FW: Inventory of FLOSS in the Cultural Heritage Domain

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
FW: Inventory of FLOSS in the Cultural Heritage Domain Vladimir Alexiev 4/5/12 1:17 AM

Dear EuropeanaTECH Community,

As part of the Europeana Version 2 project we have made available the first
iteration of an Inventory of FLOSS in the Cultural Heritage Domain. (BTW
FLOSS stands for free/libre/open source software).

You can view the public Google Spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag_7rVJwt0CpdFRJOEJxdEk4ZEMxQ01
jaDgxQXFSTkE

It is also mention as a first resource on our page on Europeana Pro:
http://pro.europeana.eu/web/network/europeana-tech/

We hope this will become a valuable resource to the Europeana Network, and
especially the developers within the EuropeanaTECH community. But to ensure
this will happen, we need your help!

As you can see, there is still quite some empty cells within the spreadsheet
(we are particularly interested in the specific licenses that apply to these
tools).

And we are also quite positive that there are still numerous open source
tools and applications in the cultural heritage domain that can be included
in this inventory.

People that want to contribute to this inventory can obtain edit rights to
the spreadsheet by sending me an email (mbrin...@beeldengeluid.nl).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Maarten Brinkerink=