Columbus Mini Maker Faire meeting for Makers - Tonight!

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Columbus Mini Maker Faire meeting for Makers - Tonight! Ethan 8/20/12 7:49 AM
Greetings, Local Makers,

For those of you who are interested in being a part of the Columbus
Mini Maker Faire, I'm forwarding an announcement from Alex Bandar
about the first of the organizational meetings, to be held *tonight*
at the Columbus Idea Foundry.  I apologize for the short notice, but
if you can attend, you should attend.

I hope to see a number of you tonight, and again this Wednesday for
the rescheduled August MakerBot meetup.

-ethan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: maker fairecbus <makerfa...@gmail.com>
Subject: Columbus Mini Maker Faire!

Hello!

I'd like to invite you to exhibit at the Columbus Mini Maker Faire!

My name is Alex, and I am the director of the Columbus Idea Foundry,
the sponsoring organization for the Mini Maker Faire in Columbus.  If
you're not familiar with Maker Faires, they are a celebration of DIY
arts and technology (www.MakerFaire.com).  We're extremely proud to be
sponsoring the Columbus "Mini" Maker Faire, and we're grateful to COSI
for offering to co-host the event at their museum!

I'm also in the process of seeking out more sponsorships, and it is my
hope and intention to offer tables and booths for free to our
exhibitors.  In the event that I cannot find enough sponsors to cover
all of our booth and table rentals at COSI, I'd like to do an informal
poll and find out what you would be willing to pay for the opportunity
to exhibit at Columbus' first Mini Maker Faire.  I'd also like to meet
with anyone interested in showcasing their wares.  I'll be having our
first Exhibitors' Meeting on Monday, August 20th, from 7pm-9pm, at the
Columbus Idea Foundry (address below).

Thus, I'd be grateful if you could do the following 4 things:

1) RSVP to this email address if you can make the Monday, 8/20 meeting
(if you can't, don't worry, I'll be holding multiple meetings over the
next few weeks)

2) Like us on http://www.facebook.com/ColumbusMiniMakerFaire,

3) Send us a link or a photo of your products, or bring them to the
meeting on Monday, 8/20, so that we can photograph them for
promotional purposes

4) Please reply with an amount you would be comfortable paying for a
booth or table fee, in the event that I cannot find enough sponsors to
cover all of our exhibitors.

Thanks again.  I look forward to meeting all of you, and I'm extremely
excited about our upcoming Faire!!!

cheers,

Alex
614-893-6053