Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012?

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012? Ian Stuart 3/2/12 3:13 AM
I can possibly get my hands one one of these for a developer challenge
at the Open Repositories/Repository Fringe 2012 Developer Challenge
stuff.... would anyone be interested?

(I'm stiff trying to find out how one feeds a display to it, given
that the usual flat-panel monitor and the spherical pufferfish are
totally different :D )

--
Ian

Re: [dc] Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012? Ben O'Steen 3/2/12 3:25 AM
Is there a way to plug in a HDMI/VGA input to it or is it a black box thing, that requires the company that leases it to set it up?

Would be nice to get docs on how to format visuals for it if possible...

Ben
Re: [dc] Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012? Ian Stuart 3/2/12 3:30 AM
On 2 March 2012 11:25, Ben O'Steen <bos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to plug in a HDMI/VGA input to it or is it a black box thing,
> that requires the company that leases it to set it up?
>
> Would be nice to get docs on how to format visuals for it if possible...
This is what I'm trying to find out :)
(.... the man was busy, when I dropped by yesterday - however he was
keen on the idea in principle)

--
Ian

Re: [dc] Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012? 6tricky9 3/5/12 1:09 AM
On 2 March 2012 11:13, Ian Stuart <perl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

(I'm stiff trying to find out how one feeds a display to it, given
that the usual flat-panel monitor and the spherical pufferfish are
totally different :D )

Is it one of those erotic pufferfishes?

Richard Melville
Re: [dc] Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012? Ian Stuart 3/5/12 1:35 AM
Apparent you need to "sphereize" your output (the projector inside the
pufferfish globe just takes a standard VGA connector - the magic is
optical/mechanical)

http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/domemirror/faq.html seems a good
place to start

--
Ian

Re: [dc] Pufferfish display at RepoFringe 2012? Ben O'Steen 3/5/12 1:40 AM
Ah excellent - great link too. I'll have a play :)

Ben

--
Ian