New release: 0.2.20

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
New release: 0.2.20 sbahra 7/18/13 10:30 AM
I am pleased to announce release 0.2.20 of Concurrency Kit. This
release adds support for Intel TSX extensions in the form of the
ck_pr_rtm interface, support for lock elision, a ck_hs_move operation
and includes support for reader-writer cohort locks.

Thanks to Brendon Scheinman <bscheinman@gm...> for his contribution of
a generalized read-write cohort implementation. These locks are
designed for NUMA-awareness. Reader-preference, writer preference and
neutral algorithms have been added. Please see the documentation for
additional information.

ck_sequence interface has been slightly changed. More specifically,
ck_sequence_read_retry has been modified to take an unsigned int
rather than uint32_t for portability reasons.

is_locked functionality has been added to all spinlocks and ck_rwlock.

Thanks to Andi Kleen for insightful feedback on lock elision.

Download:
 http://concurrencykit.org/releases/ck-0.2.20.tar.gz
 http://concurrencykit.org/releases/ck-0.2.20.zip
 http://concurrencykit.org/releases/ck-0.2.20.spec

Regards.
--
Samy Al Bahra [http://repnop.org]
Re: New release: 0.2.20 John Peacock 8/23/13 2:08 PM

John

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:30:02 PM UTC-4, sbahra wrote:
I am pleased to announce release 0.2.20 of Concurrency Kit. This
release adds support for Intel TSX extensions in the form of the
ck_pr_rtm interface, support for lock elision, a ck_hs_move operation
and includes support for reader-writer cohort locks.

unk...@googlegroups.com 8/23/13 2:09 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: New release: 0.2.20 John Peacock 8/23/13 2:50 PM
Hrrrrmmmm, ignore me; something was going wrong with our build system...

John

On Friday, August 23, 2013 5:08:01 PM UTC-4, John Peacock wrote:
I just noticed that src/ck_hp.c is missing from the 0.2.20 tarball (I didn't check the zip file, but I assume it is missing there too).  This causes the `make regressions` target fails to complete although `make install` works fine.

Re: New release: 0.2.20 Samy Bahra 8/23/13 6:49 PM
Phew ;-)

Sent from my iPhone
Re: New release: 0.2.20 Devon H. O'Dell 8/23/13 11:07 PM
Dat atlassian.

2013/8/23 Samy Bahra <sba...@appnexus.com>:
Re: New release: 0.2.20 John Peacock 8/29/13 12:30 PM
Nah, I'm just an idiot:

# Clobber the hazard pointers code to guarantee that we can't accidentally
# use it (it has some problematic Intellectual Property encumbrances)
: > src/ck_hp.c

John