ClojureScript mailing list?

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
ClojureScript mailing list? Wolodja Wentland 7/28/11 6:53 AM
Hi all,

given the recent interest in ClojureScript and the resulting influx of mails
regarding it I was wondering if a distinct mailing list for it would make
sense. What do you think?
--
Wolodja <bab...@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC

> given the recent interest in ClojureScript and the resulting influx of mails
> regarding it I was wondering if a distinct mailing list for it would make
> sense. What do you think?

I'll inc that.

-Phil

Re: ClojureScript mailing list? David Nolen 7/28/11 10:10 AM
I'll dec that.

David
Re: ClojureScript mailing list? Devin Walters (devn) 7/28/11 10:36 AM
I don't think there has been a significant enough influx of mail on the list to warrant the creation of a new, separate list. There are so many similarities between the two that I think we'd run into situations where people felt that the ClojureScript list was getting too much Clojure in it. The division between the two is thin enough to make me think we should keep one list.

In addition, almost all of the mail I've seen on the Clojure list has been relevant to both Clojure and ClojureScript in general. There are some exceptions for items I believe fit the clojure-dev list better, and some exceptions for items I don't believe fit this (or any) list at all, but I have a feeling these are just some minor growing pains that will work themselves out as time goes on.

After all, the announcement is pretty fresh. Let's let the dust settle a bit before we go and try to grow another head.

Devin

Re: ClojureScript mailing list? Stefan Kamphausen 7/28/11 1:46 PM
dec

I'd like to follow all that in one place and it's not that much, yet.  Maybe that will change with time.

When the subject lines don't tell which dialect is meant, it may be time to create a dedicated list.  But even then, some questions will clearly regard both dialects.

Regards,
Stefan
Re: ClojureScript mailing list? Anthony Grimes 7/28/11 1:59 PM
Going to have to dec. A lot of ClojureScript questions in the future (after there are less bugs and everything is more stable) will probably be answerable by plain ol' Clojure programmers, since most of them will likely be normal Clojure problems unrelated to JavaScript. I think it should stay here for maximum exposure.
Re: ClojureScript mailing list? Sean Corfield 7/28/11 4:33 PM
+1 to (dec op-suggestion) for the reasons that Devin, Stefan and Anthony gave...

Also on #clojure (IRC) one of the core team said discussion about
ClojureScript would happen here so I don't think there would be much
"management" support for splitting ClojureScript out.

Sean

Re: ClojureScript mailing list? Alan D. Salewski 8/13/11 12:18 PM
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:36:08PM -0500, Devin Walters spake thus:

> I don't think there has been a significant enough influx of mail on the list to warrant the creation of a new, separate list. There are so many similarities between the two that I think we'd run into situations where people felt that the ClojureScript list was getting too much Clojure in it. The division between the two is thin enough to make me think we should keep one list.
>
> In addition, almost all of the mail I've seen on the Clojure list has been relevant to both Clojure and ClojureScript in general. There are some exceptions for items I believe fit the clojure-dev list better, and some exceptions for items I don't believe fit this (or any) list at all, but I have a feeling these are just some minor growing pains that will work themselves out as time goes on.
>
> After all, the announcement is pretty fresh. Let's let the dust settle a bit before we go and try to grow another head.
>
> Devin

I'll inc /that/.

-Al

Re: ClojureScript mailing list? PntBlnk 8/17/11 2:38 AM

The following will work for GMail users. I expect that many mail clients have similar functionality.

In Mail Settings > Labels create a new Label for ClojureScript. I nested it below Clojure in my settings.
In Mail Settings > Filters create a new filter for ClojureScript. Set the criteria to To: clo...@googlegroups.com, Has the Words: ClojureScript

If you already have a Clojure Label and Filter:
In Mail Settings > Filters edit your existing Clojure filter and add the value "ClojureScript" in the Doesn't Have field.

This is a fairly good substitute for two separate lists.

Hope someone finds my suggestion useful.

Regards,
Paul