection (Just like a JS class/functions would). I do believe WebRTC trunk now includes the iOS audio code. There is also a patch set with video code here (A little dated, but should still work): https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/524001/.

steve
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Oleg Degtyarenko 3/4/13 10:48 PM
Steve, thanks for advices!

I already did initial PeerConnection port and I can sent messages from my iPhone to web client (server_test.html) and do audio call to the linux peerconnection client. I did the same things as you did while peerconnection porting. So, the only thing is left - video calls. I hope (https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/524001/) this patch will help me.

BR,
Oleg
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Santhoshkumar Sunderrajan 3/7/13 9:02 AM
I am trying to build WebRTC for iPhone. Can someone who already built it please summarize the steps to build? And other problems that you ran into while building.

Thank you.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC medusade 3/8/13 2:04 PM
Oleg,

I've put a bunch of experimental "peerconnection_client" code on https://github.com/medusade/XosWebRTC. This code may help you figure out the threading a messaging model to use for an iOS Cocoa application.

medusade
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Oleg Degtyarenko 3/9/13 6:53 AM
Medusade,

Thank you! I will check it out as soon.

BR,
Oleg
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Oleg Degtyarenko 3/14/13 5:04 AM
Medusade,

I didn't find any project file in your code, how should I build it?

Thank you!

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:04:19 AM UTC+4, medusade wrote:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC medusade 3/14/13 6:02 PM
Oleg,

I've put up as sample the MacOSX makefile projects to illustrate how I built the code. Note XosWebRTC/xos depends on mxde/xos for its base classes. The make files build the xos/webrtc/client sources which use GoCast's r1080 mac build webrtc libraries. The evolution of the code is as follows:

Xoslib --  Older experimental code that use r1125/r1080
xos/webrtc/client --  Newer experimental code that still uses r1125/r1080
xos/webrtc/peerconnection/client -- Newer experimental code that uses the newer r3323

This code is experimental, and it is not intended to be a complete solution. This code is intended to help other developers to see how porting issues were addressed. I would like to eventually put up a cleaner and more complete code base as an application framework for webrtc.

medusade
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Dennis Mårtensson 6/29/13 10:22 AM
Hi,

I am trying to build the /trunk/talk/examples/ios/ following the instruktions found here:

I get it to build for mac osx whit no problems, And then when I open libjingle.xcproj I cant select iPhone or iPad simulator whit out changing the the project architectures to base sdk Lates iOS. Is this wrong to do?

And when I have changing the the project architectures I get coreaudio/coreaudio.h file not found.

What am I doing wrong here? I am using xcode 4.6.3 and Latest iOS(ios 6.1)

Can any one helt out and point me down the right road?

Thanks

Dennis Mårtensson

Den måndagen den 19:e mars 2012 kl. 18:23:59 UTC+1 skrev arik:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC 尹炬 6/30/13 11:18 PM
I am interesting about your code about WebRTC VoiceEngine in PJSIP , if you can share it , please send me a copy(her...@gmail.com)

在 2012年3月25日星期日UTC+8上午12时19分42秒,Alex写道:

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM, arik <arik.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Alex 7/4/13 10:21 PM
Hi Dennis,

    Do you want to use WebRTC for iOS native application ?

--

---

Regards,
J Alex Antony Vijay.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC ravi vora 7/16/13 2:48 AM
hello Alex, Dennis , arik
                           Can u plz provide sample code of webRTC for ios? my email id is vora...@gmail.com

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC ravi vora 7/16/13 2:51 AM
Hi Dennis, arik and ALex  can u plz provide sample code of webRTC for ios ? my email id is vora...@gmail.com
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC ravi vora 7/16/13 2:53 AM
Hello Alex , erik can u plz provide smaple code of webRTC for ios ?
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC shweta dodiya 7/17/13 5:25 AM

Hello Alex & Dennis,

I wanted to develop and webRTC in IOS as native application.
I tried to integrate the .h and .m files in the xcode project.But it gives me error in socket and Networking files.
Is there any way to resolve this?
How did you able to resolve this issues?
Is there any library available for webrtc?
Please share some work with me so that i can create the IOS native application properly.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Alex 7/18/13 4:46 AM
Hi Shweta,

    I have an question; Do you want to compile WebRTC source code by xcode or you have the library and trying to add it to xcode with header files ?

    If you are trying to compile using xcode, then make sure that you have configured all the dependencies with xcode.

I will recommend you to create a library by cross compilation and add it to xcode project.

I have integrated WebRTC Voice Engine with PJSIP (to replace PJMEDIA) on last year February. There was no code for iOS hardware integration (callback, playback). I think WebRTC has the code now. But I am not sure whether it will work for iOS native application.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC pe...@perch.co 7/18/13 9:46 AM
WebRTC project is quite broken for iOS at the moment.
There is support for audio but not video; there is someone who about 6 months ago wrote support for audio and video for the iPhone but only the audio was merged - I'm working on patching the video at the moment.  I do have the full project compiling without errors but the example AppRTCDemo is massively broken with missing files [the majority of the errors are just case sensitive changes and a few incorrect directory paths].

@ridolph was close but you will need to adjust the steps to build a xcode proj

Here is how I was able to compile for iOS:
  1. Set up depot_tools, set your PATH for depot_tools install ( http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/install-depot-tools )
  3. gclient sync --force
  4. build/gyp_chromium --depth=.  -DOS=ios -Dtarget_arch=c -Dinclude_tests=0 -Denable_protobuf=0 -Denable_video=1 webrtc.gyp
         NB: Setting the target_arch=arm will result in a lot of ARM assembly, which a few of the instructions were not compiling.  Clearly you will want to eventually use ARM assembly.  You will normally also add a -Darmv7 to that command as well.
  5. open ./trunk/webrtc.xcodeproj

  A. Update include paths (VPX)
          vp8.xcodeproj>Build Settings>Search Paths>Add:"../../../../../third_party/libvpx/source/libvpx/"
  B.  modules.xcodeproj>Source>video_renderer>video_renderer_impl.cc ->  "iPhone/video_render_iphone_impl.h" missing
          I'm working on that at the moment - the naming convention should be ios/video_render_ios_impl.h
          There is a patch at: https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/524001/
          But according to:  https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/1829004  it looks like it is getting nuked.

If you have tips on compiling the ARM7 ASM code would be greatly appreciated.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 7/18/13 12:31 PM
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM, <pe...@perch.co> wrote:
WebRTC project is quite broken for iOS at the moment.

The good news is that I've been working on fixing the OS=ios libjingle build and have it working on my dev machine.  I'm now sending out patches for review and landing fixes to libjingle dependencies to enable the iOS build.  I'll send out the libjingle CL as soon as those land; this is being tracked in https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2106 and I hope to be able to close that soonish.
Adding video support to iOS is being tracked in https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2105 and as noted in the bug there is a CL under review.

Cheers,
-a
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Rahul Pathak 7/23/13 6:29 AM
Hi all,
        i done with webrtc porting on ios last 3 months ago. and its working good if you are from Indian then can you please add me on gtalk and we can discuss there in hindi coz my English is not so good my email id is rrpth...@gmail.com

BR,
Rahul Pathak
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Khang Le 7/30/13 7:04 AM
Hi arik,
I've been building AppRTCDemo for iOS simulator but not get success . These errors :

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

  "std::string::push_back(char)", referenced from:

      cricket::GetFourccName(unsigned int) in libjingle_media.a(videocapturer.o)

      talk_base::CreateRandomString(unsigned long, char const*, int, std::string*) in libjingle.a(helpers.o)

      bool talk_base::Base64::DecodeFromArrayTemplate<std::string>(char const*, unsigned long, int, std::string*, unsigned long*) in libjingle.a(base64.o)

      talk_base::quote(std::string const&) in libjingle.a(httpcommon.o)

  "std::ostream::operator<<(unsigned long)", referenced from:

Do you know those errors ?

I built iOS device without those errors .

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:23:59 AM UTC+7, arik wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Khang Le 7/30/13 7:08 AM
Hi arik,
I've built AppRTCDemo for iOS simulator with errors as below :

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

  "std::string::push_back(char)", referenced from:

      cricket::GetFourccName(unsigned int) in libjingle_media.a(videocapturer.o)

      talk_base::CreateRandomString(unsigned long, char const*, int, std::string*) in libjingle.a(helpers.o)

      bool talk_base::Base64::DecodeFromArrayTemplate<std::string>(char const*, unsigned long, int, std::string*, unsigned long*) in libjingle.a(base64.o)

      talk_base::quote(std::string const&) in libjingle.a(httpcommon.o)

  "std::ostream::operator<<(unsigned long)", referenced from:

I used static libraries built from steps that you gave .

Can you tell me how to fix the above errors ? (i got 144 errors Mach-O linker ) .

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Steve Mcfarlin 8/1/13 4:00 PM
Make sure you link to a C++ standard library when building your application: libstdc++.dylib
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 8/2/13 4:25 AM

Hi Ami,
I managed to compile with your recent svn commit 4466 by following the objective-c README (svn 4467) and load the AppRTCDemo on my iOS device

While it appears to negotiate the SDP successfuly with the desktop browser listening for connections in the same room, I see no video screen -- just the text screen that is displaying the SDP and ICE and GAE negotiation and status

Is this expected or am I missing a step? I am entering the room number in the demo app itself and not attempting the safari URL apprtc://apprtc.appspot.com/?r=<room_number>

Thanks
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 8/2/13 6:10 AM
Here is what appears on the iOS apprtcdemo app

onICEServers - add local stream.
GAE onOpen - create offer.
PC - createOffer.
SDP onSuccess(SDP) - set local description.
PC setLocalDescription.
SDP onSuccess() - possibly drain candidates
GAE onMessage type - candidate
GAE onMessage type - answer
PC - setRemoteDescription.
SDP onSuccess() - possibly drain candidates
SDP onSuccess - drain candidates
GAE onMessage type - candidate
GAE onMessage type - candidate
GAE onMessage type - candidate

No video

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 8/2/13 10:58 AM
Video engine doesn't build on iOS yet; bug 2105 is tracking that.  I just filed bug 2168 to take advantage of video-engine support on iOS once that lands.

Cheers,
-a

--

---

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 8/5/13 11:01 PM

hello Alex, Dennis , arik and all,
                           Can u plz provide sample code of webRTC for ios? my email id is umerf...@gmail.com

regards
Ummer farooque
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 8/6/13 1:36 AM
 Ya..I want to implement WebRTC for IOs native application...
will you please share code
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sergey Vlasov 8/6/13 6:28 AM
Hi Ami,

I have a bit different result than andy424 above. The app crashes in iOS sim as soon as I enter room id. I'm trying to join the room running in Chrome on different machine with Ubuntu.

$ ./out_sim/Debug/iossim out_sim/Debug/AppRTCDemo.app
2013-08-06 16:19:33.155 AppRTCDemo[76181:12607] *** Assertion failure in -[APPRTCAppClient updateICEServers:withTurnServer:], ../../talk/examples/ios/AppRTCDemo/APPRTCAppClient.m:200
2013-08-06 16:19:33.155 AppRTCDemo[76181:12607] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Unable to parse.  The operation couldn’t be completed. (Cocoa error 3840.)'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x2af0012 0x2d25e7e 0x2aefe78 0x161e665 0x5957 0x368353f 0x3695014 0x3685418 0x36852a6 0x3686280 0x3685fcb 0x91f08b24 0x91f0a6fe)
libc++abi.dylib: terminate called throwing an exception
iossim: WARNING: Ignoring that Simulator ended with: "The simulated application quit." (DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain:1)
iossim: WARNING: Console message: Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6
iossim: ERROR: Simulated app crashed or exited with non-zero status

If I run Chrome on the same Mac I get till 'PC - createOffer' but then it crashes with same 'Unable to parse' error.

$ ./out_sim/Debug/iossim out_sim/Debug/AppRTCDemo.app                     [5]
2013-08-06 16:25:50.851 AppRTCDemo[76207:11603] GAE onOpen - create offer.
2013-08-06 16:25:50.851 AppRTCDemo[76207:11603] PC - createOffer.
2013-08-06 16:25:55.734 AppRTCDemo[76207:12607] *** Assertion failure in -[APPRTCAppClient updateICEServers:withTurnServer:], ../../talk/examples/ios/AppRTCDemo/APPRTCAppClient.m:200
2013-08-06 16:25:55.735 AppRTCDemo[76207:12607] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Unable to parse.  The operation couldn’t be completed. (Cocoa error 3840.)'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x2af0012 0x2d25e7e 0x2aefe78 0x161e665 0x5957 0x368353f 0x3695014 0x3685418 0x36852a6 0x3686280 0x3685fcb 0x91f08b24 0x91f0a6fe)
libc++abi.dylib: terminate called throwing an exception
iossim: WARNING: Console message: Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6
iossim: ERROR: Simulated app crashed or exited with non-zero status

Sergey
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 8/6/13 12:15 PM
If you look at the NSAssert that's firing, it's in the code that tries to get a TURN server from COED, which is down at the moment.
Star https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2184 for updates on COED being fixed.
Note that this is not ios-specific.

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 8/7/13 3:22 AM

hello,

I'm trying to build appRTCDemo for iOS following instructions in README, but  I'm unable to build libjingle.xcproj for iPhone or iPad simulator.
Has anyone succeeded in building it for iPhone or iPad simulator and how did he manage to build it ?
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sergey Vlasov 8/7/13 4:52 AM
Thanks! The workaround did the trick.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sergey Vlasov 8/7/13 5:07 AM
Is there a bug to track the state of audio support?

On Friday, August 2, 2013 8:58:01 PM UTC+3, Ami Fischman wrote:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 8/7/13 9:23 AM
This is the readme to follow

In the readme, the path to the libjingle trunk can be substituted with the path to the webrtc trunk

Note, the xcodeproj was removed and the entire app is built using the command line as explained in the above README
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 8/7/13 9:54 AM
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 5:07 AM, <sergey...@movial.com> wrote:
Is there a bug to track the state of audio support?

There wasn't; I just flled 2191.

Cheers,
-a
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Mike Anderson 8/8/13 9:27 PM
I am finding that the opus audio output is choppy to the point that speech is unintelligible and seems to be suffering from buffering issues, the delay increases the longer the connection is held.
Switching to isac everything works fine.
Has anyone experienced this issue?  (connecting ipod touch 5G iOS6 to chrome 28)

Thanks
-Mike
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Khang Le 8/9/13 4:33 AM
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Dominic Wroblewski 8/9/13 10:55 AM
I seem to be getting the following errors:

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Khang Le 8/9/13 11:35 AM
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Dominic Wroblewski 8/9/13 12:09 PM
Yep, I'm having a similar issue. Where's the place to change it to use isac?
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Steve Mcfarlin 8/9/13 12:31 PM
The issue for me is that the current implementation of libopus is not optimized. I had to compile it with O3 to get it to encode and decode in real time. There is opus 1.1-beta which has performance optimizations (works good in my testing). http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/opus/demo3.shtml (read the last paragraph on that page).
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Mike Anderson 8/12/13 11:27 PM
I wasn't able to find a way to do it within the native API. I think there is a feature request out for that functionality.
But for now, you can edit the SDPs to trick both clients into thinking that the other wants them to use ISAC.

if you look in the offer or answer you'll find the following lines (I've excluded many lines in-between that are not important):

m=audio 1 RTP/SAVPF 111 103 104 9 102 0 8 107 106 105 13 127 126
a=rtpmap:111 opus/48000/2
a=rtpmap:103 ISAC/16000

You then have to specify using the a tag what each of those numbers corresponds to in terms of codec.

So, you can just use some regex to swap the preferred codec list around in the SDP string before sending your local sdp string and before processing the received remote sdp string.

NSError *error = NULL;
NSRegularExpression *regex = [NSRegularExpression regularExpressionWithPattern:
@"RTP/SAVPF 111 103" options:(NSRegularExpressionOptions)nil error:&error];
NSString *modifiedSDP = [regex stringByReplacingMatchesInString:sdp.description options:0 range:NSMakeRange(0, [sdp.description length]) withTemplate:
@"RTP/SAVPF 103 111"];

Personal Disclaimer: I do not think this should ever be used for production code, as I don't think those numbers are actually set in stone. But it seems to work fine as a quick hacky work-around for testing.

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Dominic Wroblewski 8/15/13 10:29 AM
Just pulled some updates via gclient sync, and now when I run it I get the following:

yp: Undefined variable yasm_path in trunk/third_party/libjpeg_turbo/libjpeg.gyp while loading dependencies of trunk/webrtc/common_video/common_video.gyp while loading dependencies of trunk/webrtc/webrtc.gyp while loading dependencies of trunk/all.gyp while trying to load trunk/all.gyp
Error: Command /usr/bin/python trunk/build/gyp_chromium --depth=trunk trunk/all.gyp -Dextra_gyp_flag=0 returned non-zero exit status 1 in /Users/Mac/.bin/depot_tools

On Monday, 19 March 2012 17:23:59 UTC, arik wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sergey Vlasov 8/18/13 1:34 PM
I get the same error. Reverted back to safe r4500.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Daniel Young 8/19/13 6:48 PM
I have success build webrtc for ios, and would like to share the APPRTCDemo project.

在 2012年3月20日星期二UTC+8上午1时23分59秒,arik写道:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Daniel Young 8/21/13 12:42 AM
Sorry, mistake
The right link is:https://github.com/newOcean/webrtc-ios/tree/master/ios-example

在 2013年8月20日星期二UTC+8上午9时48分57秒,Daniel Yang写道:
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 8/21/13 3:19 PM
Daniel,
Out of curiosity, why would someone use this (no longer current) snapshot of the project instead of the upstream one from https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/source/browse/trunk/talk/examples/ios/ ?
Are you just providing the xcodeproj files for people who don't want to run gyp?

Cheers,
-a

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC ega...@vov.com.co 8/22/13 9:04 AM

Hi

, I'm following the readme file, but after trying this "gclient runhooks" I get:

"key_id gyp variable needs to be set explicitly because there are multiple codesigning keys, or none"

Can someone say what happend? what is missing here?

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Pete Koat 8/22/13 1:06 PM
Hello egarcia,
If you look at talk/libjingle_examples.gyp you will see where it is searching in your OSX Keychain for a code signing certificate with "iPhone Developer".

security find-identity -p codesigning -v | grep 'iPhone Developer' ....

You will need to sign up to a iOS developer account and set up your provisioning.

Best,
Pete

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Daniel Young 8/26/13 2:35 AM
Yes, it seem that we need undergo some trouble to get a successful building xcodeproj.
And further more , I want to build a p2p voice chat demo based on APPRTCDemo and share it if success.
Now, It can exchange all the SDP and ice candidate, but no sound, I still work on it.

在 2013年8月22日星期四UTC+8上午6时19分26秒,Ami Fischman写道:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 8/27/13 4:06 AM

Hai all,

I managed to compile with your recent svn commit 4466 by following the objective-c README (svn 4467) and load the AppRTCDemo on my iOS device

While it appears to negotiate the SDP successfuly with the desktop browser listening for connections in the same room, I see no video screen -- just the text screen that is displaying the SDP and ICE and GAE negotiation and status

Is this expected or am I missing a step? I am entering the room number in the demo app itself and not attempting the safari URL apprtc://apprtc.appspot.com/?r=<room_number>
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sebastian Kummer 8/27/13 8:32 AM
@Ummer farooque M
Video is not ported to iOS yet (see http://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2105) nor has it been added to the iOS PeerConnection (see http://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2168)

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Pete Koat 8/27/13 8:32 AM
@Ummer.
The latest build is highly unoptimized right now.  If you wait a while you'll notice that audio is established but the CPU load is so high it is unable to encode/decode in real time.

It does not appear that video is working yet.

The interesting part is that even before a connection is established the CPU load on a 5th gen iPod Touch is at 50%.
It also does not spike over 50% when a connection is created so this would also indicate that it is not multicore aware.

Congrats on the build!  Ami put a great readme in the project; thanks.

I would be interested if some of the codec side could be mapped to the GPU.

Best,
Pete.
prkoat

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 8/27/13 1:01 PM
https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2191 is tracking bidirectional audio flow, which I'm planning to achieve by preferring ISAC (and which seems to work on an iPod touch, for example).

Cheers,
-a
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Bryan 8/27/13 1:10 PM
Since Firefox does not support ISAC, does this mean we will need a transcoding media server for Firefox to speak to iOS?

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 8/27/13 1:18 PM
OPUS 1.1 (which is not out yet) apparently has significant improvements over 1.0, esp. on ARM, so my hope is that we can drop this preference for ISAC once we move to 1.1.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sebastian Kummer 8/28/13 5:55 AM
>> Since Firefox does not support ISAC, does this mean we will need a transcoding media server for Firefox to speak to iOS?
Not if you got an iOS device with sufficient CPU power like the iPhone 5. See https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2191

Cheerio, Sebastian
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 9/2/13 2:23 AM

Hai All,

Has anyone integrate video capturing and rendering  to WebRTC for iPhone?

Thanks,
Ummer Farooque
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC miviw...@gmail.com 9/2/13 4:02 AM
I am trying build WebRTC for iPhone, could you give me some advices? Thank you!

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:23:59 AM UTC+8, arik wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Bridger Maxwell 9/3/13 2:23 AM
It looks like the video support is being actively worked on. You can track the progress on the bug here: https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=2105
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC studyro zhang 9/3/13 5:11 AM
Hi, all
  I've a simple iOS .xcodeproj file using './build/gyp_chromium --depth=. -DOS=ios -Dtarget_arch=armv7 -Dinclude_test=0 TestClient.gyp'. (TestClient.gyp contains a target typed 'executable').
  But when I was trying to build the simple target, an error occurred wh. Saying ''.
  After googling, I've realized this problem has something to do with "Command line targets are not supported on iOS". What I should do? Just set -Dbuild_libvpx=0 when generate the project files? There must be some trick I'm not aware of.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 9/5/13 11:09 PM
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ummer farooque M 9/5/13 11:12 PM
HaI,

Will you please share some knowledge for integrating video support

Thanks
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Welfred 9/20/13 8:54 PM

   Here is my codes:

#define TEST_FRAME_RATE 30

#define TEST_TIME_SECOND 5

#define TEST_FRAME_NUM (TEST_FRAME_RATE*TEST_TIME_SECOND)

- (void)doRender:(I420VideoFrame*)videoFrame

{

    int myId = 12345;

    // Create the render module

    VideoRender* renderModule = NULL;

    renderModule = VideoRender::CreateVideoRender(myId,

                                                  (void*)CFBridgingRetain(mainVideoView),

                                                  false,

                                                  kRenderiOS);

    int error = 0;

    // Add settings for a stream to render

    printf("Add stream 0 to entire window\n");

    const int streamId0 = 0;

    VideoRenderCallback* renderCallback0 =

        renderModule->AddIncomingRenderStream(streamId0, 00.0f0.0f1.0f1.0f);

    assert(renderCallback0 != NULL);

    printf("Start render\n");

    error = renderModule->StartRender(streamId0);

    assert(error == 0);

    uint8_t startColor = TEST_STREAM0_START_COLOR;

    for (int i = 0; i < TEST_FRAME_NUM; i++) {

        [self GetTestVideoFrame:videoFrame startColor:startColor++];

        videoFrame->set_render_time_ms(TickTime::MillisecondTimestamp());

        renderCallback0->RenderFrame(streamId0, *videoFrame);

        SleepMs(1000/TEST_FRAME_RATE);

    }

    // Shut down

    printf("Render Closing...\n");

    error = renderModule->StopRender(streamId0);

    error = renderModule->DeleteIncomingRenderStream(streamId0);

}

My question is why it only displays the first frame after a moment rather than changing color continuously.

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:23:59 AM UTC+8, arik wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Rahul Behera 9/26/13 7:57 AM
Is anyone able to build an xcodeproj? Here is the steps I am using, and its not working....

executing these commands:
echo "target_os = ['mac']" >> .gclient
gclient sync

sed -i "" '$d' .gclient
echo "target_os = ['ios', 'mac']" >> .gclient
gclient sync

export GYP_DEFINES="$GYP_DEFINES OS=ios target_arch=armv7"
export GYP_GENERATOR_FLAGS="$GYP_GENERATOR_FLAGS output_dir=out_arm"
export GYP_CROSSCOMPILE=1

gclient runhooks
    ninja -C out_arm/Debug

And fails here:
[1973/2196] CXX obj/talk/media/base/libjingle_media.streamparams.o
[1974/2196] CXX obj/talk/media/base/libjingle_media.videoadapter.o
[1975/2196] LINK libjingle_sound_unittest, POSTBUILDS
FAILED: ../../third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/bin/clang++ -framework Foundation -framework IOKit -framework Security -framework SystemConfiguration -framework UIKit -Wl,-search_paths_first -force_load /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/arc/libarclite_iphoneos.a -miphoneos-version-min=6.0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk -arch armv7 -L. -o libjingle_sound_unittest obj/talk/sound/libjingle_sound_unittest.automaticallychosensoundsystem_unittest.o libgunit.a libjingle_sound.a libjingle_unittest_main.a libjingle.a libexpat.a libjsoncpp.a libcrnss.a libnss_static.a libcrnspr.a libsqlite_regexp.a libicui18n.a libicuuc.a libicudata.a libcrnssckbi.a libcrssl.a libyuv.a  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk/usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
ld: framework not found IOKit

I'd love to help contribute to this project, but I need to be able to build webrtc from xcode before I can assist.

Thanks,
Rahul Behera
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Kate Z 9/27/13 12:29 AM
I created repeating timer (e.g. NSTimer::scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval) and called RenderFrame in timer callback. In this case colors are changed continuously. It seems RenderFrame is performed in the main thread so Sleep in the main thread prevents this rendering.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Leonardo Sobral Cunha 10/2/13 5:15 AM
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:57:53 PM UTC+2, Rahul Behera wrote:
[...]

As to the error above: IOKit is not available in IOs7 sdk, so you need to remove it from where it is referenced from in trunk/talk/libjingle.gyp

after removing this, it built fine for me.
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Charles Cary 10/2/13 11:10 AM
It builds fine having removed IOKit, but are you able to successfully run the AppRTCDemo without including IOKit?
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Leonardo Sobral Cunha 10/3/13 5:57 AM

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:10:16 PM UTC+2, Charles Cary wrote:
It builds fine having removed IOKit, but are you able to successfully run the AppRTCDemo without including IOKit?

actually a better fix for the missing IOKit in xcode 5 is provided here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rubymotion/LHHaRBNbH-I

after following those steps, I got the apprtcdemo built successfully.
running it on iphone, it occassionally manages to establish the ice connection with my mac running chrome, but then I get only audio.

cheers
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Rahul Behera 10/3/13 12:26 PM
Hmm, even after removing all instances of -framework IOKit i still do not find any working Xcode project file that could launch the APPRTCDemo.. Interestingly enough lots of the build settings that i was able to generate didn't work.. Lots of neon errors.
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/4/13 8:31 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Kate Z 10/4/13 8:34 AM
Are you able to build AppRTCDemo with ninja?
To generate xcodeproj-file gyp generator should be changed to xcode (export GYP_GENERATORS="xcode"). After that libjingle_example.xcodeproj will be generated in ../trunk/talk/ (I use "wrios && gclient rinhooks" commands from  ../trunk/talk/app/webrtc/objc/README to generate it).
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Rahul Behera 10/7/13 1:56 PM
including IOKit in the app store can get you banned as it is an undocumented feature of iOS  so keep in mind its' better to not include it if possible
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC xueli jin 10/21/13 8:22 PM
hi buddy. i think your build method is wrong. read /trunk/talk/app/webrtc/objc/readme. this artical tell us how to build it ,
We should execute this method as a whole,such as first step

function wrbase() {
  cd /path/to/webrtc/trunk  ////this is your trunk path
  export GYP_DEFINES="build_with_libjingle=1 build_with_chromium=0 libjingle_objc=1"
  export GYP_GENERATORS="ninja"
}

this function should be execute as a whole;

and then  execute this, will build on simulator
function wrsim() {
  wrbase
  export GYP_DEFINES="$GYP_DEFINES OS=ios target_arch=ia32"
  export GYP_GENERATOR_FLAGS="$GYP_GENERATOR_FLAGS output_dir=out_sim"
  export GYP_CROSSCOMPILE=1
}

and then
run "gclient runhooks" to generate ninja files

finally

wrsim && gclient runhooks && ninja -C out_sim/Debug iossim AppRTCDemo && \
      ./out_sim/Debug/iossim out_sim/Debug/AppRTCDemo.app

will generate  a demo on ios simulator, and will run automatically.

good luck !

在 2013年10月2日星期三UTC+8下午8时15分03秒,Leonardo Sobral Cunha写道:
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Jason Adams 11/17/13 5:13 PM
For anyone who ends up in this thread looking for help setting up the iOS build, I wrote up an article with step-by-step instructions to get the example iOS application building and running on the iOS simulator and an attached iOS device. I've included all of the workarounds I had to do to deal with iOS 7, Xcode 5, and multiple code signing identities. You can take a look here, feedback is welcome:

Jason
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Deyan Chakarov 1/20/14 8:13 AM
 Hi,
I have a lot of STL linker errors.
I build webrtc libraries with gclient and add them to XCode project.
Does anybody has the same issue?
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Surendra Pandey 1/30/14 11:01 PM
Hi Jerry ,

I'm trying to build WebRTC for Mac OS. Can you please help me? How to initiate ?

Thank you

On Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:03:11 AM UTC-4, loks wrote:
Hi Arik,

I am interested in building a Iphone WebRTC client to perform voice/
video chat.
I am new to libjingle and webRTC, please let me know how i can go
about developing the client on Iphone.
I would really appreciate if you can help me out here.

Regards
Lokesh

On Mar 19, 10:23 pm, arik <arik.halpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried to build WebRTC for iPhone? I will be happy to share some
> thoughts about this.
>
> Thanks,
> Arik
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 3/11/14 4:42 AM

It appears there has been progress on the iOS video rendering front with svn revision 5674. It tried compiling and running AppRTC with the latest svn revision 5677

I momentarily see video followed by a crash. I am using a iphone 4S. Anybody else have better luck ?

Mar 11 06:22:43 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: SDP onSuccess() - possibly drain candidates
Mar 11 06:22:43 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: SDP onSuccess - drain candidates
Mar 11 06:22:43 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: PCO onIceConnectionChange. 1
Mar 11 06:22:43 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: GAE onMessage type - candidate
Mar 11 06:22:43 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: GAE onMessage type - candidate
Mar 11 06:22:43 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: GAE onMessage type - candidate
Mar 11 06:22:44 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: PCO onIceGatheringChange. 2
Mar 11 06:22:44 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: GAE onMessage type - candidate
Mar 11 06:22:44 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: PCO onIceConnectionChange. 2
Mar 11 06:22:44 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: ICE Connection Connected.
Mar 11 06:22:44 iPhone4S AppRTCDemo[733] <Warning>: GAE onMessage type - candidate
Mar 11 06:22:45 iPhone4S ReportCrash[735] <Notice>: ReportCrash acting against PID 733
Mar 11 06:22:45 iPhone4S ReportCrash[735] <Notice>: Formulating crash report for process AppRTCDemo[733]
Mar 11 06:22:45 iPhone4S mediaserverd[46] <Warning>: 06:22:45.554 [0x4a90000] CMSession retain count > 1!
Mar 11 06:22:45 iPhone4S com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.google.AppRTCDemo[0x9f6d][733]) <Warning>: (UIKitApplication:com.google.AppRTCDemo[0x9f6d]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault: 11
Mar 11 06:22:45 iPhone4S backboardd[28] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:com.google.AppRTCDemo[0x9f6d]' exited abnormally with signal 11: Segmentation fault: 11
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Alexandre GOUAILLARD 3/11/14 5:31 AM
Hi,

sajid who provided the changes that appeared in r5674 here:

also found the same bug you reported after merging in chrome. He opened a ticket here if you want to follow:

I think things will only get stable when the tests will be hooked up as well, allowing more automated testing on different platforms and exposing the remaining bugs:

alex.

--

---

Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
CTO - Temasys Communications, S'pore / Mountain View
President - CoSMo Software, Cambridge, MA

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 3/11/14 8:23 AM
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the link to the new issue 3038. From the issue, it is not clear which patch Sajid is using when he reports success with a pristine revision5654+patch. His original patchset submission(https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/download/issue8479005_210001.diff) or the one re-worked by Ms.Fischman (https://webrtc-codereview.appspot.com/download/issue9229004_200001.diff)

Can you find out?

Thanks
Anand

On Tuesday, 11 March 2014 07:31:58 UTC-5, Alexandre GOUAILLARD wrote:
Hi,

sajid who provided the changes that appeared in r5674 here:

also found the same bug you reported after merging in chrome. He opened a ticket here if you want to follow:

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Alexandre GOUAILLARD 3/11/14 11:16 AM
it s 2 am, you should wait until he gets back to work around 10am SIN time.

--

---

Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
CTO - Temasys Communications, S'pore / Mountain View
President - CoSMo Software, Cambridge, MA

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Charles Cary 3/11/14 8:54 PM

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 3/12/14 3:59 PM
Alex,
Just to close the loop on this, thanks to the patch from your colleague Sajid, I am able to successfully have 2-way video with a debug version of AppRTCDemo(iOS) and chrome stable as reported in issue list 3038 by checking out a pristine revision 5664 and then applying this patchset

As Ami points out in https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=3038 , there is still an issue with the release build which she is chasing down.

Thanks

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Alexandre GOUAILLARD 3/12/14 6:13 PM
Hi,

No problem, happy we could help.

Sajid told me there is another issue than the one ami pointed out, and he is working on an additional patch/CL.

btw, ami is a "he' :-)

alex.

--

---

Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
CTO - Temasys Communications, S'pore / Mountain View
President - CoSMo Software, Cambridge, MA

Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sajid Hussain 3/20/14 10:17 PM
Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 3/26/14 12:32 PM
@sajid and @ami
Rather than chasing this ever evolving iOS build, I tried building with r5783 thinking it may be a stable version and we can take a breather in the chase since it is corresponds to

With pristine r5783, the Release build still crashes on r5783 and the Debug libs does not crash. Is this your experience too?

On Friday, 21 March 2014 00:17:26 UTC-5, Sajid Hussain wrote:
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 3/26/14 12:36 PM
iOS Release is still broken by webrtc:3038 (workaround in https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=3038#c23) and webm:603 (workaround in https://code.google.com/p/webm/issues/detail?id=603#c45).

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 3/26/14 1:00 PM

@Ami,
Thanks for the very prompt response concerning the broken iOS Release build in libvpx -- I will track Issue 3038. So we will stick to the Debug libs for the moment. Since you are spearheading the iOS commits, Is r5783 a stable version to work with  for iOS in your mind or do you recommend some different revision number while we begin to do some integration on our end now that the iOS libs are maturing?
Thanks
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 3/26/14 1:05 PM
I don't know of any breakages at that revision (last fix CL I'm aware of is 5782).

--

---

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ami Fischman 3/26/14 1:08 PM
Sorry, meant to say r5793.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC andy424 3/28/14 9:03 AM
@Ami

I just tried r5803 with Release Build of AppRTCDemo on iOS with an iPad2 with the change suggested in https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=3038#c23
and what do you know? It worked and did not crash.

Thanks
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ron Burgundy 4/22/14 10:10 AM
ever since the iOS code has been added in officially added from those side projects/patches, occasionally the video doesnt play through on the iOS side, just comes up blank. i filed a bug for it under the "issues" section but just figured this thread was a good place to drop it to hopefully get some attention given to it. have a production project that needs to be airtight within the next month or so and would really love some attention to be given to the issue.

thanks!!!!

https://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=3251&thanks=3251&ts=1398185995

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC SProgrammer 4/22/14 6:09 PM
iOS which version did it worked really any chance with 4.X?
i have tried and still none of it worked in 4.X

Can someone define worked in which version exactly?
Then just for test out of the shelf tried those and all of them failed in iOS still: Google Hangout failed, Zyngaya failed, tokbax failed, apprtc failed

Reg
Shamun
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sajid Hussain 4/22/14 8:08 PM
It can work on iOS 6.X and above.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sajid Hussain 4/22/14 8:15 PM
I got a somewhat similar behaviour and filed the following:

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC SProgrammer 4/23/14 12:06 AM
@Sajid Hussain: Thank you

- tested on iOS 4.3.1 failed
- tested on iOS 5 failed
* will collect one iOS 6
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Ron Burgundy 4/23/14 10:40 AM
yes that appears to be a similar problem. i can still reproduce it in the latest builds as of today.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC SProgrammer 4/26/14 3:55 PM
I upgraded iOS into 7.1.1 latest
> then tried apprtc.appspot and its failing, webRTC is not working in iOS yet, do not see selfview and do not see microphone getting loaded

iOS 4.3.1 same problem as in 7.1.1

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:08:00 AM UTC+2, Sajid Hussain wrote:
It can work on iOS 6.X and above.
Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC Sebastian Kummer 5/2/14 1:29 AM
Hi all,

I'd like to give a bit of a positive feedback & encouragement here ;-)

I got video running on iPhone & iPad (using iOS 7.1 and iOS 7.0.6; building with xCode 5.0.2). Thanks for your effort!

If you have trouble installing the app on a device, I recommend creating an IPA and installing it by Web-Deploy or the iPhone Utility on Windows (the Mac one is actally buggy).
Further, you me see the App crashing after the first launch, but after allowing microphone access, everything is alright.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Re: iPhone build for WebRTC SProgrammer 5/5/14 2:51 AM
YES - it Worked.

- I got it also working for iOS 7.1.1 (without Xcode)
- But when i tried with iOS 6, and 4 i was not able to make it work only iOS 7 seems to be working

Thanks

Reg
Shamun
More topics »