Theme still referring to base webroot css file

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Theme still referring to base webroot css file Doug 4/25/11 9:12 AM
Hi. I set up a theme directory structure for themes within my cakephp
1.3 app. It seems to work correctly except that it's still referencing
the base css file (app/webroot/css/cake.generic.css) instead of the
themed css file (app/views/themed/default/webroot/css/default.css).

articles_controller.php:

class ArticlesController extends AppController {
        var $view = 'Theme';
        var $theme = 'default';
        var $helpers = array('Form', 'Html', 'Markdown');

app/views/themed/default/layouts/default.ctp:

        <?php echo $html->css('default'); ?>

When the page is rendered in my browser, and I view the source, this
is the result:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/[username]/css/
default.css" />

Why is the app not referencing the css within the theme folder instead
of the default folder?
Re: Theme still referring to base webroot css file cricket 4/26/11 11:01 AM
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Doug <douglas....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I set up a theme directory structure for themes within my cakephp

> class ArticlesController extends AppController {

>        var $view = 'Theme';
>        var $theme = 'default';

Looks like you got these mixed up.

Re: Theme still referring to base webroot css file Doug 4/26/11 11:05 AM
What do you mean? This is per the book. the $view variable should be set to 'Theme' to indicate that I am using themes and the $theme should be set to the name of my theme (which is 'default' in this case) right?

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

www.3dtoaster.com
Re: Theme still referring to base webroot css file cricket 4/26/11 11:35 AM
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Doug Springer
<douglas....@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean? This is per the book. the $view variable should be set to
> 'Theme' to indicate that I am using themes and the $theme should be set to
> the name of my theme (which is 'default' in this case) right?

My bad. I read that wrong.

Are you sure the CSS file exists? What's the path to it?

Re: Theme still referring to base webroot css file Theaxiom 10/15/11 12:08 AM
I am experiencing this same exact issue, what did you do to resolve it?
Re: Theme still referring to base webroot css file Theaxiom 10/15/11 2:09 AM
My webroot folder in my Theme folder had a capital "W" -- go figure.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Theaxiom <travis....@gmail.com> wrote:
I am experiencing this same exact issue, what did you do to resolve it?

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Theme still referring to base webroot css file phpMagpie 10/16/11 12:05 AM
What is the [username] coming from in:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/[username]/css/
default.css" />

HTH, Paul