Too may open files with browser REPL

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Too may open files with browser REPL Roman Scherer 1/28/14 1:07 PM
Hello Clojure Scripters,

with my current REPL setup I get some really annoying "Too many
files open" errors. I'm not sure if it's a problem with
ClojureScript itself, Austin the browser REPL, nREPL or my own
miss-configuration of something.

When I connect to the browser REPL via AUSTIN and eval a whole
ClojureScript file the first time a lot of Ajax requests are sent
over the wire and my main namespace is getting compiled and
shipped to the browser. So far so good, my Java process is at
around 18676 open files. I don't care yet.

Compiling the same file again and again increases the open files

not sure if this is a problem with my setup, but I

18676, 19266, 22750, 21352, 33097, 62913, 64398, 64398, 64398,
64398, 64398 up to 171977, where some ulimit is reached and I get
an exception like this:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: .repl/5614/request/routes.js (Too many open files)

and my ClojureScript hangs up and I have to do a
cider-restart. Ok maybe I shouldn't eval whole files too often
over the XHR connection, but this seems not right.

I used the command "lsof -n | grep java | wc -l" to watch the
above numbers while evaluating the file again and again.

Does someone had a similar problem, knows how to solve that, or
has any ideas how to track this one down?

Thanks for your help, Roman.

Re: Too may open files with browser REPL Roman Scherer 1/28/14 1:40 PM
It's not Austin. Same result with piggieback only. Next I will
try it without piggieback, if I can remember how to get the
browser REPL working in the old days ...
Re: Too may open files with browser REPL Roman Scherer 1/28/14 2:19 PM
Piggieback is also from the list. Surprisingly, With the plain
ClojureScript browser REPL I get the error much earlier :(

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:07:24 PM UTC+1, Roman Scherer wrote:

Re: Too may open files with browser REPL Roman Scherer 1/28/14 3:53 PM
Ok, I think I found the problem.

http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJS-753

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:07:24 PM UTC+1, Roman Scherer wrote:

Re: [ClojureScript] Re: Too may open files with browser REPL David Nolen 1/28/14 4:17 PM
I suspected as much, thanks for taking care of this so quickly. Will get this in before the next release.

---

Re: [ClojureScript] Re: Too may open files with browser REPL Roman Scherer 1/29/14 1:16 AM
Thanks for merging.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ClojureScript" group.

Re: [ClojureScript] Re: Too may open files with browser REPL Chas Emerick 1/29/14 1:42 AM
That was a fantastic bit of detective work, Roman.  (For something I
probably should have caught a while ago when I was in there.)  Thank you
for your perseverance.

- Chas