Categories: Report an Issue and Get Troubleshooting Help : Dev : Chromebook :

Disable wifi does not stay disabled

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Disable wifi does not stay disabled Chromebook afficionado 7/11/12 3:44 PM
Dev Channel:

Version 21.0.1180.33 dev
Platform 2465.55.0 (Official Build) dev-channel x86-mario
Firmware Mario.03.60.1120.0038G5.0018d

report filed.
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled shogun 7/11/12 4:19 PM
under normal conditions (not shutting lid or power cycle)?
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled Chromebook afficionado 7/11/12 4:21 PM
yes under normal conditions
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled shogun 7/11/12 5:20 PM
confirmed and wrenched.

-=g=-
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled shogun 7/11/12 6:35 PM
even worse, tinkering with 3g  and wifi froze the ui and required a hard reset (battery removal). repeatable for me, its locked up 3x

to reproduce:

disable wifi
enable 3g
wifi renables and shuts off 3g
disable wifi again
try to enable 3g again
frozen
remove battery to recover properly

uggh!
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled Will 7/11/12 6:38 PM
Similar, I gotten booted to the sign-in screen after doing the same.
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled Chromebook afficionado 7/11/12 7:43 PM
similar as well, didn't have to pull the battery but I did have to reboot and it took a while to even be able to do that.
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled - Melissa Daniels - 7/12/12 5:47 PM
Thanks guys. I'll file.
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled - Melissa Daniels - 7/12/12 5:59 PM
Bug: http://code.google.com/p/chromium-os/issues/detail?id=32555
Re: Disable wifi does not stay disabled shogun 7/12/12 6:09 PM
thanks melissa.  will star and post comments.

also seeing more networking related bugs with this release

3g icon and connectivity goes away after sleeping (closing lid, open lid timeout) and doesn't comeback with out a reboot.
not connecting to un-broadcast-ed SSID even though it is defined in preferred network list

-=g=-