mysql cluster

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
mysql cluster twb 9/20/12 9:55 AM
I think mysql cluster now supports persistency for memcache as well as plugin, how can couchbase differentiate itself?
Re: mysql cluster Matt Ingenthron 9/20/12 10:23 AM
On 9/20/12 9:55 AM, "twb" <brea...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think mysql cluster now supports persistency for memcache as well as
>plugin, how can couchbase differentiate itself?

In a number of ways... just to name a few:
- How do you redistribute the data when you need to scale up or down?
- How does the application side handle changes in database deployment
topology?  With Couchbase, this is dynamic and automatic using a simple
REST bootstrap.
- Does the managed cache in MySQL take the same approach as in Couchbase--
this was specifically designed and built for the kinds of apps Couchbase
is suitable for.
- How do you get insights into how the cluster is operating and manage it?
 Couchbase has built a lot of the UI/management utilities in-- and they're
really needed to make managing a cluster like this sane.

I could go on, but I'll leave you with the thought that it's actually
pretty easy to implement memcached protocol.  A number of things have over
the years.  It's quite another matter to make the system behind the
protocol have the right behavior to run a big, scalable app off of.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Re: mysql cluster twb 9/21/12 10:58 AM
That's what I need. Some expert insights into the differences .

However except mysql cluster only has cli management console, and not too sure about managed cache, once again the rest looks pretty similar.

http://www.mysql.com/products/cluster/features.html

Re: mysql cluster twb 9/21/12 10:59 AM
Re: mysql cluster twb 9/21/12 10:59 AM