|Re: [derby-makers] visting 'derby makers' and assistance sourcing polyester resin||Amanda McLaren||9/24/12 6:54 AM|
Yes please do come down and visit tomorrow, we're around 7pm - 9pm. You might want to bring some loose change for a cupper - tea or coffee (soft drinks also available) but no other fee/donation required. You may also be interested in visiting Nottingham Hackspace - their open evenings are on Wednesdays. If you come along tomorrow we can give you more info on this - or just visit their site http://nottinghack.org.uk/
If you're travelling by car you can park outside the Silk Mill on the driveway - if you need any assistance with directions just let me know.
Sorry can't help you on the second point.
Hope to see you tomorrow.
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM, robin paulson <robin....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Derby Makers,
T: 0777 28 48 892
|Re: visting 'derby makers' and assistance sourcing polyester resin||robin paulson||9/26/12 2:40 AM|
thanks for hosting me last night, it was great to meet you all, and see where the maker scene is going in derby.
there were a few things we talked about last night, unfortunately there were so many names i can't recall who said what
* the web address of our spaces in auckland are:
http://tangleball.org.nz - you may also want to check this page, to see our projects past, present and future:
http://www.meetup.com/DIYbio-Auckland/ (this group is very young, less than a month, so the site is only on meetup at the moment)
* to the guy who was talking about the dunedin space, the person in our group doing the inter-space community stuff is jaco van der merwe. i'm sure he's been in touch with them.
* i found the place that does the polyester resin for my casting, cheers for suggesting that
* could you point me to some of the photos from your 'what if?'/rube goldberg machines? they looked fascinating, and it's something we have tried with not much success so far in auckland. perhaps we can get some inspiration from your ideas?
* there was some other stuff, which i've forgotten. please remind if possible
|Re: visting 'derby makers' and assistance sourcing polyester resin||Hydrophilous||9/26/12 3:51 AM|
Glad you had fun last night!
I've some photos from the What If? Machine on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrophilous/sets/72157631601116820/