Developer companion extension activation shrinks Firefox window.

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Developer companion extension activation shrinks Firefox window. James Price 8/31/11 3:27 PM
Hi, I've been using the Developer Companion since it's inception after
switching from FirePHP library.
Wonderful piece of software! Thanks for all your hard work!
However, I'm having a strange problem and it happens on every machine
I install the extension onto.

Since Firefox 4.x (including firefox 5 and 6) whenever I activate the
developer companion extension my firefox window shrinks to a tiny
little box in the corner of the screen and I have to drag it back out
to a normal window size.

If I have two browser windows open (regardless of the number of tabs)
only one of the two (the active browser window) shrinks, the other
remains unaffected.

If the extension is enabled when I launch Firefox, the same thin
happens.
If the extension is not enabled, no problems.

This is happening on my work PC, my notebook and my home PC.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on all 3 machines (hopefully this
isn't the problem!)
Currently running Firefox 6.0 (about to try an updated version - will
let you know how I go)

I have a few virtual machines running XP 32 bit and other OS's so I'll
give those a whirl to see if it's the OS or the 64-bit that causing
the problem.

Cheers.
James.
Re: [devcomp] Developer companion extension activation shrinks Firefox window. DeveloperCompanion 8/31/11 3:53 PM
Hi James,

Thanks for the compliments!

The issue you are describing has been discussed here:

http://groups.google.com/group/devcomp/browse_thread/thread/8d2895b51bf00968

I hope to have a proper solution soon.

Christoph