Third batch?

Showing 21-52 of 52 messages
Third batch? lamvak 10/16/12 2:09 AM
Hi!
What are the prospects for the third batch? :)
Re: Third batch? István Nagy 10/17/12 5:23 AM
I guess these are the 1GB boards which were on sale Aliexpress two weeks ago, right?
I'm waiting three 1GB boards aswell :)

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 11:09:27 UTC+2, lamvak wrote:
Hi!
What are the prospects for the third batch? :)
Re: Third batch? Clinton Lee Taylor 10/17/12 5:40 AM
Greetings ...

 Also would like to put an order of a few, but have not yet been notified that there are boards or where to pre-order.  I do remember seeing a link - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/cubieboard-prototype-1G-2012-8-8-revision/511685_652108200.html
but it's reporting "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" ...

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT

Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? hramrach 10/17/12 5:47 AM
On 16 October 2012 11:09, lamvak <lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> What are the prospects for the third batch? :)

Also, will it be available only through aliexpress or also through
some shop that is really able to process payments?

Thanks

Michal
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Henrik Nordström 10/17/12 11:29 AM
ons 2012-10-17 klockan 14:46 +0200 skrev Michal Suchanek:
From what I have understood the plans are that there will be a shop at
the cubieboard site. But aliexpress is used for now for international
sales.

Regards
Henrik

Re: Third batch? István Nagy 10/17/12 1:32 PM
I've ordered my boards here but it was limited in amount.
Still haven't received anything about Aliexpress that the boards are shipped but i guess it's only being packaged right now. Or maybe it will be only from the third batch because on Aliexpress you could order the 1GB version but in another topic someone wrote that a batch of 512MB boards has just arrived. So i actually don't have a clue what's going on with the 1GB boards :D
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Tom Cubie 10/18/12 4:41 AM
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM, lamvak <lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> What are the prospects for the third batch? :)

The pcb of third batch is making now. We will make 1k pcb first. This
batch has fixed known hardware bug of the 2012-08-08.

The second batch will start shipping this weekend, 150 pcs total, all
1GB version. Those who have ordered 512MB on aliepxress in the first
batch and not shipped will get a free upgrade to 1GB.

Keep simple, stay foolish.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? ivan.mironov 10/18/12 4:57 AM
18.10.2012 17:41, Tom Cubie пишет:
Hello!

Is there a list of known (and/or fixed) hardware bugs somewhere?

--

Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Alejandro Mery 10/18/12 5:00 AM
some pins in the sata header were swapped. all 2012-08-08 boards (1st

On 18 October 2012 13:41, Tom Cubie <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM, lamvak <lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What are the prospects for the third batch? :)
>
> The pcb of third batch is making now. We will make 1k pcb first. This
> batch has fixed known hardware bug of the 2012-08-08.
>
> The second batch will start shipping this weekend, 150 pcs total, all
> 1GB version. Those who have ordered 512MB on aliepxress in the first
> batch and not shipped will get a free upgrade to 1GB.
 Awesome!!

 When will the store open for more orders?

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Piotr Miedzik 10/18/12 5:26 AM
I hope it will be open in 1 month

2012/10/18 C.Lee Taylor <le...@leenx.org>:
>  When will the store open for more orders?
>
> Thanks
> Mailed
> LeeT

Piotr Miedzik
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? cubieboard 10/18/12 5:27 AM
Yes, and add a big dot of silicone on the back of the board to hide
the ugly yellow capacity.

> --

Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Tom Cubie 10/18/12 5:30 AM
Most are minor bugs like the hole of the ir is too small that the ir
is too tall, some boards can not power on with hdmi cable plugged in
etc.

The biggest bug is the sata pin swapped and we have fixed manually by
adding a capacity on every board.

> --
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? István Nagy 10/23/12 7:56 AM
Do we get any email from Aliexpress if our orders are being shipped?
I haven't received anything so i assume i'll get my boards from the third batch.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Sergey Lapin 10/23/12 8:14 AM
Hi, all!

When I will be able to order new board with 1GB of RAM?
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? kse 10/23/12 8:35 AM

Am Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2012 16:56:51 UTC+2 schrieb István Nagy:
Do we get any email from Aliexpress if our orders are being shipped?

yes, as soon as they ship your order, they mark your order as shipped and  aliexpress will send you an eMail notification.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Alejandro Mery 10/23/12 8:37 AM
afaik the second batch covers everyone who already paid
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Itai Tavor 10/25/12 1:42 PM
Just thought y'all might like to know that when Tom says you'll get a free 1GB upgrade, what he really means is you'll get it if he feels like it. I didn't. Even after I explicitly asked for the upgrade AND offered to pay for it.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Alejandro Mery 10/25/12 1:46 PM
On 25/10/12 22:42, Itai Tavor wrote:
> Just thought y'all might like to know that when Tom says you'll get a
> free 1GB upgrade, what he really means is you'll get it if he feels
> like it. I didn't. Even after I explicitly asked for the upgrade AND
> offered to pay for it.

sure yours wasn't from the first batch (and already posted when he said
that)? iirc the second didn't have 512M units.

best regards,
Alejandro Mery
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? lamvak 10/25/12 1:50 PM
Please, please, please stay on topic. At least for the sake of ones observing the subject, like myself.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Itai Tavor 10/25/12 2:52 PM
Please explain how issues with fulfilment of orders are not on topic for a list dedicated to a product.

Also I'd like to know what makes you special, that I would need to censor myself because of you.

--

Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Alejandro Mery 10/25/12 2:54 PM
On 25 October 2012 23:52, Itai Tavor <itai....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please explain how issues with fulfilment of orders are not on topic for a
> list dedicated to a product.
>
> Also I'd like to know what makes you special, that I would need to censor
> myself because of you.

make a new thread, don't kidnap this one.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? lamvak 10/25/12 2:55 PM
Because the thread is about the (prospects of the) third batch. That's what I'm waiting to hear about.
Re: [cubieboard] Third batch? Itai Tavor 10/25/12 3:02 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry. I responded to Tom's post about a free upgrade. Bad me for responding to a post in the thread it was posted in? Because it's not what *you're* waiting to hear about?

No need for a new thread, this is over. Tom's bad at customer service and you're bad at communicating. Have fun.

--

Re: Third batch? lamvak 11/16/12 8:19 AM
Any updates?

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:09:27 AM UTC+2, lamvak wrote:
Hi!
What are the prospects for the third batch? :)
Re: [cubieboard] Re: Third batch? Henrik Nordström 11/16/12 10:41 AM
fre 2012-11-16 klockan 08:19 -0800 skrev lamvak:
> Any updates?
> lamvak

The following is my understanding of the situation:

It was previously reported 1000 of the PCBs (only the PCB without
components) have been produced and verified.

When money arrives from the iniegogo campaign the boards will be
soldered, and also more boards produced to cover the amount of perks
requested on indiegogo. It may take a couple of weeks for the money
transfer and some additional weeks to solder the boards depending on
time availability at the factory.

If we are lucky the boards can ship in time for Christmas, but it is a
very tight schedule. I think some time in January i a more realistic
expectation.

Regards
Henrik

Re: [cubieboard] Re: Third batch? Adam Bialas 11/16/12 10:52 AM
It will be very nice Christmas gift , to get cubieboard :)

W dniu piątek, 16 listopada 2012 19:41:36 UTC+1 użytkownik Henrik Nordström napisał:
Re: [cubieboard] Re: Third batch? Drew 11/16/12 12:49 PM
Christmas would be nice..  Can't wait to tinker with this..
Also thanks in advanced for all the great work people have done with this platform already that makes learning this system that much easier!
Re: [cubieboard] Re: Third batch? SunshineDigital 11/17/12 8:14 AM
I can live with January. If it is after Chinese New Years, it may be too long.  Lots of Chinese work hard up until the Chinese New Years for their year end bonuses, then quite to find a new job.

And of course, it is just plain old bad luck in Chinese culture to go into a new year with unfinished business debts.

Good luck and as the saying goes - everybody get rich.  Christmas is not important in Asia, but deliveries to the western world a huge nightmare.  January is a much better target.
Re: Third batch? SunshineDigital 11/17/12 8:18 AM
I suspect that a Third Batch will not open up until production is complete on the second. CubieBoard has enough to renegotiate as it is.  Closure between batches is just about the only way to make sure that this doesn't go into the red and start promising things that cannot be fulfilled.

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:09:27 PM UTC+8, lamvak wrote:
Hi!
What are the prospects for the third batch? :)
Re: Third batch? seahorse 11/17/12 9:58 AM
I would rather prefer nothing is shipped in December, especially during the second half of December. There will be huge numbers of shipping for the holidays and this will increase the risk of lost/"abandoned" packages. I rather wait until January ;-)
Re: [cubieboard] Re: Third batch? Alejandro Mery 11/17/12 10:00 AM
On 17 November 2012 18:58, seahorse <mailbo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would rather prefer nothing is shipped in December, especially during the
> second half of December. There will be huge numbers of shipping for the
> holidays and this will increase the risk of lost/"abandoned" packages. I
> rather wait until January ;-)

very good point