Thank you!

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Thank you! ciwrl 12/19/13 12:19 PM
All,

Steve has already "spilled the beans", but I wanted to follow up with a better post than his in-passing comments (which some of you may have missed).

The Oppo N1 device running CyanogenMod 10.2 has officially passed Google's CTS and CDD certification programs, which marks a major milestone for everyone in this project, not just those working on the N1 project itself. This has been something a long time in the making, ever since CM 4.0.4.

I'd like to think that we've always approached CM as something useful to release - not just a 'me too' OS or something just to hack on; we put honest thought into our implementations.

Maintainers, feature developers, translators and support members alike are at the frontlines in seeing that there is a demand for what we as a team have accomplished (even if the constant requests for devices and etas gets annoying). With the certification process complete, we can not only say that we built the Android OS that users (and we) want to use, but that through it all, the code, fixes, enhancements and features you all have taken the time to do are solid - and in a sense, validated. Aside from root access, we were not forced to make any compromises in terms of features or functionality (even the theme engine passed - no small feat considering it was rejected from AOSP).

There are a lot of sleepless nights, and sometimes we disagree on things, but all parts make the whole and this should be seen as an achievement for all involved. We're not going to stop here though, there is always more we can work on, more devices to bring-up and more features to provide to the community.

A heartfelt thank you from myself, and everyone else relying on the awesome stuff you guys do.

Tangent

As Steve also mentioned (before I was ready >_>), I am working on giveaways and contests as tokens of appreciation for contributors and users. To be perfectly honest, I will not be able to provide something to everyone, it just doesn't work that way: 73 (in -priv atm) * $600 = $43800; yikes!.

Likewise, I have a close relationship with all/most of you, so it is simply too easy for this to divert into accusations that I'm picking favorites or w/e else drama. As such, if you have responded to or completed the request in my last post (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cyanogenmod-dev/vDbeq0KBGOI) you have been automatically entered into a 'frequent contributors only' appreciation thing (I need to work on a catchy name). This will be a two part thing for you all, with even chances for all (Cyngn emps are DQ'd). A follow up email will be sent to handle that.

In parallel, there will be a community wide giveaway, which you will also be allowed to participate in. That'll be announced in a more public forum - so keep an eye on that.

I hope to continue doing these giveaways and so on, so even if you don't get lucky (hehehe) on this go around, it doesn't mean you are SOL.