"A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure"

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
"A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant 10/24/12 9:02 PM
Hi,

I have submitted my honours dissertation for marking, for those

Corrections welcome!

Thanks,
Ambrose
Re: "A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" Nicola Mometto 10/25/12 4:08 AM
Hi Ambrose, great work!

I found a typo on page 14, you wrote "... equivalent to [-> (U nil String] in Typed Clojure"

2012/10/25 Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant <abonnair...@gmail.com>

Re: "A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant 10/25/12 4:37 AM
Nice catch! Thanks!
Re: "A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" raould 10/25/12 9:29 AM
super cool!!!

apparently Racket just had another paper along those lines, won at OOPSLA:
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/racket/pubs/oopsla12-tsdthf.pdf

more about how to "promote" from "dynamic" to statically typed stuff.
wadler had some talk about that before, about having a firewall of
sorts, i think.

hope this kind of stuff also some day gets over to erlang/lfe. :-)
Re: "A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" Stathis Sideris 11/5/12 4:58 AM
Hello Ambrose,

Thanks for your great work, I look forward to using Typed Clojure!

Tiny correction: there is a double "are" on page 9: "Listing 1.5 shows a simple example of using singleton types in Typed Clojure.
Singleton types are are discussed further in section 2.5."

Stathis
Re: "A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" Stathis Sideris 11/5/12 5:26 AM
Another one:

Page 31,
"This mean that at compile time we cannot completely trust the type signature of any Java method or eld that involves an array."

should be:

"This means that at compile time we cannot completely trust the type signature of any Java method or eld that involves an array."
Re: "A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure" Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant 11/5/12 6:01 AM
Many thanks!

I'd prefer if typos and corrections could be directed to my personal email, rather than the Clojure group :)

Thanks,
Ambrose