10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows

Showing 1-13 of 13 messages
10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Mohammad 2/8/12 5:55 AM
The attached file demonstrates a step by step setup of modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 using CodeBlocks IDE on windows.
A sample object based Fortran 2003 / 2008 code can be downloaded from the following page
 http://mfort.codeplex.com/
to shows the capabilities of CB with Fortran Project.

Comments are welcome and can be included in this tutorial.

All the best
/Mohammad
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows asmwarrior 2/8/12 6:20 AM
The PDF document is really NICE!!!

There are many code change in C::B's codecompletion plugin source in the recent weeks, so I guess the cbfortran maintainer may take some time to adjust the cbfortran project. :-)

asmwarrior
ollydbg from codeblocks' forum
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows darmar 2/9/12 3:46 AM
Thank you Mohammad for the nice introduction how to setup gfortran and C::B IDE. Maybe could you upload this file somewhere on internet? I would like to add a link to this file on CBFortran page.
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Mohammad 2/15/12 8:01 AM
Darius,
 I will send you a modified version! I will also put it on the net and
share the download link!
Please let me know if you have any comments!

/Mohammad

Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Ali 2/17/12 7:19 AM
Dear Mohammad,
Thanks a lot for this nice and useful PDF manual. It's very useful for me.
Ali Abbasi
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Mohammad 2/18/12 12:36 AM
You are most welcome!
Please send me your comments if any!
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Dung Dinh Tien 10/16/12 12:11 PM
Hi Mohammad,

Could you please help me to set up gfortran in Codeblocks in Ubuntu platform?
It would be a big help.

Best,
Tien

Vào 09:36:22 UTC+1 Thứ bảy, ngày 18 tháng hai năm 2012, Mohammad đã viết:
You are most welcome!
Please send me your comments if any!
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Mohammad 10/16/12 1:50 PM
Hello Dung,
 I have not Ubuntu here and not installed gfortran on that! But there are instruction on the net and also in GFortran wiki page.
To install CB-Fortran, ask Darius, he absolutely help you and have already tested this.

Good luck
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Hossein 10/16/12 2:12 PM
Tien,

This is very easy...  in ubuntu you do:

sudo apt-get install gfortran g++

for codeblocks just download from Darius' website and unzip (run codeblocks_run.sh  in terminal). There is also a tutorial in same website that you can follow.

Cheers
Hossein

--
Hossein Talebi
Institute of Structural Mechanics (ISM)

PERMIX on google codes: http://code.google.com/p/permix/

Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Franky Djutanta 12/4/12 1:04 PM
Many thanks dude! Great pdf. Nice work.
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Mohammad 12/4/12 11:15 PM
Hello Franky,
 I am happy you found this tutorial useful.
I am preparing a next version demonstrating C::B-Fortran 1.0 with gfortran 4.8
I will post the update later on this forum.

All the best
Mohammad
Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Hossein 12/4/12 11:35 PM
Dear Mohammad,

I wanted to thank you for your efforts on Codeblocks and Fortran tutorials.

I am developing a Finite Element code based on F2003 (links below) - for 3 years now - and often the users of my code having problems understanding F2003. Most of them already know Matlab or C or F90 but F2003 seems not that easy.

I wanted to ask you, if you agree, together we can write a short tutorial on this. I had a look at your tutorials, but I think we have to cover more. The topics would be

derived data types
type bound procedures
abstract data types
procedure overriding
type extension
polymorphic types
deferred procedures
generic type bound procedures

I use all of these in my code which seem to be complicated to others. Please let me know what you think.

Best Regards
Hosseoin

--
Hossein Talebi
Institute of Structural Mechanics (ISM)
Bauhaus University-Weimar
Germany
Tel: 0049 3643 584509

PERMIX on google codes: http://code.google.com/p/permix/

Re: 10 minutes to setup Modern Fortran 2003 / 2008 with CB on Windows Mohammad 12/5/12 1:12 AM
Hello Hossein,
 Thank you for your offer. I will take a look on the code you have developed.
I teach linear finite element for graduate students, but we use Matlab for that course.

Actually what I developed as a tutorial is just a short presentation to show how to set up the C::B+Fortran and it is not a tutorial on modern Fortran.
There are very good ones on Fortran 95 and 2003/2008 in the folloing links:

1. http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/documents/13601/162125/fortran_class.pdf
2. http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/nmm1/Fortran/
3. http://exodus.physics.ucla.edu/Fortran95/PSTIResearchLecSeries1.html

Also there is a wonderful book called "Modern Fortran Explained" by Metcalf (see the following link:
   http://www.amazon.com/Explained-Numerical-Mathematics-Scientific-Computation/dp/0199601429)

The latest is the most complete one on Fortran 2003/2008.

All the best
Mohammad