post description and thumbnail in home page

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
post description and thumbnail in home page Mahroof Ali 5/24/12 1:54 AM
How can I restrict the full post from being shown in the home page,and instead, only a thumbnail image and a short description? is there any way that I can specify the default post thumbnail? This is my firs ever post in this forum, and I'm (not so,but) new with this. please reply according. (I can handle a few codes, though!) also, let me know if this is'nt the right place to post this question :)
Re: post description and thumbnail in home page JeeShen Lee 5/26/12 12:08 AM
I think you would need javascript to do that for you.
Re: [bloggerDev] post description and thumbnail in home page Brett Morgan 5/27/12 7:48 PM
You can show only a section of the post by using the Jump Break feature in the post editor. As to thumb nailing a selected image, I think you may need to work some magic, as JeeShen alluded to.

brett

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Mahroof Ali <rafi0...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I restrict the full post from being shown in the home page,and instead, only a thumbnail image and a short description? is there any way that I can specify the default post thumbnail? This is my firs ever post in this forum, and I'm (not so,but) new with this. please reply according. (I can handle a few codes, though!) also, let me know if this is'nt the right place to post this question :)

Brett Morgan

Developer Relations Engineer, Blogger

Re: post description and thumbnail in home page Alain-Christian 6/1/12 1:33 PM
Thumbnails

It depends. What image host are you using? If it's picasa you can use the list item thumbnailUrl as in post.thumbnailUrl. Otherwise you'll want to use enclosure items. The big graphics on my homepage are all enclosure items.
  • Adding Media Enclosure Links to Blogger Layouts — Tutorial that further explains enclosure items and how to use them in your template.
  • MY-STADY-Blogger-Template — My template on GitHub so you can see exactly how I implemented those thumbnails.
Jump Breaks
Blogger does a good job of explaining jump breaks in this buzz entry. Only thing they left out was the variable: snippet.

None of this requires JavaScripting.