Richard Harter

Showing 1-14 of 14 messages
Richard Harter Richard Harter 4/24/12 7:47 PM
To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
away April 20, 2012.

I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
why he has quit corresponding.
Re: Richard Harter John Bode 4/24/12 8:10 PM
My condolences.  Richard always came across as a very smart and very cool guy.
Re: Richard Harter Ben Bacarisse 4/25/12 3:42 AM
c...@tiac.net (Richard Harter) writes:

> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
>
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

That is very sad news.  I am so sorry.  Thank you for taking the time to
let everyone here know.

--
Ben.
Re: Richard Harter jacob navia 4/25/12 4:44 AM
Le 25/04/12 04:47, Richard Harter a écrit :
> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
>
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us Madam.

Re: Richard Harter Walter Banks 4/25/12 9:13 AM

Richard Harter wrote:

> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
>
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

News groups are communities of acquaintances with common interests.
This community will miss his many contributions.

I for one will miss his reasoned comments to the endless debates here
on many topics.

My condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Walter..

Re: Richard Harter Dr Nick 4/25/12 12:51 PM
Indeed.  A long-term poster who took the time to explain his position on
things and help others.  He'll be missed here.
--
Online waterways route planner            | http://canalplan.eu
Plan trips, see photos, check facilities  | http://canalplan.org.uk
c...@tiac.net (Richard Harter) writes:
> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
>
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

I'm sorry for your loss (and for ours, which while significant is hardly
comparable).  Richard will be missed.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
    Will write code for food.
On 4/25/2012 19:21, Keith Thompson wrote:
> c...@tiac.net (Richard Harter) writes:
>> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
>> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
>> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
>> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
>> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
>> away April 20, 2012.
>>
>> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
>> why he has quit corresponding.
>
> I'm sorry for your loss (and for ours, which while significant is hardly
> comparable).  Richard will be missed.

He surely will.
Re: Richard Harter io_x 4/26/12 2:09 AM
"Richard Harter" <c...@tiac.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

my condolences, "condoglianze"

Re: Richard Harter BruceS 4/26/12 7:57 AM
On Apr 24, 8:47 pm, c...@tiac.net (Richard Harter) wrote:
> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
>
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  Thank you for letting us know.
Re: Richard Harter Tim Rentsch 5/7/12 4:38 PM
c...@tiac.net (Richard Harter) writes:

> To all who have corresponded with Richard over the years.
> March 18 Richard became very ill and I (Deb) his wife took him to
> the Emergency Room.  Richard went through a very difficult month
> in the ICU and then was taken off the ventilator and dialysis.
> We then went to Dougherty Hospice House where he peacefully slipped
> away April 20, 2012.
>
> I don't know his newsgroup corresponders but I wanted you all to know
> why he has quit corresponding.

In addition to postings in the newsgroup, I also exchanged
an email or two with Richard over the years.  Pretty much
at a loss for words.  I sent a personal note to his old
email address (which hasn't bounced), hopefully that will
get through to someone.  My sympathies to Deb, and thank
you to everyone else who responded to the note here.
Re: Richard Harter Malcolm McLean 5/12/12 7:00 AM
בתאריך יום רביעי, 25 באפריל 2012 03:47:33 UTC+1, מאת Richard Harter:
Richard was a knowledgeable and valued contributor to this forum, and will be sadly missed.
Rest in Peace.
Re: Richard Harter hers...@yahoo.com 6/10/12 11:32 AM
Richard was a class act in a newsgroup where that is sometimes rare.  My
condolences.
Re: Richard Harter Twain Benson 6/11/12 10:30 PM
Richard was a decent person, to me at least.  While it saddens me that
one is gone, I'm surprised at how many of you jerks are still here.
--
Twain